• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

NHale

So after buying the game from eu psn after the delayed release the install takes forever. And I don't mean the download, that went fine, but now all I can do is some exhibition matches cause after more than 3 hours the install progress is only at 54%. What kind of shit is this? And why doesn't the game do this stupid install automatically after finishing the download? No, I have to manually boot up the game and afaik even have the game running during the bazillion hours install. Terrible.

The game is still downloading not installing. It's a mess because the download is divided into 2 parts. What you saw completed was the first part that allows you to start the game. The rest is still being downloaded.

You don't need to be in game for the rest to download. Select the game on the XMB and in the options(or information) you can see the progress of the full download. Quite an oversight to not show that on the download section though.

Sony really needs to fix this because it's so confusing.

Copenap

The game is still downloading not installing. It's a mess because the download is divided into 2 parts. What you saw completed was the first part that allows you to start the game. The rest is still being downloaded.

You don't need to be in game for the rest to download. Select the game on the XMB and in the options(or information) you can see the progress of the full download. Quite an oversight to not show that on the download section though.

Sony really needs to fix this because it's so confusing.
Thanks, I did look at the xmb but didn't see anything indicating it's actually doing something at first glance so I assumed it's only "working" when I'm actually in game. I also never put the system in stand by which probably enhanced this problem. Definitely agree with you, there gotta be a better way to indicate it's still downloading stuff. So this game gotta be huge, as the innitial download already was like 50 gigs?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I got called up after one and a half seasons in the minors. My first MLB hit was off the pitchers face, lol.

Dubz

I love this game. But, I haven't gorged on a Show since 12 on Vita... and I seriously can't bat in this one. My pitching is keeping me in games, but 11 games into my first season and my best performance is 4 runs.

Loving the dynamic difficulty, but I'm currently at Rookie -- for batting.
Up the contact, power, and timing sliders. It worked for me, and now I'm to the point where I have to lower them for more realism.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I got called up after one and a half seasons in the minors. My first MLB hit was off the pitchers face, lol.

I'm so loving RTTS! I created a player pattered off of Prince Fielder, and named him Chubby Moose.

I was called up after 2 seasons. I got drafted by the Padres, so first I went to their AA the San Antonio Missions. After a season with them, I moved up to AAA the El Paso Chihuahuas, then finished that season to become a Padre! However, I'm only a DH and am never in the game except in the 8th inning haha.

Sure is addicting, though.

So I had to reinstall my game today, digital title, and it is taking forever. Its been over 3 hours and my install is only at like %20. Why is it so slow?

Allforce

Is there any tips or tricks to getting your guy better ready for the majors? I'm in Season 2, started off at AA, went up to AAA halfway through the season, now I'm back in AA. I get anywhere from 30 to 85 performance points a game it feels like, is there a way to get more?

I'm awful at batting, playing on Rookie with Timing + Zone hitting and am getting more Poor At Bats than anything else it seems like.

Is there any tips or tricks to getting your guy better ready for the majors? I'm in Season 2, started off at AA, went up to AAA halfway through the season, now I'm back in AA. I get anywhere from 30 to 85 performance points a game it feels like, is there a way to get more?

I'm awful at batting, playing on Rookie with Timing + Zone hitting and am getting more Poor At Bats than anything else it seems like.

You could try Pure analog swinging. I have more fun with it then zone hitting.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Has anyone gotten the blacked out / other colors bug on RTTS since the patch? I played for a good while earlier today and it didn't happen. Usually it will if I stay on long enough.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Someone explain the roster stuff to me. I saved the latest ones, or so I thought. Started a new season to see Ike Davis on the Mets instead of the Pirates. I selected "Current" when I started it up. Is it just because he actually was on the Mets during opening day and it factors that in, or are they somehow still out of date? Can't check right now to see where he is in quick play.

This is my first Show game.

mpgeist

Whenever I'm on base in RTTS the pitchers never bunt with less than 2 outs. Does anyone else experience this? It's really bugging me.

Strider

Someone explain the roster stuff to me. I saved the latest ones, or so I thought. Started a new season to see Ike Davis on the Mets instead of the Pirates. I selected "Current" when I started it up. Is it just because he actually was on the Mets during opening day and it factors that in, or are they somehow still out of date? Can't check right now to see where he is in quick play.

This is my first Show game.

Did you load them after saving them? In most sports games once you download them they are automatically active, but in the show you still have to manually load them yourself.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Did you load them after saving them? In most sports games once you download them they are automatically active, but in the show you still have to manually load them yourself.

That must be it, thanks. Do I have to restart my season now? Not a big deal since I only played 1 game.

Lexxism

That's weird. I don't hear any music being played whenever my player hits a HR in RTTS. I did set-up a HR music but no music at all. Am I missing something here?

Just played my third exhibition game as the Tigers, getting a feel for hitting and pitching and such. Decided to take on Houston this time, a nice basement dweller to beat up on.

For the first time this year I actually scored a run, which was nice. Had a 5-3 lead going into the 9th, Joe Nathan blew the save without recording an out, but then Don Kelly of all people hit a walk-off 2-run HR for the win.

The ups and downs of a single baseball game, I tell ya.

Going to start my franchise or dynasty or whatever they call it next.

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
So I bought this game mostly to play via vita remote play in the same room as my PS4, so far it's completely unplayable for anything but fielding. Pretty disappointing.

So I bought this game mostly to play via vita remote play in the same room as my PS4, so far it's completely unplayable for anything but fielding. Pretty disappointing.

I used remote play from another room and didn't have any trouble. There was a slight lag in batting, but it was easily overcome by swinging just a tad earlier. Everything else was fine. There may have been interference when you first tried, so I'd give it another go and see if it improves.

Disclaimer: I have my settings on Rookie because I'm terrible at this game. That could be why the input lag didn't seem to impact me too much. Higher difficulties may not be so forgiving.

I used remote play from another room and didn't have any trouble. There was a slight lag in batting, but it was easily overcome by swinging just a tad earlier. Everything else was fine. There may have been interference when you first tried, so I'd give it another go and see if it improves.

Disclaimer: I have my settings on Rookie because I'm terrible at this game. That could be why the input lag didn't seem to impact me too much. Higher difficulties may not be so forgiving.

It's noticeable when batting using Remote Play, but it's really noticeable if you are pitching from what I've found. That's using both direct connect and over wi-fi. I haven't noticed lag in another game using RP though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Remote play is just an online simulator guys. It helps you practice for the batting lag online.

led4lyfe

My RTTS pitcher had a great couple of years. I'm a big lefty who throws slider, circle change, 4 seamer and cutter. First year I was drafted by the mariners and moved up to AAA pretty quickly, though I hit request trade by a mistake and was dealt to the Indians. a couple months into year 2 I was called up to start against the blue jays .

I played all my games until around august of my second year where I got bored and sim'd the season. Ended winning the World Series! I led the league in era, whip, complete games and shut outs. It's a lot of fun destroying righties high/inside with my cutter and making lefties look silly chasing my slider low/away.

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
It's noticeable when batting using Remote Play, but it's really noticeable if you are pitching from what I've found. That's using both direct connect and over wi-fi. I haven't noticed lag in another game using RP though.

I've been attempting to start RttS in a few positions. SS seemed like the fielding was slightly lagging and hitting was pretty spotty. RF seemed like the best option from the few games I tried but the hitting was still rather laggy. Closer is ENTIRELY unplayable, in the warm ups I was averaging about 3 strikes in all of the pitches(every pitch right where I wanted it on the tv).

I will have to mess with some alternate control methods(currently both on defaults) to see if I can salvage remote play ability so this doesn't turn into a late nights and weekends game for me since my gf watches 3-4 hrs worth of shows on dvr most nights when I could play. I guess it could be a good time to order a flat hdmi cable to run under the carpet to my computer monitor too..

Meohsix

Cliff Lee after Mark Teixeira hits his 2nd homer of the game.
AyKi0Sr.jpg

gazele

Banned
Had a no hitter in AA with my RTTS pitcher in his first season until the 9th with 2 outs left, feels bad man :(

Didn't even get the shutout haha

Also, I highly recommend analog hitting with no zone, liking it a lot

Also, I highly recommend analog hitting with no zone, liking it a lot

I like the mechanic. But when I stride and end up taking the pitch there is this awkward "in between" motion where the batter remains in his stride position. That irks me every time I see it, so I'm back to timing.

DoctorZ

The remote play latency is unacceptable IMO. How does something like this pass through cert even if its a first party game? My OG vita was stolen a while ago and I recently bought the Vita 2000 with one of the main selling points being I could play MLB 14 via RP since my gf and I only have one TV. Its completely unplayable.

The remote play latency is unacceptable IMO. How does something like this pass through cert even if its a first party game? My OG vita was stolen a while ago and I recently bought the Vita 2000 with one of the main selling points being I could play MLB 14 via RP since my gf and I only have one TV. Its completely unplayable.

Easy. Put little effort towards it to drive Vita version sales.

theapg

How do you make only one person take a lead and steal? For example runners on first and third, how do you steal second?

Joe Lee

So tonight, my RTTS pitcher is throwing a shutout through 7 innings and up over 100 pitches. I simmed the rest of the game because 24 was about to come on.

I apparently gave up 5 runs in the 8th. The fuck?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Agreed, I was disappointed in how laggy it was... So sad, they probably want you to buy the vita version lol!

How do you make only one person take a lead and steal? For example runners on first and third, how do you steal second?

All you have to do is aim the left stick at the runner you want to control and your inputs will apply to him only. In your example, you would hold the left stick towards first base and hit L2 to steal, L1 to extend your lead, etc.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't get it.. I don't understand how The Show Online can be so terrible. I know I'm not a network engineer or anything but think about this.

Madden has 11 players per team all moving interacting on every play. That's 22 people and a ball on the screen at all times. I can count on one hand how many times I've been randomly booted or disconnected for whatever reason in the past 2 or 3 years.

Meanwhile with the show we have 9 people largely standing absolutely still a good 60% of the time, a batter and a ball. Seems to me that San Diego studios has A LOT less to have to deal with and worry about.. How in the FUCK can they continue to churn out the absolute worst online experience of any sports title.

It has to be incompetence and or pure laziness. I can't think of any other reason or excuse. Pony the fuck up and hire some people talented enough to get your online experience out of the gutter San Diego Studios because this is some bullshit.

Mlb_Animator? Ramone? Care to enlighten me?

So I created a RTTS player, got drafted in the third round, and play in AA. How long is the call up to AAA then to the majors? My numbers are completely ridiculous (because I play them individually right now and don't sim) so I would think that a call up would be pretty quick.

So I created a RTTS player, got drafted in the third round, and play in AA. How long is the call up to AAA then to the majors? My numbers are completely ridiculous (because I play them individually right now and don't sim) so I would think that a call up would be pretty quick.

I got called up to AAA about halfway through my first season and did very well. Then, for my 2nd season, the Yankees signed me to a 1 year AA contract so I started back down there.

Haven't finished my 2nd season yet but I'm hitting .370 and still in AA.

Top Bottom