• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Rommel

Holy crap... it happened...

ABRpsLD.jpg

Holy crap... it happened...

ABRpsLD.jpg

Dude

I have so many things to say to you right now

I mean wow the game is literally giving you the most expensive cards in a gift basket

like what the actual fuck man

lmao I see you on reddit also. god damn it you have to break my heart in two different places!!!

Rommel

Dude

I have so many things to say to you right now

I mean wow the game is literally giving you the most expensive cards in a gift basket

like what the actual fuck man

The fruits of my Kimbrel investment. Splurged and bought a 50 pack because I obviously like throwing money away.

lmao I see you on reddit also. god damn it you have to break my heart in two different places!!!

I aim to please :)

So yeah I'm absolutely convinced that dudes like Rommel and others were just blessed with better pack odds from the get go

I see the same people in other forums constantly posting "OMG look at this pull" and someone I know opens packs at the same time as me, he gets diamonds left and right and all I get is trash :(

So yeah I'm absolutely convinced that dudes like Rommel and others were just blessed with better pack odds from the get go

I see the same people in other forums constantly posting "OMG look at this pull" and someone I know opens packs at the same time as me, he gets diamonds left and right and all I get is trash :(

That was me last year. This year, I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I've packed Harper, Betts, Miller and countless golds and diamond equipment. It's crazy.

dragoncdf

commentary in rtts is buggy. i did a starting pitcher and a number of time was call left handed when my pitcher was right handed. then facing the indians who are in first in another division they show the standing and say the indians are way out of first place. also yesterday i was playing a game and they called it a dry summer night when it was raining. almost forgot a ground out the commentary called a hit but the actual play was an out.

Rommel

Finished conquest finally. You'll be happy to know I got zilch out of the packs. Bought the breakout Goldy and the dude flat rakes.

Rommel

I now understand how Warren Spahn was so good. The batter fell asleep during his windup. I almost started walking batters just to get him to pitch from the stretch. Yeash.

Somebody on reddit pulled a Trout and Cabrera in the same pack

I mean what do I do after that?
Spent all day selling scraps to keep having enough to keep buying packs. I would get shit like Marte, Stanton, Keuchel, really good golds, enough to keep me going. But no diamonds at all in the end, unless you count a bat grip and old shea stadium :(

ukas

Somebody on reddit pulled a Trout and Cabrera in the same pack

I mean what do I do after that?
Spent all day selling scraps to keep having enough to keep buying packs. I would get shit like Marte, Stanton, Keuchel, really good golds, enough to keep me going. But no diamonds at all in the end, unless you count a bat grip and old shea stadium :(

I feel you. The only diamond I have so far is a pair of cleats.

I dont have enough money to buy '17 at the moment, but i wanna get into baseball games. Is the show '15 a competent enough baseball game for the ps4 that i could play in preparation for when i buy '17?

oatmeal

Banned
I dont have enough money to buy '17 at the moment, but i wanna get into baseball games. Is the show '15 a competent enough baseball game for the ps4 that i could play in preparation for when i buy '17?
Yes

You can download the rosters from operation sports I imagine

Rommel

I want to throw my monitor out the window

To be fair I did open up another 100 packs yesterday with only a jock strap diamond. Fortunately I had enough decent golds in there to only be down about 20k stubs after it was all said and done.

I just bought the breakout Cal and he just rakes. Had a 6 HR inning earlier today against Carrasco while working on the Indians team epic, 5 of them back to back.

To be fair I did open up another 100 packs yesterday with only a jock strap diamond. Fortunately I had enough decent golds in there to only be down about 20k stubs after it was all said and done.

I just bought the breakout Cal and he just rakes. Had a 6 HR inning earlier today against Carrasco while working on the Indians team epic, 5 of them back to back.

No it's not fair lol. I've opened hundred(s) of packs the past few days

Rommel

Got breakout Nolan Ryan yesterday and in 3 games with him I'm running an 18k per 9 innings pitched. Guy is just filthy, but very hard to control where his pitches go. Almost impossible to work the corners with him but he us effectively wild within the zone as long as you start most pitches fairly center.

Thing I'm happiest about yesterday though is finishing that damn rookie Griffey first game. I drew a walk in the first inning and was sweating bullets trying to get the double and a run which I finally got in the 8th after stretching a single into a double with a dodge slide.

ukas

Got breakout Nolan Ryan yesterday and in 3 games with him I'm running an 18k per 9 innings pitched. Guy is just filthy, but very hard to control where his pitches go. Almost impossible to work the corners with him but he us effectively wild within the zone as long as you start most pitches fairly center.

Thing I'm happiest about yesterday though is finishing that damn rookie Griffey first game. I drew a walk in the first inning and was sweating bullets trying to get the double and a run which I finally got in the 8th after stretching a single into a double with a dodge slide.

Ugh, any mission with a walk in it is a pain in the ass. I finally got around to finishing up the Chipper Jones program yesterday and almost gave up with all of my rookie scrubs playing against golds and diamonds. Online missions needs some offline equivalent especially if you're not working on them from day one.

Rommel

Ugh, any mission with a walk in it is a pain in the ass. I finally got around to finishing up the Chipper Jones program yesterday and almost gave up with all of my rookie scrubs playing against golds and diamonds. Online missions needs some offline equivalent especially if you're not working on them from day one.

I'm really dreading starting doing online play. Every game I've played has been laggy as hell and almost unplayable. And I have a 1 gig fiber connection too. 50 wins in ranked/BR and Events sound horrible :( I'm beefing my team up through team epics before I even start because I admittedly suck at online play and need every edge I can get.

I'm really dreading starting doing online play. Every game I've played has been laggy as hell and almost unplayable. And I have a 1 gig fiber connection too. 50 wins in ranked/BR and Events sound horrible :( I'm beefing my team up through team epics before I even start because I admittedly suck at online play and need every edge I can get.
I gotta admit now when I see you're the latest post in this thread, I prepare myself to be pissed at your luck, lol

Rommel

I gotta admit now when I see you're the latest post in this thread, I prepare myself to be pissed at your luck, lol

Luck hasn't been as good lately. Best I've gotten in the last 150 packs is an Air Metal Griffey with a couple other diamond pieces of equipment. I need to stop opening packs now, better to just let my investments play out and just finish collections. Knocking them down as soon as I can finish off team epics.

Luck hasn't been as good lately. Best I've gotten in the last 150 packs is an Air Metal Griffey with a couple other diamond pieces of equipment. I need to stop opening packs now, better to just let my investments play out and just finish collections. Knocking them down as soon as I can finish off team epics.

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat, but I feel the need to buy packs cause what I want is too far away lol. I don't really care to have the top tier diamonds like Trout/Harper, mostly just focused on winning BR/Events and I'm going to start playing ranked soon. Most of the collections are too expensive, or the reward isn't that worth it, but there's a few where I'm just one diamond away from completion.

Rommel

I lucked out with some of the most expensive collections by drawing Diamonds. Off the top of my head I've drawn the following:

Mike Trout
Bryce Harper
Clayton Kershaw x2
Zach Britton
Jon Lester
Kris Bryant
Jake Arrieta
Johnny Cueto
Francisco Lindor
Yoenis Cespedes
Daniel Murphy (was gold at the time so hard to count)
Craig Kimbrel (same)
Mookie Betts
Nolan Arenado
Joey Votto x2
Freddie Freeman (both as gold and one as a diamond)
Miguel Cabrera x2
Aroldis Chapman

These are the diamonds I've packed this year, although I've lost count of how many packs I've opened

Britton
Jansen
Cabrera x2
Cueto

....................................yeah

Trying to own events the next few days, but I'm getting fucked with no vaseline in some of these. Lost a game where this dude just kept hitting bloop singles and all my shit would go to the warning track :(

ukas

These are the diamonds I've packed this year, although I've lost count of how many packs I've opened

Britton
Jansen
Cabrera x2
Cueto

....................................yeah

Trying to own events the next few days, but I'm getting fucked with no vaseline in some of these. Lost a game where this dude just kept hitting bloop singles and all my shit would go to the warning track :(

I'll one up you. Mine? A pair of cleats.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The only diamond I have pulled has been syndergaard and I've opened like 150 packs at this point. Have a bunch more thanks to missions though. I refuse to ever put money into stubs or packs because the odds of getting relevant at all for your dollar seem bad even for gacha standards

I can't even

I got that throwback Killebrew from events which I sold which got me a Posey diamond bat which got me a Yelich which got me nothing

Fuck

sh1fty

I'm at about 200 packs in total I'd say this season... with my diamond pulls being Mookie Betts, Stephen Strasburg and the Griffey cleats. Sold all 3 and currently have Zack Greinke, Dallas Keuchel, Nelson Cruz and Justin Turner on my roster, hoping they turn into diamonds one day.

I've only spent an extra $20 USD on packs so far, and I'm seriously considering putting another $20 in just to buy Freddie Freeman. He's about 39K stubs right now and I really want a good left handed bat at 1B (currently trying 80 Willie McCovey from the Padres collection)

I'm at about 200 packs in total I'd say this season... with my diamond pulls being Mookie Betts, Stephen Strasburg and the Griffey cleats. Sold all 3 and currently have Zack Greinke, Dallas Keuchel, Nelson Cruz and Justin Turner on my roster, hoping they turn into diamonds one day.

I've only spent an extra $20 USD on packs so far, and I'm seriously considering putting another $20 in just to buy Freddie Freeman. He's about 39K stubs right now and I really want a good left handed bat at 1B (currently trying 80 Willie McCovey from the Padres collection)

No don't give these crooks your money

Trust me. Not worth it
unless you're lucky ass Rommel.
99% guaranteed you will end in disappointment (I'm actually not exaggerating with that number)

I had about 80 plate appearances with the 94 Ripken and I hated him. So, to shake things up, I moved Seager back to SS. Sold Ripken and the 97 Goldy and bought Votto and Aranado. Now running 4 righties and 4 lefties in my lineup. Big risk selling flashback for Live Series but my kid is due June 11 and I doubt I'll play the game as much anyways after that.

I had about 80 plate appearances with the 94 Ripken and I hated him. So, to shake things up, I moved Seager back to SS. Sold Ripken and the 97 Goldy and bought Votto and Aranado. Now running 4 righties and 4 lefties in my lineup. Big risk selling flashback for Live Series but my kid is due June 11 and I doubt I'll play the game as much anyways after that.
Congrats!

I'll happily take your spare cards off your hands....
If only did I have the funds. Lol

Top Bottom