• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

I remade Clarence BEEFTANK for my RTTS. He named his bat Geoffrey. And I gotta say, after coming from years of MLB2K games, The Show is fucking HARD.

Rbk_3

My RTTS SS has started in the majors (Nationals) in year 2. Mostly utility work with a few scattered starts. I think it's only a matter of time before I get sent down. Batting .230 about a month into the season.

Has anyone that uses Pure Analog for hitting have instances where your batter will lean forward and back on its own. Seems like my controller has a mind of its own. Coule just be a controller issue I guess. Any ideas

This is going to sound crazy, but have we discovered any cheats within the game yet? I've played through a couple seasons in Franchise and Road to the Show, and going after trophies isn't my cup-o-tea. Just really want to have more fun before I transition over to FIFA in honor of the World Cup starting (don't hate!).

I'll come back to my franchise once the Cup's finished.

impressive how did you get 2 hits

While intoxicated I have a chanteup speed bat. If those happen to be in the middle of the plate I can hit them.

If you're looking for a game to play while having a couple of beers the show is the wrong choice. You need every bit of reaction time to hit those fastballs.

Tc91

Been watching some streams of this mainly Spamfish and it actually looks fun. I know nothing about Baseball but for some reason I'm tempted to buy it.

Is this series like FIFA for example where it only drops in price when the new game comes out?

Has there been any news on patching to reduce the bugginess of online play? Mainly when one player sees the ball overthrown when it's not actually happening

Okay I dont know if this is a bug or not but signing free agents and when players get moved up from Triple A to the Majors or vice/versa, their player photo changes to a created player model.

Its really annoying because the actual player photo was there until the transaction occurred.

Trigonx

Been watching some streams of this mainly Spamfish and it actually looks fun. I know nothing about Baseball but for some reason I'm tempted to buy it.

Is this series like FIFA for example where it only drops in price when the new game comes out?

Usually around All-Star break(July) it drops to $40 at some stores. It did when I bought MLB11 and MLB12 in their respective years.

gazele

Banned
Does anyone actually like diamond dynasty? Is there something I'm not getting? Just doesn't seem that fun, wish they would have just copied ultimate teams from ea with contracts et al

Majanew

Banned
Rented this from Redbox today -- as did my brother. Pretty disappointing. The graphics don't look next-gen at all and the frame-rate clearly drops during almost every cutscene. And when my brother and I tried to find a way to play a game online against each other, the only option is for both of us to click Online Exhibition and hope it puts us together? And what the fuck is with the counts being randomized during Online Exhibition? As in, as soon as I come up to bat, the count is already 3-2. Glad I didn't buy this.

Rented this from Redbox today -- as did my brother. Pretty disappointing. The graphics don't look next-gen at all and the frame-rate clearly drops during almost every cutscene. And when my brother and I tried to find a way to play a game online against each other, the only option is for both of us to click Online Exhibition and hope it puts us together? And what the fuck is with the counts being randomized during Online Exhibition? As in, as soon as I come up to bat, the count is already 3-2. Glad I didn't buy this.

You guys probably had quick counts on. Its a way to speed up the game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Online is cumbersome. To challenge each other online there are several steps that have to take place.

1. Both of you have to be 'online'. It doesn't happen automatically when you boot so you have to initiate something online.
2. Press the touchpad.
3. Go to friends and challenge him.
4. He has to touch middle pad while being 'online' and accept your challenge.
5. Hope and pray that the game doesn't randomly freeze and boot you both to an error screen.

anyone having problems starting the game? i start it and it goes to black right as the announcer starts talking upon the game startup. then i get an error saying the sony entertainment network is undergoing maintenance.

not sure why that would prevent me from starting the game...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just got sent back down to AA after my first season. I spent a little over half the last season in AAA and hit .370. :(

Rflagg

anyone having problems starting the game? i start it and it goes to black right as the announcer starts talking upon the game startup. then i get an error saying the sony entertainment network is undergoing maintenance.

not sure why that would prevent me from starting the game...

Mine seemed to take longer loading the intro when I was playing earlier today, but fine otherwise, damn maintenance needs to been done already. :(

Edit: I got called up to the majors and am on such a hot streak I actually got an intentional walk. :)

The Blue Jays traded me R.A. Dickey and Adam Lind for a Triple A pitching prospect...

1322.gif

I think I should be charged with robbery because I took the deal...

Like I didn't want R.A. Dickey and Adam Lind.

I haven't gotten the glitch where the players turn all blacked out, but I did get one where my RTTS guy turned florescent pink. I'd upload a screenshot but PSN seems to be down for me.

Man, was pitching a gem with sherzer and had a perfect game going into the 7th. Hit a guy, walked a guy, dropped a pop out, and gave up a grand slam with 2 outs. Lose 4-1.

My bullpen (Tigers) is tearing me apart Lisa!

I blew two games because of idiotic decisions on my part.

I put Joe Nathan into a game late and didn't realize his stamina was shot. He blew the lead and we loss.

I hate when I lose due to my pitching but I deserve it.

This game is crack dammit.

I played about 11 games (quick counts, fast broadcast on most)

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING.

AND I'M NOT EVEN MAD WHEN I LOSE, IT JUST WANTS ME TO PLAY BETTER.

I am happy with my hitting improvements though.

Awesome news they are selling well. I can't bite on the first one though. Let's hope they put all that manpower into making 15 a true next gen experience.

NHale

Any suggestions for pitchers to play against and or batting settings to try for the trophy for not striking out?

If you want to get that trophy just use sliders that help you (max contact, foul frequency etc.) and increase CPU strike frequency.

Also increase stats for your players and decrease pitching staff stats. I believe you can download some rosters that already have that changes made.

So this just started happening, but now it seems like every time I boot up MLB after turning on my ps4, it gets stuck at a black screen immediately before the title screen even loads. I have to close the app, submit an error report, and then the next time(s) I launch it it works fine.

Anyone else experience this?

d0nnie

Banned
So this just started happening, but now it seems like every time I boot up MLB after turning on my ps4, it gets stuck at a black screen immediately before the title screen even loads. I have to close the app, submit an error report, and then the next time(s) I launch it it works fine.

That's sucks :-/....I haven't heard if this issue yet, nor have I experienced it.

Had that happen a few nights ago. Just going to chalk it up to the game not booting up properly. Seems to be fine now.

Top Bottom