• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

dem

Bisping is a TOUGH fight for GSP imo.

They are feeding Bisping a money fight he can win to add to his run...

Silva, Henderson, GSP... its like the the UFC Senior league. Looks great on his resume.

Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, and Mousasi (Cant believe they let him walk) would all be favourites over Bisping.

I really don't think we're going to get a hungry Rush. We saw "safety first" GSP for years and now we'll get "last chance to cash in" GSP. The saving grace will be that Bisping always makes it a fight. I think we may get to see GSP get ko'd again.

ApharmdX

Banned
DC saying he wants a third with Jones.

Please retire or go to heavyweight, sir.

DC should just retire. He's had a great career and became champion, even though he started in MMA late. He's also got a great gig as a broadcaster and is actually very engaging... no sense in losing brain cells when you're already rich and have lots of opportunities. Oh and Cormier has coaching too. So yeah, he's set.

Much as Cain fights better the closer he gets to sea level, Georges fights better the closer he gets to his dark place. Give that man an iPhone full of death metal and true crime podcasts and he'll finish Bisping for sure.

iddqd

Lee with the lucky ticket, I also think he has a good shot here. Anyone actually thinking that the winner gets to fight Connor?

Ferguson beats Lee. Conor will be stripped of his lw belt because he decides to fight next year.

Finally Ferguson/Khabib for the main belt and winner faces Conor.

zewone

Khabib can't make the weight any longer. He likely world have never fought at that weight class. Might as well bulk up for 170.

Heel

Never could forgive Khabib for getting an IV in a state of severe dehydration. Should've went to Dana's doctor, would have told him he's overracting and to lay down with an ice pack on his forehead.

zewone

All the blame is obviously on Dana and not on Khabib being unprofessional.

If you can't make the weight, don't sign the contract.

Ferguson v Lee is a fight I'd be excited for further down the line. I just don't see Lee beating Ferguson anywhere now.

Khabib walks around at 200lbs. Conor walks around at around 175 IIRC.

He is too big for 155.

Conor v Khabib, for the inaugural 165 title in Russia. Book it.

How did Gaethje not get the interim shot over Lee

Already tied up doing TUF with Eddie.

Though it would've been so rich of Eddie got screwed out of fighting Gaethje, there was no way the UFC was gonna pull him from the show after they already started filming.

Lee is literally the guy because of timing.

Khabib is injured and out till October (why they couldn't just wait a month, I don't know), Barboza is out because of a shoulder injury, Eddie and Gaethje were already signed to fight each other, Nate ain't fighting anyone not named Conor McGregor, and thus it fell to Lee.

Eanan

Khabib is injured and out till October (why they couldn't just wait a month, I don't know), Barboza is out because of a shoulder injury, Eddie and Gaethje were already signed to fight each other, Nate ain't fighting anyone not named Conor McGregor, and thus it fell to Lee.
No chance khabib would fight a month after he's healed up, he wants everything on his terms. I'm glad he's missed out if I'm honest, sick of hearing about him.

He would probably want 1.5-2 months miminum before the fight so December or January more like.

Hope Tony sends Lee back to the 80s with some delicious elbows and street dance.

Eanan

So apparently UFC have removed the Ferguson vs Lee poster traces from social media...

IS THAT...ITS...ITS KHABIB

Top Bottom