• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

At least it was scored a hit on Xander Derpgarts.

aPBqeCd.png

Toth

I still say Grey was a mediocre trade. The guy is too inconsistent and this is his third straight struggling start, no?

ThisGuy

I do have some concern with him and Shaw going into the playoffs. Both have looked shakey lately.

I've always felt that way about Shaw, though, but for some reason every baseball journalist loves talking about how underrated he is. And Tito seems to love him. Trust in Tito I guess.
I get nervous when shaw steps up. But for what ever reason I like him. I'm always rooting for him to do his best lol.

zulux21

He's had like 2 bad starts since he came over. His previous start was 6 innings, one run.

beyond that it's not like it was a 2 month rental.

he is a solid number 2 pitcher (with ace potential) that the yankees really didn't give up anything that major for that they have control of for another what 3 years?

Beckx

So the Bucs had Wiz Khalifa throw the first pitch at the game yesterday and apparently he said something pro-weed and MLB brass are Very Angry

mjp2417

Banned
The Yankees got Gray for the playoff push. Has he done anything lately to give you confidence he can be of help there? That's my concern.

And the next two years on a cheap contract. The centerpiece of the trade was Dustin Fowler who is completely blocked with the current logjam in the outfield. You make that trade every time.

Very thoughtful answer. You also didn't answer the question.

i didn't think it was worth answering, but i have no life, so why not

you seek out things to be miserable and complain about when there's nothing there. they got gray because he's a good pitcher with 2.5 years of cheap control, they didn't get him as some kind of 2017 playoff savior. he's already helped the yankees win the wild card, and he'll be able to help the yankees for 2 more years after that. as for this postseason, you're just desperate for things to bitch about. he had 2 bad starts, big deal. he has pitched well for the yankees, and there is no reason to be pessimistic about him going into the playoffs. of course, if he does happen to pitch poorly in the playoffs, you'll just trash him and pretend like you were right to expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom