• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ig0sFO4lqhWl5.png

So, if BJM can't ref in Nevada, can we please have him as a judge? No, cause Keith Kizer gets to pick those guys too...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Certain individuals in this thread have been bashing Mr. St-Pierre for years now. Your opinions on the matter can't be trusted. I only wear this avatar to oppose the mob mentality permeating this once great community.
Tell them like it is Chamber. The fact is Johnny H's face is not marketable. Do you all really want that butter churner as the face of the UFC? A man who can only hold composure for so long before throwing a hissy fit. A man who pretends as though he has a humble background, but he cannot humbly accept defeat. GSP is good for the UFC and for as long as he stays champ he will be the sole reason this company stays afloat for it is not only his excellence in athleticism, but his professionalism outside the octagon that has elevated this company from backyard brawls, to sport.

Tell them like it is Chamber. The fact is Johnny H's face is not marketable. Do you all really want that butter churner as the face of the UFC? A man who can only hold composure for so long before throwing a hissy fit. A man who pretends as though he has a humble background, but he cannot humbly accept defeat. GSP is good for the UFC and for as long as he stays champ he will be the sole reason this company stays afloat for it is not only his excellence in athleticism, but his professionalism outside the octagon that has elevated this company from backyard brawls, to sport.
So true. GSP retaining is what's best for business. Who else is qualified to be the face of the company? Johnny Hendricks? At best, he's a B+ player.

except instead of free $60 games you get free front row seats to every UFC show. thing is, you can't drink or cheer for anyone or display much of an emotional response to anything.

T...they can do it on the inside!

Well GSP won...Hendricks had the more defining moment like I said...he kept coming back and everyone whos so clear cut on Johnnys victory needs to recheck his MMA expertise holmes.

MMA scoring IS game scoring...as both officials are being paid to pick...ehrmm...certain winners/games. Id rather see Georges than Johnny...I bet Dana wanted to have him as champ due to his KO power...thats all that matter for Whitey boy.

muddream

Banned
T...they can do it on the inside!

Well GSP won...Hendricks had the more defining moment like I said...he kept coming back and everyone whos so clear cut on Johnnys victory needs to recheck his MMA expertise holmes.

MMA scoring IS game scoring...as both officials are being paid to pick...ehrmm...certain winners/games. Id rather see Georges than Johnny...I bet Dana wanted to have him as champ due to his KO power...thats all that matter for Whitey boy.

Bizarro CBoaT

It is irking me that there are so many contrarian fuckwit B-league MMA writers who are now trying to say that the GSP/Hendricks fight wasn't a robbery and that they scored it for GSP and how Dana is so fucking evil for saying what he said during the post fight presser. Only one person in the entire press row had GSP winning the night of the fight.

Vio-Lence

Banned
It is irking me that there are so many contrarian fuckwit B-league MMA writers who are now trying to say that the GSP/Hendricks fight wasn't a robbery and that they scored it for GSP and how Dana is so fucking evil for saying what he said during the post fight presser. Only one person in the entire press row had GSP winning the night of the fight.

Pauly, shit like that is bound to happen. The overwhelming majority on Saturday and Sunday were in the Hendricks camp. Like you said only 1 guy on press row had SP winning. People are going to go against the grain afterwards for web hits and notoriety. That shit is Skip Bayless and trolling 101.

muddream

Banned
Agreed Pauly, it's MMA contrarian fuckwit season right now and what really gets on my nerves is that for the most part it reads like copy/pastes from back when Shogun ended the Machida-Era. Your cowardly karate heros aren't invincible, get the fuck over it.

In other news, since the TMZ stuff is starting to get debunked, it's time for alternative theories featuring our friend Bloodstain Lane. That's right, GSP has a demon attached to him and that's a serious matter.

And here I thought BSL had already jumped the shark with all his illuminati bullshit.

Fuck him and his "you were all subconsciously influenced by Joe Rogan's commentary" bullshit. Like he's the only one who is strong enough to resist the Rogan brainwashing. Again, same shit the fucking asthmatic brace wearing Karate dorks said after UFC 104.

Vio-Lence

Banned
best part of the BSL video was Scott Steiner screaming He's Out, He's Out. So funny.

and this stupid fuck rallies against brain washing in the media while he tries to brain wash into saying GSP won.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
"I think Georges should retire," Rogan stated. "One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea [how] he got there. I think it's head kicks ... That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856813-joe-rogan-gsp-should-retire-since-hes-taken-too-many-shots?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Wow.. when you tell Joe Rogan your theories about being abducted by Aliens... and he's saying "nah, it's probably too many blows to the head" then those theories must be pretty far out there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What's best for business is putting someone over before you leave the territory.

What if there's no one worth putting over? It's not like when the legendary Shawn Michaels retired and he was able to put over the young up and comer named The Undertaker. You're talking about putting over some random butter churner.

Heel

What if there's no one worth putting over? It's not like when the legendary Shawn Michaels retired and he was able to put over the young up and comer named The Undertaker. You're talking about putting over some random butter churner.

I'm sure Georges would've loved to have put on a worked decision loss against Rory. If he doesn't come back and put someone over clean he's a damn sport killer. Thank you Dana White for saying what needed to be said.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The legend of St-Pierre is bigger than the sport. The man was selling out the world when most of these guys were bumming gas money to put in their car and get to high school.

St. Pierre is a legendary fighter who has/had PPV star potential.

For the sake of our integrity...lets just respect that man and what he has done for MMA.
The guy sold out Rogers Centre for crying out loud.

Its obvious he has some kind of mental problems and maybe Rogan is right...when you start talking about aliens and memory loss...its a bad sign and you should just retire. Screw the rematch (although would love to see it) and put yout health first.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What's best for business is putting someone over before you leave the territory.
If Trader Joe wanted the win he should've respected GSP by knocking him out. Giving only 70% shows he doesn't respect the man who holds the belt, if you can't give the champion your best, you don't deserve to be put over, you deserve to be put under.

Heel

Pac spittin' until my mouth goes dry, brehs. Without the Ultimate Georges would still be bouncing at the Fuzzy Brossard and practicing katas.

Come do the honors, Georges.

13.gif

If Trader Joe wanted the win he should've respected GSP by knocking him out. Giving only 70% shows he doesn't respect the man who holds the belt, if you can't give the champion your best, you don't deserve to be put over, you deserve to be put under.

He didn't want to not get the KO and then gas out. It was his first time in a 5 round fight and he wanted to conserve the gas tank.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
When my speakers freak out my neighbors the next time I know who is to blame. In other news a former co worker just sent me a text message saying he's now a muslim and in the future i should address him as 'Sadeek'. Im seriously starting to think a retard bomb went off in this city.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He didn't want to not get the KO and then gas out. It was his first time in a 5 round fight and he wanted to conserve the gas tank.
All I hear are excuses, GSP was not only rocked, he was wobbling for at least 15 seconds. This nascar dad had him by all means beat on the ground and standing and he could not even give GSP the honor of rendering him unconscious.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Which brings me back to my favorite fight of the night. Robert the Ruthless legit took hory's baby.. Aside from a takedown or two i dont recall what he did in that fight.

Top Bottom