• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that's where the argument is? If you guys had a deep team, you could be where you were supposed to be... but you aren't. Missing Utley and Howard sucks. I know that. But if you blame your disappointing season on those injuries then you're missing the point. We've missed out on many great players this whole year yet our bench has enough talent to keep up with other major league lineups.

I'm also not saying Utley and Howard are your only guys since Ruiz is a beast of a man and Rollins is handling himself well... but i am saying that without those two guys, you dont have anything to really fit in when they're absent.

We have already seen the Phillies are a terrible team without those guys. They were like 12 or so games under without them. I was not arguing that at all. I was only saying I dont see a huge talent disparity between the teams now. The lineup has been much better the last month and a half, the starters are fantastic now, their top 4 is the best in baseball by far now that Lee is pitching so well and Kendrick is unhittable, their bullpen has been great outside of an occasional meltdown. I really think if they played a whole season with this team they would be challenging the Nats for the division. The Phils have done well against the Nats since they got their team back, we will see how the next 6 games go since both teams have most of their guys now.

Hard to catch up to a team when their worse losing streak this year is 5 games

well done...Hopefully we join you guys in the playoffs via wildcard

Big 4 game set this weekend
If not the wild card then next year. They still haven't meshed. It is asking a lot for those players come in and 60% of the time. But I guess that's why they have the huge contracts.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
wow the braves are finally playing the royals in kansas city next season. 2 gms in june.

harSon

Banned
Rumor is that John Henry is trying to sell the Red Sox.

I wish Nutting would have sold the Pirates to Mark Cuban or Mario Lemieux. We'd actually spend money, and even if it was Cuban, I'd prefer choking in the playoffs every season to continuously never getting there season after season.

eznark

Banned
I wish Nutting would have sold the Pirates to Mark Cuban or Mario Lemieux. We'd actually spend money, and even if it was Cuban, I'd prefer choking in the playoffs every season to continuously never getting there season after season.

By tomorrow night you'll be a half game behind the Brewers.

Let me taste your tears.

Let me taste your tears.

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

harSon

Banned

Let me taste your tears.

I honestly don't care anymore. I was an infant the last time this team had a winning record, so I'm not exactly conditioned to excellence.

This is just another losing season to me, one that took longer than usual to solidify. As always, I'll hope that our minor league players pan out, and pray that our owners spend some money in the off season. Probably to no avail, as always.

eznark

Banned
While definitely wishing to get back to the playoffs, I have enjoyed coming back to GAF to see you mercilessly troll Pirates-GAF every time we gain a game on them.

3 games is still a lot to make up, a half game though? That is exciting! One step at a time. First it was .500, next is the Pirates, next is the Wild Card and by 9/30? The Reds!

Let me taste your tears.

Pirates are gonna be tied with the Phils after tonight. After all the shit jnc talked about the Phillies earlier in the year he is going to get killed if he every comes back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom