• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
CygnusXS said:
So yeah, today's game sucked. Let's make up for it with some cool MiLBraves news:

- Scott Proctor threw a perfect inning with 2Ks
- Cody Johnson struck out twice in two ABs
- Adam Milligan went 2-4 with a HR
- Cole Rohrbough and Juan Abreu both got knocked around
- Christian Bethancourt hit a HR
- Julio Teheren, our new #1 pitching prospect, did this in his debut: 6IP, 2H, 0R, 1BB, 7K

I think Arodys Vizcaino starts tomorrow, should be interesting. If both him and Teheren do well this year, they could be in the majors by 2012. Imagine that rotation.

I love how Arodys goes from 3 star to 5 star prospect once he's out of the Yankees. :lol

Thaedolus

xbhaskarx said:
"the Angels dropped to 1-4 for the first time since 1988."

"The A's are on pace to win 130 games this season."

(I'm quoting myself)

I can't wait to see how Sheets performs tonight. I think he was too amped up opening night. Also, does anyone else think he kinda looks like Stiffler?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CygnusXS said:
So yeah, today's game sucked. Let's make up for it with some cool MiLBraves news:

- Scott Proctor threw a perfect inning with 2Ks
- Cody Johnson struck out twice in two ABs
- Adam Milligan went 2-4 with a HR
- Cole Rohrbough and Juan Abreu both got knocked around
- Christian Bethancourt hit a HR
- Julio Teheren, our new #1 pitching prospect, did this in his debut: 6IP, 2H, 0R, 1BB, 7K

I think Arodys Vizcaino starts tomorrow, should be interesting. If both him and Teheren do well this year, they could be in the majors by 2012. Imagine that rotation.
I expect Proctor to take Jo-Jo's spot in the bullpen in a couple weeks but where does that leave Kimbrel? He will probably be called up mid season if all goes well, but right now if Chavez pitches well (he was awesome in his debut) then I don't see a spot for him. Not too surprised about Cody Johnson racking up the Ks, still don't expect him to amount to anything, but damn does he have loads of power.

It will be interesting to see what the Braves do if Bethancourt lives up to his potential. What will the Braves do when he is knocking on the door in a few years? No way the braves trade McCann and I doubt McCann would move to first because of Freeman. Quite a predicament.

Teheren, Delgado and Viscanio are some nice high upside arms to have in the system. The odds are in our favor of at least one of them working out. And then there is Minor who projects to be a middle of the rotation starter. Always nice to have pitching depth.
talisayNon said:
I love how Arodys goes from 3 star to 5 star prospect once he's out of the Yankees. :lol
BP ranked him as a 4 star prospect and BA said he was the #2 prospect behind Montero.

Holy shit at A's being top of west ATM. What the fuck is going on with the Angels? My Rangers are in second, but holy shit.

TBH, the Rangers need to pick it up. Dropping 2/3 to the Jays is unacceptable!

Can't wait until I get to go see a game this season. Will have to wait until I finish up school.

Windu

The_Inquisitor said:
Holy shit at A's being top of west ATM. What the fuck is going on with the Angels? My Rangers are in second, but holy shit.
First week of the season. For example, Francouer is actually hitting the ball right now.

jacobs34

Does anyone else here use MLB.tv? I've had a problem being able to do any kind of multitasking that involves watching games and using Skype. My laptop has 3 gigs of ram and is fairly new, but it seems like MLB.tv makes it use up to 99% of its GPU. Is the service really this much of a GPU hog?

Windu

jacobs34 said:
Does anyone else here use MLB.tv? I've had a problem being able to do any kind of multitasking that involves watching games and using Skype. My laptop has 3 gigs of ram and is fairly new, but it seems like MLB.tv makes it use up to 99% of its GPU. Is the service really this much of a GPU hog?
Watching Live streaming HD Baseball while watching Live streaming video. Yeah...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/faq_system_requirements.jsp#q2

jacobs34 said:

If you are trying to watch two hd feeds at the same time, yeah, your laptop is going to chug. :lol

Plus they use flash as their player. Even worse!

jacobs34

The_Inquisitor said:
If you are trying to watch two hd feeds at the same time, yeah, your laptop is going to chug. :lol

Plus they use flash as their player. Even worse!

I'm talking more about watching one game and using Skype's instant messenger. I've even tried turning the Video Quality all the way down, and it can still get to the point where my laptop will just shut down. There's no way I'd try watching two HD games at once on this thing, it would probably start smoking. Oh well, perhaps it's time to get that iMac I've been wanting for awhile, something tells me I'd enjoy watching games on that 27 inch screen.

Windu

Your laptop probably just sucks.

edit: I love how CB Bucknor can make calls without looking.

xbhaskarx

Doytch said:
His fastball isn't looking too hot. Don't think I'm gonna start him today in the league where I've got him as a 6th SP.

That is just stupid. Sheets hasn't pitched in well over a year. It takes time to build up arm strength.
Even if he didn't get the velocity back, he had a 3.38 FIP with a 92.6 mph fastball, but he's going to be hittable with a 91.2 mph fastball?
And the sample size is laughable, a 1.5 mph drop in velocity is absolutely meaningless after one game.
There may be valid reasons to not start Sheets today, but that's not one of them.

Windu

The Mets Offense is almost as clutch as the Braves.

Get them on, get them over, get the out. Braves/Mets Baseball

xbhaskarx

Macattk15 said:
Does anyone know how I can get around these MLB.TV blackouts? Isn't it something to do with a proxy server?

Yeah, but I think it's tough: not only would you need to find a decent proxy server, but I think MLB.tv might now check the zip code for your credit card as well (I could be wrong).

jakncoke

Banned
I truly am bad luck for this team. 2 games I couldn't watch 2-0. 2 games i could and did we get destroyed. Or rather we're the fucking Pirates and we still fucking suck

Macattk15

xbhaskarx said:
Yeah, but I think it's tough: not only would you need to find a decent proxy server, but I think MLB.tv might now check the zip code for your credit card as well (I could be wrong).

Those son of a bitches.

It was easy to do last year I remember.

I'd just go to this website with a listing of proxy servers, pop one in and go. I don't know the site anymore with the listing of them however.

What I love about the mlb app is that it allows me to listen to different games while I wait for the Rangers game at 2. Listening to Tigers and Indians at the moment.

I think Rangers win today 5-3.

Bay stealing third??? Tatis rips an RBI single because Zimmerman had to vacate his position!

The zone has been consistent, no pitcher has gotten that inside corner call.

on each odd numbered inning, Ollie has retired the side on 12 pitches
on each even numbered inning, Ollie has thrown 24 pitches, allowed 2 runs and given up a 2-out RBI hit...

WTF Ollie? Sid Fernandez 2.0 indeed.

Macattk15

The_Inquisitor said:
What I love about the mlb app is that it allows me to listen to different games while I wait for the Rangers game at 2. Listening to Tigers and Indians at the moment.

I think Rangers win today 5-3.

You do realize it's Felix right?

When did the Mets start throwing starters in the bullpen to throw side sessions during games? Perez did the 2 days ago, now Maine is.

EDIT: Oh crap Jose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom