• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
Pirates farm system isn't a bare closet anymore.
It's not, but the royals had the best farm system last year and a top ten system this year even after graduating, Homser and Moustakas.

That's not say to the pirates don't have good young talent which they do. Really looking forward to to seeing how it plays out for both teams.

jakncoke

Banned
It's not, but the royals had the best farm system last year and a top ten system this year even after graduating, Homser and Moustakas.

That's not say the pirates don't have good young talent which they do. Really looking forward to to seeing how it plays out for both teams.

Well im sure it wont for the Pirates, cause shit always go south for us. But damned it'd feel good to be able to say im a Pirates fan without feeling shamed or laughed at.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think Wedge batting Ichiro third is a masterstroke of genius. Should certainly stir up some ticket purchases by curious fans beaten down by years of mediocrity.

actually, Ichiro hitting 3rd is not some new concept, it's been toyed with for seasons... I thought it should have happened when we got Figgins...
Nobody will be laughing at Wedge when Ichiro hits 50 homers this year. It's happening.
I don't think 20 is unbelievable tho..
Did someone report that Ichiro is in the best shape of his life? If so, I'll totally believe your prediction.

if you ever seen the Ro in BP you'd think it's possible

Doytch

Listening to KLaw's appearance on TSN Radio today, the host actually used the term "back catcher".

Ugh.

Eh, Zaun thinks our farm system is shit so it's not like the FAN is that much better. It's kind of a wasteland outside of blogs and the occasional Blair/griff-that-isn't-drunk article.

Speaking or not drunk, thank you iPhone.

I will ask again:

since I live in Venezuela and have never been to new york, do your ecomend me to buy tickets online (stubhub) or buy at the stadium?

Mets or Yankees?

If Mets, they'll be giving tickets away at the stadium this year, so unless you plan on going for Opening Day or for Subway Series, better at the stadium.

There won't be as much supply on stubhub this year because many people are not renewing their season tickets. You can always use the official website, however there are a bunch of bullshit charges they add.

Buster Olney saying that it looks like the playoffs will be expanded for this season. Selig gets his way. fuck logistics and the schedule and all that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Listening to KLaw's appearance on TSN Radio today, the host actually used the term "back catcher".

Ugh.

When I was a kid I thought it was called a "bat catcher". I came up with the reason for this being they would catch the bat if the batter accidentally let go of it.

If the rules are changed for this year they would have to patch it. It would be stupid to have this game with so much attention to detail in it and have the wrong playoff rules.

RBH

Kinda amazes me that we're nearly a month away from Opening Day and the playoff format for this season still hasn't been finalized.

Sanjuro

Buster Olney saying that it looks like the playoffs will be expanded for this season. Selig gets his way. fuck logistics and the schedule and all that.

0YCA5.gif

eznark

Banned
Aoki press conference is about to start. I can't believe they are making him talk to the press. What a racist organization.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
What brands of beer and chicken were the Boston pitchers consuming? Anybody know or was that detail not disclosed?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Of course Popeyes > KFC.

Any Not-Hall or Baseball history nerds around? Here's a project that includes Joe Posnanski, Rob Neyer, Jeff Passan, Old Hoss Radbourn, and a bunch of saber writers from FG/BP/BTB...yeah. It's huge. Check it out:

The Hall of Very Good is an ebook meant to celebrate the careers of those who are not celebrated. It's not a book meant to reopen arguments about who does and does not deserve Hall of Fame enshrinement; rather, it's meant to remember those who, failing entrance into Cooperstown, will unfairly be lost to history. It's for the players we grew up rooting for, the ones whose best years led to flags and memories that will fly together forever. Players like Bret Saberhagen, Will Clark, Dwight Evans, Tim Salmon, Wilbur Wood, Orel Hershiser, and literally hundreds of others.

"The Hall of Very Good" is a kickstarter project, meaning it won't happen without some minimum number of pledges. Even if you can't commit, can you show this link to someone that might? Thanks MLBGAF.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skykalkman/hall-of-very-good

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
does wOBA/wRC+ account for SB/CS? like if someone got a single and then stole second so its counted as a double.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
does wOBA/wRC+ account for SB/CS? like if someone got a single and then stole second so its counted as a double.

a1232ca433a820f1dd060f3e289c6b93.png

where:

• NIBB = Non-intentional bases on balls
  • HBP = Hit by pitch
  • 1B = Single
  • RBOE = Reached base on error
  • 2B = Double
  • 3B = Triple
  • HR = Home run
  • PA = Plate appearance

(no)

I really want Vance Worley to be the real deal but I fear what is going to happen to him this season. Unless he can develop another pitch people are going to catch on to his cutter and he's going to be SOL. He seems to have really good command and he is ice cold on the mound, but he does not have a lot of diversity.

Oswalt is gonna get his Clemens on...not bad.

Too bad there won't be a Suzyn Waldman calling the game for the team that wins the Oswalt Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom