• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shpport the beaning. And yes it was intentional....look at the body language.

Troy's primadonna ass needed to be hit. Learn to keep your mouth shut. There is much negative history between the two...how did you not know this?
... I'm talking about post-trade that sustained through Spring Training.

Primadonna ass? Ok. sure.

clemenx

Banned
How is Tulo a primadonna? He was simply responding to Ubaldo talking badly about the Rockies out of nowhere months after the trade.

Talon

I'm going to assume Jim Tracy is in the wrong here. Mostly because Manny Acta seems like the friendliest person in baseball.

I'm going to assume Jim Tracy is in the wrong here. Mostly because Manny Acta seems like the friendliest person in baseball.

On a local spring training show here Manny said "ubaldo is rightfully upset about his departure from the rockies not being a topic to be discussed in the media. especially for a guy who got up everyday and walked to the park due to love of his team. I told him to focus on this season"

shit was foretold.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Video of the Tulo/Ubaldo incident.

Also AnEternalEnigma just PMed me, his ban is lifted on May 1.

Jesus...
goddamn. anyway, just another reason to use the irc channel:
MLB-Age on IRC

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: Colloquy, Linkinus
UNIVERSAL: mibbit.com

Mibbit Link: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-age&server=irc.wiicafe.com

Hopefully this catches on more this season. Simply save channel as an auto login. Leave in the background on computer. Great for shooting the shit during those big or late games.
started using Trillian as a client. Works great. (was using it as my messaging client before, forgot it had irc capabilities).

1 month for what? good god.
During Wrestlemania he got caught asking for a stream, I need to see his exact post because usually no one in that thread uses that word.

Also, Tulo came right towards Jimenez at virtually the same time and did scream at him. It just doesn't scream blatant, Ubaldo is nuts himself.

During Wrestlemania he got caught asking for a stream, I need to see his exact post because usually no one in that thread uses that word.

Also, Tulo came right towards Jimenez at virtually the same time and did scream at him. It just doesn't scream blatant, Ubaldo is nuts himself.

that is such bullshit, yesterday during the toonami thread half the post were asking for a stream and they were giving out the justin.tv link.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Toonami isn't a ppv event though. Streams for regular tv shows and channels are fine, where as any ppv streams are frowned upon.
you still have to pay to view Toonami though, so i don't see the difference.

that is such bullshit, yesterday during the toonami thread half the post were asking for a stream and they were giving out the justin.tv link.
My ban earlier in the year was due to telling people to use Google and the name of a site. Never even posted a link myself.
you still have to pay to view Toonami though, so i don't see the difference.
Not to mention that the TOONAMI streams included shows [as] doesn't own the licenses to now....

Guys, guys, now we're making too much sense. I think need to discuss xFIP, how fat Prince Fielder is, what Reds GIFs will vas_a_morir will come up with, how much of a diva Troy Tulowitzki is (or not), and mindlessly troll Oliver Perez for no reason before people upstairs decide we need some time off.

Enron

Banned
Pirating a stream, might as well be asking for torrents. Same deal. I can understand that ban and I hope EnternalEnigma does too. I mean, wrassleGAF even has a code word for it. They know it's against the rules!

eznark

Banned
My only problem with the beaning is that it was clearly an issue between the two players. It wasn't a team thing, Jiminez wasn't retaliating for a prior beaning. As such, baseball etiquette calls for the catcher to get the fuck out of the way and let the two men settle it in the girl-fight way that baseball players do. Marson was the only one who did anything wrong (and the speed with which he did so makes it clear the pitch was intentional).

That said, Jim Tracy is a fucking idiot.

eznark

Banned
If you didn't call for Zito's suspension after he drilled Prince in Spring Training 2010 over a grudge from the last series in 2009, you shouldn't be calling for a suspension now.

eznark

Banned

Not at all. I certainly wasn't bitching about it. Just like Tulo, Prince earned a plunking. Welcome to baseball. No one should be reprimanded for this.

Only reason I used that example is because I can't recall any other intentionals in Spring ball.

Sanjuro

I hope Enigma's ban is extended for illegally broadcasting MLB2K without written consent of Major League Baseball.

Yeah, apparently he does and is off to San Antonio to get it looked at. Looking like Aceves might start for him.

Starting out so well

eznark

Banned
Hey you saw the WAR projections for the Reds rotation. It's total mediocre garbage. Chapman was the one guy who could have changed that.

The quicker he is in the rotation the quicker he can have Tommy John surgery, so I see why it makes sense. Get it out of the way.

My favorite part of Baker's reasoning is that it sounds like they are going to use Chapman as a LOOGY. Hilarious!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So why did the Marlins become the Miami Marlins? Sounds horrible.

I suppose the rationale is that changing the team name to match the city will create more interest from the people within the community to show up to their games.

In reality it really doesn't matter, nobody is showing up anyway. Florida sports fans generally suck.

eznark

Banned
So why did the Marlins become the Miami Marlins? Sounds horrible.

I suppose the rationale is that changing the team name to match the city will create more interest from the people within the community to show up to their games.

In reality it really doesn't matter, nobody is showing up anyway. Florida sports fans generally suck.

I actually think it was related to the funding of the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom