• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i wonder if the same people complaining also complain about ESPN radio since they talk about more than NY sports.

Meier

Sucks that the Magic changeover has to wait another month. Hard to get super excited about the Dodgers team this year as we really shouldn't be very good.

Today...I am a Marlins fan.

homerun-o.gif

Malo

Banned
Yanks have traded for Giants backup catcher Chris Stewart for pitcher George Kontos. Cervelli was demoted to Triple A.
That's certainly surprising. I guess Romine might be the back-up catcher when he comes back from injury.

Also yay beisbol tonight!

Jon

I am finishing up my business trip in the suburbs of Atlanta tomorrow and am going to miss the Phillies game due to my flight! Sigh...if they could have only played a night game. My ESPN is broken at the hotel, so I might end up missing tonight's game as well. But hey, happy Opening Day to everyone here, and I wish all your teams the best of luck in the upcoming season. Even you, JNC and Jangocube.

P.S. - RBH (and Windu?--not sure if you actually live in ATL, I seem to remember otherwise), but it's pretty nice down here. The airport is pretty insane, but I knew that going in.

cashman

Banned
Sucks that the Magic changeover has to wait another month. Hard to get super excited about the Dodgers team this year as we really shouldn't be very good.

Don't worry when we were "sold" to greenburg back in March of 2010, it only took until August to get the sale finalized.

I am finishing up my business trip in the suburbs of Atlanta tomorrow and am going to miss the Phillies game due to my flight! Sigh...if they could have only played a night game. My ESPN is broken at the hotel, so I might end up missing tonight's game as well. But hey, happy Opening Day to everyone here, and I wish all your teams the best of luck in the upcoming season. Even you, JNC and Jangocube.

P.S. - RBH (and Windu?--not sure if you actually live in ATL, I seem to remember otherwise), but it's pretty nice down here. The airport is pretty insane, but I knew that going in.

Yeah Atlanta is very pretty. Lot's of trees and hills.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It was the same when Detroid traded for Miggy. I remember the "best offense ever" articles lolol.

That said, everyone else on the central is too bad for them to fail spectacularly, I'd be surprised if they don't get the division.
Yeah, it feels a lot like that season. The rest of the division is pretty bad, for sure, and I think in the end the Tigers will likely win the division. I just don't think it's the foregone conclusion many of the experts do. If things break right I think pretty much any team could win that division.

Blackace said:
Hit it to 3rd! It's going to be the best new sports tactic since Hack-A-Shaq
And if Miggy can't corral it, _elmon Young gets to deal with it in left. Not that the right field line is going to be a whole lot better with Prince & Boesch.

Windu

yep, don't live there. You can use Marta and connecting buses to get to turner if you want, no games till the 13th though.

edit: although i don't think the buses to turner run when there is no game.

Windu

well if that sim is to be believed the cardinals will tie the game in the 8th off johnson with a 2 run HR and then score 4 runs in the 9th while watching the marlins walk in the go ahead run.

Malo

Banned
fangraphs org rankings

30. Orioles
29. Astros
28. A's
27. Pirates
26. Padres
25. Twins
24. White Sox
23. Mariners
22. Royals
21. Indians
20. Mets
19. Dodgers
18. Rockies
17. Marlins
16. Diamondbacks
15. Reds
14. Cubs
13. Brewers
12. Giants
11. Nationals
10. Rays
09. Blue Jays
08. Braves
07. Tigers

who will be cursed?
I'm going with the Phillies.

jman2050

Red Sox in the number 6 spot would be pretty hilarious, but I can't imagine the Phillies would be ranked any higher than them under their system. Phillies sounds like the perfect candidate.

Enron

Banned

I think i'm the only Braves fan in this thread that lives in ATL. It's somewhat nice down here I guess. Nice weather, lots of trees and shit, but I've always thought that Atlanta kinda lacks the cool stuff that other major cities have.

Russell Westbrook does not approve?

cashman

Banned
I think i'm the only Braves fan in this thread that lives in ATL. It's somewhat nice down here I guess. Nice weather, lots of trees and shit, but I've always thought that Atlanta kinda lacks the cool stuff that other major cities have.

better than dallas...

Enron

Banned
better than dallas...

Not really. Dallas is the only other place i've ever lived, and it's got more personality and stuff to do than Atlanta does. I see where you are coming from, though. It's not like Dallas is Chicago or NYC. Atlanta is almost like a Dallas Jr....

cashman

Banned
Real baseball only moments away!

Not really. Dallas is the only other place i've ever lived, and it's got more personality and stuff to do than Atlanta does. I see where you are coming from, though. It's not like Dallas is Chicago or NYC. Atlanta is almost like a Dallas Jr....

I'm in a boring suburb, so I guess that also changes my perspective

TheNatural

My Member!
Well may as well kick off the hackiest logo, team name, and stadium with the hackiest national anthem. Dude sounds like my 3 year old nephew strumming on his kid guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom