• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blearth

Banned
BRAUNTOFUCKINGSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barry-bonds.jpg

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Update to my last fact: There are now currently 248 players in baseball with more home runs this season than Albert Pujols.

RBH

HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball is working on a scheduling reconfiguration for the 2013 season and beyond that likely will eliminate the Mets and Yankees as well as other "natural rivals" playing home-and-home, six-game series annually, baseball sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

With the Houston Astros moving to the American League West next season and the leagues becoming balanced at 15 teams apiece, natural rivals throughout baseball no longer will be guaranteed six games a season and home-and-home series, the sources said.

That goes for obvious intracity rivals such as Mets-Yankees and Cubs-White Sox, as well as for more-forced natural rivals such as the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners.

The Mets and Yankees will continue to play six games a season -- three apiece at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium -- when the AL East and NL East line up for long-form interleague play every three years.

But in the other seasons, a major league source added, the competition likely will be limited to three games at one ballpark, or two games apiece at each ballpark.

Sources cautioned that the 2013 Major League Baseball schedule, and the precise new configurations, are still being discussed.

The Mets and Yankees annually have played three games apiece in the Bronx and Queens since 1999.

The rivalry typically has been a boon to attendance while also increasing the toughness of the New York teams' schedules relative to their division rivals.

While it increased the difficulty of the Mets' schedule, the Yankees annually playing three games a season at Citi Field has provided a boost to attendance and revenue.

The nine largest crowds at Citi Field during the first three seasons of the stadium's existence were the Yankees' nine visits to Queens -- an average of 41,513 tickets sold per game.

Since interleague play began in 1997, the Mets are 35-49 against the Yankees.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...lry-series-including-mets-yankees-sources-say

Jon

Time for the Phillies to test their mettle against the Atlanta Braves! Cannot wait to see how we match up against the NL's best offense!

(This could be ugly)

sangreal

Finally got around to buying MLB.TV Premium package. Only for one month though. Want to see how long my interest will hold up.

Did the same thing the other night. I've actually been enjoying it for the archives more than anything. I dig watching the different calls

jakncoke

Banned
Stupid work causing me to miss 1 of the 3 games we're ever going to score 9 runs this season.

The wait of 22 games to score more than five runs is the longest streak since the 1972 Milwaukee Brewers went a major league-record 31 games into the season without surpassing five runs, according STATS LLC. The last National League team with a longer streak was the 1919 Boston Braves, who went an NL-record 23 games into the season without topping five runs.

Sanjuro

If we let Aaron Cook go, basically the Yankees sign him the very next day. Yet, I still feel like they're going to let him go.

Jose Bautista ‏ @JoeyBats19
I wonder how many of the same people who are bashing me now will be my #TwitterBuddies later? #MuchoLove Thanks real fans for the support

Jose needs to get off the twitters and back in the batting cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom