• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Are you just looking for ways to get depressed?

Hey our 125 runs this season is only 13th worst! With a bunch of games to go! ofc 1-12 all were 1800 seasons. I was about to say at least we wont score the least in modern baseball. The 1981 Blue Jays scored 329 in 1981, then realized that was a strike season

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posey's career slugging percentage at Miller Park has got to be at least 2.000

Jesus Christ

posey-home-run.gif

tc farks

I haven't been around for a while, been real busy. But much to my delight the Cubs are kicking ass in the Fecal League Standings and have taken a percentage points lead over the Twins and Rockies. The #1 pick is yours boys, don't fuck it up.

eznark

Banned
How do you guys put up with the SF tv guys? Holy shit they are the whiniest babies in the world. "These angles are so bad, wah wah wah, I can't see the corner"

Romero needs to get his shit together. Getting tired of him walking at least a batter an inning. Just throw it over the place. I'd rather they homer off him than walking a bunch.

Jon Niese is going to cut the ump after the game. It's been awhile since I've seen a Mets pitcher bend down and scream "fuck!" into his glove immediately after a bad call.

eznark

Banned
You guys realize the play by play announcers are actually in the ballpark and not exclusively watching the game on TV right?

eznark

Banned
They rely on that shot for calls, considering most press boxes are behind the plate.

They were complaining about not being able to see into the right field corner on a foul ball. It has quite literally nothing to do with the home plate camera angle (which is really terrible in MP).

They were complaining about not being able to see into the right field corner on a foul ball. It has quite literally nothing to do with the home plate camera angle (which is really terrible in MP).
Alrighty, I wasn't watching the game so I had no idea what "corner" your post referred to. Hence, my question mark.

He struck him out! And the ballgame is over!

Frankie K's Barajas to preserve the win for Niese! Mets take 2 of 3 against the Pirates, Niese bounces back from a terrible outing and gets his 3rd win, and HOLY FUCK another 1-2-3 save for Frank "Mr. Glib" Francisco.

Mets continue their "21 Days of Hell" trip and come home for 11 games, but first 4 vs. the Pods.

zulux21

heh Scott Podsednik already has more homeruns this year with the red sox then he had in his first season with the white sox back in 2005. Not bad for a 36 year old who didn't see play in the majors last season (and if I recall right wasn't injured)

Boss calls me into a meeting and E-carn hits a two-run homer.

Jays will still lose this. I'm not confident against the Devil Rays at all.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Selig says additional replay not needed right now:

DE PERE, Wis. -- Baseball commissioner Bud Selig says he doesn't think more video review of umpires' calls is needed, at least not right now.

Selig spoke to a small group Wednesday at a sport and society conference at St. Norbert College.

Previously reluctant to add replay, Selig instituted it in August 2008 for boundary calls on potential home runs, such as whether balls went over the fence or were fair.

MLB sought to increase video review this season to include trapped balls, fair-or-foul rulings down the lines and fan interference all over the ballpark. But it requires approval of MLB and the unions representing the umpires and the players, and any expansion was delayed until 2013 at the earliest.

"I've had very, very little pressure from people who want to do more," Selig said.

Selig indicated adding replay for balls hit down the line -- "bullets, as I call 'em" -- and trapped balls may be ahead.

Selig again repeated his oft-spoken -- and oft-ignored -- intention to retire. Selig, who turns 78 in July, has been commissioner since 1992. His term was extended again in January through 2014.

Though virtually no one in baseball believes him, Selig says this is his last extension.

"Number one, I'd have to convince my wife, and number two, I do want to teach," he said. "That'll take me to age 80. I would think then you better send somebody to get me because this is it. I will say that."

If he stays until September 2016, he would surpass Kenesaw Mountain Landis (1920-44) as the longest-serving baseball commissioner.

Selig has been teaching sports law at Marquette University Law School in his native Milwaukee the last four years. He hopes to teach a course on sports in American society at University of Wisconsin in Madison next year.

Selig said MLB will have revenue of $7.5 billion this year, dwarfing the $1.2 billion when he took over as acting commissioner.

He was looking forward to Wednesday night's matchup between Philadelphia and Washington.

Cole Hamels is scheduled to make the start for the Phillies against teenage rookie Bryce Harper and the NL East-leading Nationals. Hamels drew a five-game suspension for deliberately hitting Harper with a pitch on May 6.

"I think it's going to be very interesting when Harper comes up (to bat)," said Selig, eliciting laughter from his audience at the college.

Selig then referenced Hamels' postgame admission of intentionally plunking Harper.

"Sometimes, some things are better unsaid," Selig said. "But I have to let that thing play out. I think the discipline was fair. I think we handled it well. Cole Hamels has been great since then. Harper's been good. Both clubs have been good. I didn't hear from either club."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom