• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

really depending on how the last starts go for people it could be felix, verlander, price, sale or weaver. I mean Weaver is winning in WHIP and is second in ERA he shouldn't be ignored either.

and between those 5 I can't really say for certain which one should be the cy young. It easily could change with their last 2-3 starts.

edit: YES lead off double, come on indians blown save for valverde!!!!!
The big thing that Felix/Verlander have over Weaver/Sale/Price is the IP. 212.2/217.1 vs. 167.1/175/187.2 respectively. Price is closer, but the value of the nearly 50+ extra innings is just too great. Definitely Felix/Verlander should be at the head of the pack.

Edit: Windu, if they're that close, I'd be OK with letting the perfect game narrative give Felix the edge.

zulux21

if nothing else the close to the tigers game is fun... that ball couldn't have been foul by more than a single CM even in the replays it looked like it knicked the foul line @_@

The big thing that Felix/Verlander have over Weaver/Sale/Price is the IP. 212.2/217.1 vs. 167.1/175/187.2 respectively. Price is closer, but the value of the nearly 50+ extra innings is just too great. Definitely Felix/Verlander should be at the head of the pack.

Edit: Windu, if they're that close, I'd be OK with letting the perfect game narrative give Felix the edge.

I wouldn't mind it going to felix, and despite being a white sox fan I don't feel sale is the cy young winner this year unless his last two starts are no hitters :p
Sale still makes me happy though as he is young and looks like a solid pitcher. he can just win the cy young next year

YES BLOWN SAVE!!!!!
RUNNER ON THIRD WITH JUST 1 OUT COME ON INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zulux21

Always love seeing a Valverde BS.

I love watching valverde pitch in general. Heck I have watched him save a ton of games just because they are exciting (I watched the tigers saves at the end of last year just because they tend to be fun lol)
I never ever ever ever ever ever want him to be my closer though, I would lose years off my life lol

edit: so they walk the bases loaded lets see how this turns out

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Lol. I'm officially done with baseball this season. Later y'all.
gHkE2.png

zulux21

INDAINS WIN INDIANS WIN WALK OFF WALK OFF!!!!!!
white sox lead by 2 games now and the tigers morale has to be hurting after this one, hopefully they don't play as well tomorrow and the white sox can take a 3 game lead ^_^

Not using a 5 man infield either? Awful.

Edit: Not that it mattered.

nope not at all he got more than enough of that one to get the run in even if it was caught.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So at best we force extras (which is virtually an automatic loss for this team)? This offense has struggled so much down the stretch this season.

We are only decent at getting big chunks early on. I hate whenever we go into extras, it's like we try our hardest to become extraordinary average once the innings hits double digits. It is nice to see Wainwright pitching well, hopefully Carp will be the little push we need to get a gap on the Wild Card.

Macattk15

really depending on how the last starts go for people it could be felix, verlander, price, sale or weaver. I mean Weaver is winning in WHIP and is second in ERA he shouldn't be ignored either.

and between those 5 I can't really say for certain which one should be the cy young. It easily could change with their last 2-3 starts.

edit: YES lead off double, come on indians blown save for valverde!!!!!

Both Price and Weaver are SO far behind in IP it's not even funny though.

Like 6 complete games worth of innings ... Weaver moreso.

cashman

Banned
Nice win!

Alright keeping up with playoff eliminations:

The Phillies were eliminated from the NL East earlier today.

The Red Sox were eliminated from the AL East earlier today.

The Mariners were eliminated from the AL West with that loss.

The Rockies will be eliminated from the NL Wildcard with either their loss or the conclusion of the STL-LAD game.

rando14

Nice win!

The Rockies will be eliminated from the NL Wildcard with either their loss or the conclusion of the STL-LAD game.

nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo :-(

Fenix

Nice win!

Always nice to eliminate someone from something.

Windu

About 20 close up zoom ins of chipper sitting on the bench, and its only the 3rd inning. Espn going for the record.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note The Ted is to big seating wise. Wish they could take seats out as crazy as that sounds. It seats like 10k more than needed, and about that many more than most other stadiums.

Windu

On a side note The Ted is to big seating wise. Wish they could take seats out as crazy as that sounds. It seats like 10k more than needed, and about that many more than most other stadiums.
Yeah its one of the biggest ones. Blame the olympics i guess.

I dont mind it though, means there will always (most likely) be a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom