• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Unless he gets spooked, quits doing roids, and his production drops.

Yep now he's massively overpaid (he already was before) and will be ridiculously overvalued in drafts now. Brewers are fucked either way.

It is really lame that it got overturned on a technicality. Braun and his handlers can spin this acting like he didn't caught with a positive test and Brewers fans will accept that, but anybody who looks at whats being reported knows thats garbage.

so it WAS herpes. wonder who gave it to him?
RyanBraun_display_image.jpg

Sumbody from the Jersey Shore.

Braun was cleared because it took MLB 48 hours to send his sample to the testing facility. CSN is saying that his side did not dispute the test itself only that they waited to long to ship the sample.

BFIB

This is huge news. A whole new can of worms was opened now.

So he technically failed the test, but won the appeal through the evidence being left for 48 hrs?

Wow, just when MLB couldn't get more egg on their face when it comes to PED's.

eznark

Banned
Lol at people taking that "report" at face value. If it was that simple it wouldn't have taken 6 weeks.

Bunch of Jew haters. So disgusting.

This is huge news. A whole new can of worms was opened now.

So he technically failed the test, but won the appeal through the evidence being left for 48 hrs?

Wow, just when MLB couldn't get more egg on their face when it comes to PED's.

Totally agree, MLB looks so fucking stupid in this. I hope who ever fucked up and didnt get the sample sent out on time is out of a job. They need to test Braun every single day that they can this season.

BFIB

So, whats going to stop the next player who tests positive from giving the same argument?

Somewhere out there, Manny is smiling.

eznark

Banned
So, whats going to stop the next player who tests positive from giving the same argument?

Somewhere out there, Manny is smiling.

If the test is in doubt they should make the same argument. I don't want to give Selig Obama-like powers if indiscriminate detention, personally.

This is a win for truth and a win for liberty!!

eznark I officially welcome you to the Yankee council. you can have a chair between me and captmblack right there, sorry not sure who white but i'll work on that very soon. so just relax and have fun.

BFIB

One good thing to come from this, now there won't be any excuses from Brewers fans when the Cards win the division this year.

JambiBum

So according to the BTN guys, apparently the sample sat in the courier's house for 48 hours because he didn't think that the building he was supposed to deliver it to was going to be open on a Saturday. That's where this whole technicality thing comes from. Also, Braun passed 3 other tests during the year.

I have no idea if a test can become tainted from sitting in someone's house for that long, but because he passed the other tests I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Disagree. He's white and he's "exonerated" now. Although it looks like the media is getting around to the fact he got off on a technicality and wasn't actually innocent, so maybe you're right.

Listen to his public statement. It's too arrogant. It's like "The facts are on my side!" That, in my opinion, will work against him. He's going to hear some shit in Cincy and St. Louis for sure. Then again, he got shit anyway.

The guy who took Braun's sample left it in his fucking refridgerator for 2 days instead of mailing it through FedEx immediately because he thought they closed early on Saturday nights.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, UMAD SELIG?

BFIB

Listen to his public statement. It's too arrogant. It's like "The facts are on my side!" That, in my opinion, will work against him. He's going to hear some shit in Cincy and St. Louis for sure. Then again, he got shit anyway.

Yeah! Us Cardinals fans hate roid users!

BRB, gotta get my McGwire update for the day. Can't wait to see JC Romero throw mid 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom