• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

mYm|17| said:
geeez the Stros look bad

As I said the other day, I think they're one of the bottom four teams even with Oswalt and Berkman both healthy.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
20z1p9w.jpg

:lol :lol

xbhaskarx

Milton Bradley flies out, now 1 for 17

Some Rangers fan said something, and Bradley stood in front of the dugout staring at him for like 10 seconds before getting off the field.

I say 5 games until the first Bradley meltdown.

nocode

Mets looked fucking great tonight. Wright was robbed by either the wind or as Keith pointed out, was "lifting toothpicks in the offseason" :lol

Can't wait to see the return or Rey-has tomorrow! Lets go offense motherfucks!

Thaedolus

I feel bad for Bradley. I think deep down he wants to be a good guy, but he's just got that insanity factor.

And the A's put up a crooked number in the first inning in Anaheim...WTF is happening?!

EDIT

Holy shit Gio, nice first inning :lol

xbhaskarx

Thaedolus said:
And the A's put up a crooked number in the first inning in Anaheim...WTF is happening?!

Matt Palmer is a lousy pitcher.

But he was 11-2 with an ERA under 4 last year so he's "a winner" and I'm pretty sure those are the only pitching stats the Angels are familiar with.

Thaedolus

xbhaskarx said:
Matt Palmer is a lousy pitcher.

But he was 11-2 with an ERA under 4 last year so he's "a winner" and I'm pretty sure those are the only pitching stats the Angels are familiar with.

True, I think I'm just used to the A's making lousy pitchers look like Cy Young contenders.

xbhaskarx

Thaedolus said:
Holy shit Gio, nice first inning :lol

If Gio can get his head together and avoid that one bad inning, he's going to be a monster.

Rajai Davis gets a double out of a ground ball up the middle. :lol

Thaedolus

Fucking Rajai turning a single up the middle into a double :lol

The A's are gonna be fun to watch this year at the very least

Taxman

Woo Herndon!
Edit: So I had to go away for like an hour and a half. Tell me, fellow Philthies, how was Happ? I see no runs, but he seemed to be out rather early for not having given up any runs.

Jon

Taxman said:
Woo Herndon!
Edit: So I had to go away for like an hour and a half. Tell me, fellow Philthies, how was Happ? I see no runs, but he seemed to be out rather early for not having given up any runs.

Happ was great. He ran into trouble with a shit-ton of foul balls. That really drove up his pitch count. But he looked just like last year's Happ, mixing pitches, changing speeds, changing eye-levels--he even got a few strike outs on that high fastball he likes to use.

I was very impressed.

Mrbob

xbhaskarx said:
Milton Bradley flies out, now 1 for 17

Some Rangers fan said something, and Bradley stood in front of the dugout staring at him for like 10 seconds before getting off the field.

I say 5 games until the first Bradley meltdown.

Bradley is still garbage and Silva had a quality start.

Cubs 1 Mariners 0 right now

Damn bullpen. :(

Taxman

Jon said:
Happ was great. He ran into trouble with a shit-ton of foul balls. That really drove up his pitch count. But he looked just like last year's Happ, mixing pitches, changing speeds, changing eye-levels--he even got a few strike outs on that high fastball he likes to use.

I was very impressed.
Awesome. On another note, I had no idea that Baez threw at 96-97 mph.

Mrbob

Woo Hoffman gives up a 2 strike 2 out 2 run homer in the top 9th to blow a 4-3 lead. Warms my heart to see the Brewers choke a game away. :D

xbhaskarx

Mrbob said:
Woo Hoffman gives up a 2 strike 2 out 2 run homer in the top 9th to blow a 4-3 lead.

I sure wouldn't trust him to close games for my team, maybe they'll find someone else once he gets to 600...

Jon

That was one of the most satisfying Phillies wins of the past few years. All facets were amazing tonight. All facets.

adg1034

Wow. The Twins pull off a nailbiter. True, the game never should have been that close in the first place, but it's always satisfying to win in Chicago.

And how about JJ Hardy? I think it's safe to say that his 2009 was a fluke. Sorry, Brew Crew. Until Gomez starts repeating his Opening Day performance, I think we win this round.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So yeah, today's game sucked. Let's make up for it with some cool MiLBraves news:

- Scott Proctor threw a perfect inning with 2Ks
- Cody Johnson struck out twice in two ABs
- Adam Milligan went 2-4 with a HR
- Cole Rohrbough and Juan Abreu both got knocked around
- Christian Bethancourt hit a HR
- Julio Teheren, our new #1 pitching prospect, did this in his debut: 6IP, 2H, 0R, 1BB, 7K

I think Arodys Vizcaino starts tomorrow, should be interesting. If both him and Teheren do well this year, they could be in the majors by 2012. Imagine that rotation.

xbhaskarx

Aaand that's game, A's 4-1.

diddlyD said:
man wtf is wrong with the angels

1. They mistakenly believed that they were so much better than the rest of the division that they didn't need to replace John Lackey and Chone Figgins.

2. For some reason 3 of the 13 position players on their roster are catchers. And so far in five games they have started the catcher with a .850 career OPS (Napoli) once and the catcher with a .600 career OPS (Mathis) four times.

PantherLotus said:
Watching the Royals/Red Sox replay now, knowing the result. :)

That's probably the safest way for a Royals fan to watch games.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
xbhaskarx said:
Aaand that's game, A's 4-1.

1. They mistakenly believed that they were so much better than the rest of the division that they didn't need to replace John Lackey and Chone Figgins.

2. For some reason 3 of the 13 position players on their roster are catchers. And so far in five games they have started the catcher with a .850 career OPS (Napoli) once and the catcher with a .600 career OPS (Mathis) four times.

That's probably the safest way for a Royals fan to watch games.
They did this during the playoffs too. I understand Scoscia, the dumbest manager ever, was trying to "play the hot hand," but it didn't really work. Mathis is worse than Napoli. Much worse. Stop playing him. Well, keep playing him. I hate that team.

xbhaskarx

Y2Kev said:
They did this during the playoffs too. I understand Scoscia, the dumbest manager ever, was trying to "play the hot hand," but it didn't really work. Mathis is worse than Napoli. Much worse. Stop playing him. Well, keep playing him. I hate that team.

By career OPS:

Napoli = Brian McCann
Mathis = Jose Molina, Eli Whiteside, or JR Towles

It's killing both my fantasy teams but I'm happy to see the Angels starting Jose Molina over Brian McCann.

xbhaskarx said:
By career OPS:

Napoli = Brian McCann
Mathis = Jose Molina, Eli Whiteside, or JR Towles

It's killing both my fantasy teams but I'm happy to see the Angels starting Jose Molina over Brian McCann.
Yea, I just dropped Napoli in the one league I have him because I can't take it anymore. Fucking Scoscia.

cashman

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Liriano gives up 2 runs, Twins down 3-2, Lewis gets out of a bases loaded jam, Rangers 5-1.
Lewis did really good aside from that first inning. He did pitch against a shitty offense but always good to keep the confidence up.

xbhaskarx

cashman said:
Lewis did really good aside from that first inning. He did pitch against a shitty offense but always good to keep the confidence up.

Lewis was okay, he faced a shitty offense and only had 3 K to 4 BB. I expected better after his 369 K to 46 BB in Japan over the last two years, but it was only his first start I guess...

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Why is there a bunch of shirtless shortstops on this page. God damn you for reminding me of Alex Gonzalez, he was such a highly rated prospect and didn't really amount to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom