• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
If Jake Lamb has finally figured out how to hit lefties - three game winning smashes against them the last three series - then I am pretty fuckin excited about this lineup core.

rekameohs

Banned
Did they chain the luchador in the Chase Field dungeon?

Dbacks-Luchador.jpg
I unironically think that would be a dope af mascot, but eh what do I know

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
What are you currently using to watch MLB.TV?

When I subscribed to WWE Network I would always use the Windows 10 app over the actual site but it was always crashing.

Good god that Chris Ianetta home run has set off a chain reaction of stupid.
Usually watch it on my xbox. Works flawlessly.

RBH

cut.jpg

MLB and the MLB Players Association have agreed to celebrate Players Weekend Aug. 25-27, when all players will be permitted to wear colorful, non-traditional uniforms featuring alternate designs. Jerseys will be adorned with nicknames, and other portions of the uniform will be personalized in an effort to allow fans to get a better feel for a player's personality.

"I think it will be cool to see a change and something different," Braves outfielder Lane Adams said. "It should be interesting. I'm sure Brandon [Phillips] will have some style out there. It's good to add some personality to let everyone see what the player is about."

The nicknames will be displayed on the backs of the Majestic Athletic jerseys that will be worn during a home series against the Rockies from Aug. 25-27.

Freddie Freeman opted to go with simply "Freddie." Kurt Suzuki settled for "Zuk" after a request for Duke Kahanamoku (a famous Hawaiian surfer) was denied. Adams will have his Twitter handle (@LA_Swiftness) on his jersey.

"I think it will give fans a little inside perspective and a chance to see a different side of the players," said Braves left-handed reliever Sam Freeman, who will have "Freezy" on the back of his jersey.

Players will also be permitted to don uniquely colored and designed spikes, batting gloves, wristbands, compression sleeves, catcher's masks and bats. Flowers' normal chest protector includes neon trim, but the equipment he has ordered for Players Weekend will be even more eccentric.

"I know Flo is pumped about it, He's got his gear coming in," Suzuki said. "It's a surprise. I can't spill the beans, but it's supposed to be pretty cool. You'll see him, that's for sure."
Players will wear specially designed caps by New Era, and unique socks from Stance.

During pregame workouts and postgame interviews, they will wear T-shirts highlighting a charity or cause of their choice. Each player will also wear a special patch on his sleeve showing the progression of a child evolving into a Major Leaguer. The white space under the logo will allow players to include the name of a person who aided the advancement of their journey to the Majors.

Braves closer Arodys Vizcaino plans to honor his mother by placing her name within the white space.
http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/247216362/braves-to-celebrate-players-weekend/

Chris R

Some of those jerseys look really good.

Others look like trash.

Also, names on the back of the Yankees jerseys? Surprised they didn't opt out.

Line_HTX

That was the longest two weeks ever. Now we need Correa back.

Is there any way, any fucking possible way to fix this starting pitching...

BFIB

First off, if you're going to do the whole jersey thing, bring back the "future jersey" deal. Those were sweet.

Here's the Cards:

cut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom