• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Willson Contreras is getting two games for that shit yesterday

How about we suspend Jordan Baker for the rest of the regular season for missing the call in the first place

Line_HTX

Heredia flailing and couldn't make the diving catch on Springer's double.

This fucking umpire is so assisting Ramirez out with that strike call that should have been a 4-0 walk way above Reddick's belt.

*Stares at Mortemis

Mortemis

Banned
Heredia flailing and couldn't make the diving catch on Springer's double.

This fucking umpire is so assisting Ramirez out with that strike call that should have been a 4-0 walk way above Reddick's belt.

*Stares at Mortemis

I miss Dyson's defense. :( I didn't see the play you're talking about though, Heredia is pretty good.

Hope we can bring Dyson back for another year.

Chris R

I miss Dyson's defense. :( I didn't see the play you're talking about though, Heredia is pretty good.

Hope we can bring him back for another year.

He'll be back.

He would have made both of those catches too.

Oh well, CFB time now, sick and tired of this shit this year.

Ly0HJTi.gif

Willson Contreras is getting two games for that shit yesterday

How about we suspend Jordan Baker for the rest of the regular season for missing the call in the first place

The suspension is deserved, Wilson acted like a dick. should umpires be suspended every time they miss a call? Or maybe players should learn to be mature adults and not lose their shot every time there is a missed call?

gamz

The suspension is deserved, Wilson acted like a dick. should umpires be suspended every time they miss a call? Or maybe players should learn to be mature adults and not lose their shot every time there is a missed call?

Or maybe call a game better.

It's not Everytime. If you watched the first few innings of today's game Hendricks was squeezed. Dude, had at least 5-6 pitches called as balls and they were obvious strikes.

God forbid players show emotion when it was a terrible call.

clemenx

Banned

Meh. He didn't clock anyone or anything. If we talk about attitudes Lackey deserves all the attention in yesterday's incident.

Punisihing the random bounce of a helmet is dumb. He didn't even spike it.

gamz

Let's get those brooms ready for tomorrow.

Tribe peaked too early. Now is the time to start the 25 game winning streak.

Yup!!!!!

The band is back together. Just have to get Jake going and let's do this!

Edit:. And I'm not talking Vedder jamming on Clark last night. Lol

Lindor set a club record for extra base hits (10 straight games) and it's just hard to believe no one hit for an extra base over 16 straight games (the record)

Or maybe call a game better.

It's not Everytime. If you watched the first few innings of today's game Hendricks was squeezed. Dude, had at least 5-6 pitches called as balls and they were obvious strikes.

God forbid players show emotion when it was a terrible call.

Meh. He didn't clock anyone or anything. If we talk about attitudes Lackey deserves all the attention in yesterday's incident.

Punisihing the random bounce of a helmet is dumb. He didn't even spike it.

Players shouldn't be getting in the face of umpires like that. His flicking veins were popping out. Don't defend behavior like that. Players already know that balls and strikes cant be argued, why keep trying to escalate? It's childish and didn't accomplish anything. Wonder if contreras was this mad when Mia Khalifa turned him down...

zulux21

Can I assume that Cleveland's win streak was all against the absolutely horrid AL Central to give me more hope for the postseason?

they split a 4 game series with boston to start their streak (with the wins being the first and 4th game so 1 game of the streak was with boston)

from there 3 against KC
3 against the yankees
4 against tigers
4 against white sox
3 against O's
3 against tigers
and then 1 against KC

I know the indians beat up both the yankees and twins quite a bit this year.

gamz

Players shouldn't be getting in the face of umpires like that. His flicking veins were popping out. Don't defend behavior like that. Players already know that balls and strikes cant be argued, why keep trying to escalate? It's childish and didn't accomplish anything. Wonder if contreras was this mad when Mia Khalifa turned him down...

Getting a two day suspension is absurd. It's a bad call and players got pissed. News at 11.

Anyway, let's go for the sweep today!!!

Line_HTX

How the Verlander trade on August 31st went down. Very long and detailed, and pretty crazy that they had seconds to spare.

Me personally, I did not hear about the deal successfully made until after midnight because all of my attention was on the Harvey floods and especially living near a river it was kind of hairy until it crested earlier than usual. I had already given up after hearing Choomp mention it but word was going around that it was dead.

"I'm not exactly sure what time it was, but it was late, and in the middle of one of my paces I look at Kate and go, 'Screw it. We're going to Houston.' And she goes, 'OK!' and got excited. It was a pretty cool moment, really."

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom