• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MLB-GAF fantasy... football?

I'm down, as long as mustard is the official sponsor of the league.

I might be interested

Let's do it.

I am boycotting this ketchup sponsored league!

I approve of this prize.

Totes in.

I'm in for fantasy football. But how much ketchup we talking about?

PM me your email addresses and and Ill add you onto the league, made one on yahoo.

Plus anyone else interested send it to me, maybe doing 12-16 max if it fills up.

rekameohs

Banned
Damn. It's a shame that RISP has abandoned us lately. Still neeeed for that Dodgers NLDS to happen. All of the last four losses to them were only by one - still outscored in the head-to-head.

Meier

What makes something a Hold? I've always been confused. If Josh Fields held the lead for 2 innings, why didn't he get one? The parameters seem mystical. By the info on wiki, he should have one (and by any seemingly normal standard), but the espn box score doesn't show him as receiving one.

Edit: It looks like they just don't have it listed for some reason. MLB.com shows him as getting one.

kIdMuScLe

Is trout gonna wear "wasted career " for his nickname jersey? I feel bad for him... dodgers should trade Puig, pederson, urias and another pitcher for him

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What makes something a Hold? I've always been confused. If Josh Fields held the lead for 2 innings, why didn't he get one? The parameters seem mystical. By the info on wiki, he should have one (and by any seemingly normal standard), but the espn box score doesn't show him as receiving one.

480irWl.png

He did?

MC Safety

The Mess got a relief pitcher for Jay the Bruce.

"All told, the Mets have acquired five Minor League relievers in the past two weeks: Drew Smith, for Duda; Gerson Bautista, Jamie Callahan and Stephen Nogosek, for Reed; and Ryan, for Bruce. And they may not be done. Outfielder Curtis Granderson and infielder Asdrubal Cabrera, in particular, have drawn interest in recent weeks, and could move before the end of August."

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/247518188/mets-trade-jay-bruce-to-indians-for-prospect/

The article suggests the Yankees offered prospects (plural) for Bruce.

I don't understand this trade.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Duda penned a letter to Mets fans/T7L army.

According to this Sherman article, Yankees agreed to send the Mets two prospects they'd asked for, but wanted the Mets to eat some of Bruce's remaining salary.

1) The Mets didn't want to eat the money because they are cheap.
2) The probably didn't want to help the Yanks reach the playoffs.
3) The Mets are really fucking cheap.

Edit - This fucking team, take it away from the Wilpons already MLB:

Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal

Sources confirm: #Yankees offered two prospects for Bruce and $1M in salary relief, as @MarcCarig, others said. #Indians took entire $3.7M.

#Mets preferred savings to prospects NYY offered. Also were not eager to finance trade for NYY, whom they face four times from Aug. 14-17.

TS-08

"#Mets preferred savings to prospects NYY offered. Also were not eager to finance trade for NYY, whom they face four times from Aug. 14-17."

Yes, that pivotal series that could make or break the Mets' season.

BFIB

If the Cards win today they are one game back. I have full expectations for Matheny to fuck up down the stretch, but if this team somehow pulls out a division win, this rotation is going to make this team dangerous in the playoffs.

Such a bizarre season.

Parch

Apparently there are several fans and management from the Yankees organization that are not too thrilled about this novelty jersey day.

It will be the first time in NY Yankee history that names will be on the back of the jerseys.

Not only that, but it's silly nicknames. So I can kinda see their point that it's a slap in the face of baseball tradition and the end of an era for that organization. Personally to me it seems like a good idea and a fan friendly, modern thing to do. It's not that big of a deal and the game evolves, so traditions sometimes need to be sacrificed.

Apparently there are several fans and management from the Yankees organization that are not too thrilled about this novelty jersey day.

It will be the first time in NY Yankee history that names will be on the back of the jerseys.

Not only that, but it's silly nicknames. So I can kinda see their point that it's a slap in the face of baseball tradition and the end of an era for that organization. Personally to me it seems like a good idea and a fan friendly, modern thing to do. It's not that big of a deal and the game evolves, so traditions sometimes need to be sacrificed.

The Yankees need to pull the stick out of their collective asses. Oh what's next players with facial hair!?!?!

BumRush

Not defending Sandy because - on the whole - I don't think he's been anything special thus far. This particular deal feels more "cheap" wilpon than Sandy though.

Not defending Sandy because - on the whole - I don't think he's been anything special thus far. This particular deal feels more "cheap" wilpon than Sandy though.
It's both. At this point Sandy is just doing whatever Jeff wants because he's retiring. And Jeff is gonna take his job.

Line_HTX

MLB Network Radio‏ @MLBNetworkRadio 14m14 minutes ago

Josh Reddick says the #Astros were "down in the dumps" about the trade deadline

DG5Fz7sXUAAmz4F.jpg

Sad deflated Woooo...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
MLB Network Radio‏ @MLBNetworkRadio 14m14 minutes ago

Josh Reddick says the #Astros were "down in the dumps" about the trade deadline

Sad deflated Woooo...

I mean, it's not like Luhnow didn't do ANYTHING, it's just that the deals didn't get done.

They had a trade in principle for Briton that the O's owner nixed, because they're known to be dicks.

They supposedly had a trade for Darvish too, but Texas felt the Dodgers offer was better.

And you gotta remember that adding players at the deadline does not guarantee success.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dominic Smith is being promoted.

New York Mets‏ @Mets

.@MetsGM says @TheRealSmith22 will be promoted tomorrow and join the team in Philadelphia. #Mets

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

yanks & mets failed to close deals for lucas duda & jay bruce. they'd also talked about neil walker. maybe the 2 teams can try that 1 again.

Edit -

Mike Puma‏ @NYPost_Mets

As others have said, the Mets had a deal with the Yankees killed on July 31 for Neil Walker because of medicals.

Choomp

Banned
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

yanks & mets failed to close deals for lucas duda & jay bruce. they'd also talked about neil walker. maybe the 2 teams can try that 1 again.

Edit -

Mike Puma‏ @NYPost_Mets

As others have said, the Mets had a deal with the Yankees killed on July 31 for Neil Walker because of medicals.

Mike Puna @NYPost_Mets

A Mets official on the Bruce to the Yankees talks: "If they would give us something of [bleeping] value, maybe we would make a deal."

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom