• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnex

Neo Member
Welp.

It would really be helpful for this pen if Hudson turns it around next year. Spending $5.5m on a replacement level bullpen arm is not ideal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Anderson is indeed quick, but it's still crazy to see someone score from first on a pretty routine single to left lol.

3-2 count, running on the pitch and he's rounding second going into third by the time the ball even reaches the outfielder.

My god, that's fast.

zulux21

3-2 count, running on the pitch and he's rounding second going into third by the time the ball even reaches the outfielder.

My god, that's fast.

the big shame is he hasn't managed to get a good stealing technique going.

hopefully he figures that out since he is signed for quite a while with the white sox.

he is Yoan Moncada's partner in crime in the middle infield so if they both continue to grow they will be hard to get anything through for years.

zulux21

Shoot: i thought Stanton would of had 62 by now after visiting Colorado and Arizona.

Come on Stanton, get 62!!

*looks up home run stuff*

you know it's crazy that sammy sosa hit 60+ home runs 3 times... and none of those times was he the home run leader.

he only lead in seasons when he hit 50 and 49 lol.

Line_HTX

#AstrosHarvey‏ @astros 2h2 hours ago

#AstrosHarvey Retweeted ESPN Stats & Info

This sounds made up, but we’ll take it.

ESPN Stats & Info‏ @ESPNStatsInfo

Astros are first team to win 4 straight games all by 9+ runs since the Detroit Wolverines in the National League in 1887 (via @EliasSports).

DK3KBCCW4AI3bNL.jpg

IMO it's peaking one week too early. 😗😗😗😗

Parch

Blue Jays having some fun playing spoiler. Time to mess with the Yankees.

Bye bye Batista. Hello Ezequiel Carrera. Sept callup Taoscar Hernandez takes full advantage of the opportunity.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Blue Jays having some fun playing spoiler. Time to mess with the Yankees.

Bye bye Batista. Hello Ezequiel Carrera. Sept callup takes full advantage of the opportunity.

There's not really much to spoil. I think they're getting ready to face the Twinkies in the coin flip game.

Mrbob

Jed Hoyer was on the radio today. I think Hendricks is going to start game one from the way he was talking.

Hendricks, Q, Lester, Arietta

or

Hendricks, Lester, Q, Arietta

But he was saying based on performance is how the rotation will shake out. It also sounds like Arietta is more hurt than the team might be letting on I don't think he goes before Lester.

Perfect scenario is the Cubs win the NLDS in 3 and let Arietta rest for the NLCS but this is highly unlikely scenario. Expecting the series to go 5.

GODDAMNIT

First step of success for the Cards is getting rid of this guy:

arlegVP.jpg

I'm not going to complain though if the Cards keep him as manager.

zulux21

Perfect scenario is the Cubs win the NLDS in 3 and let Arietta restfor the NLCS but this is highly unlikely scenario. Expecting the series to go 5.

nah the perfect scneario is the cubs lose in 4 with Q getting the only win in a 1-0 perfect game :p

Malo

Banned
Jack Curry

After Judge grounded out, he returned to dugout, grimaced, bent down, put hands on knees. Also chatted w/ athletic trainer. Walking gingerly

Cancel the playoffs.

Sephzilla

I guess my only hope is hoping that the Dodgers want to knock a division rival out of the playoff race. Or that the Dodgers want to end the season hot before taking a first round bye

Malo

Banned
Jack Curry

Whatever Judge experienced after last at bat was enough for him to speak with athletic trainer. But he's still in game. Very positive sign.

And exhale.

Joe

Blue Jays spent their last off-day of the season in Manhattan on a Thursday night. I wonder if they partied it up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
.239/.308/.282 in 20 WS games. MVP.

He arguably would have won the MVP if the award existed in 1954 when the Giants upset the heavily favored 111 win Indians, which would have made him the first winner. Clearly MLB didn't want to name it after a filthy Dodger who won it the following year.

gamz

Jed Hoyer was on the radio today. I think Hendricks is going to start game one from the way he was talking.

Hendricks, Q, Lester, Arietta

or

Hendricks, Lester, Q, Arietta

But he was saying based on performance is how the rotation will shake out. It also sounds like Arietta is more hurt than the team might be letting on I don't think he goes before Lester.

Perfect scenario is the Cubs win the NLDS in 3 and let Arietta rest for the NLCS but this is highly unlikely scenario. Expecting the series to go 5.

First step of success for the Cards is getting rid of this guy:

arlegVP.jpg

I'm not going to complain though if the Cards keep him as manager.

Your second scenario sounds about right.

Cubs win again and at 91 wins. Pretty damn impressive. I didn't expect 90 at the ASB.

Rain is leaking through the roof of Marlins Park. It's being discovered the roof was damaged during Hurricane Irma.

Have fun fixing that, Jeter.

Beckx

So how's this for weird stats:

Two days ago the Tokyo Giants hit their 10,000th HR.

Yesterday, the 100,000 HR in NPB history was hit (Giants did not play yesterday).

So right now, Sadaharu Oh accounts for 8.68% of Giants HRs and 0.868% of all NPB HRs.

Malo

Banned
Jon Heyman

jeter/marlins have not contacted yanks about denbo or hendry yet. but denbo's contract is up, & he's expected to go.

Jeter is now the enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom