• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

MjFrancis

Both of those were before my time, I had no idea they cared about MMA at all.

And at least the Thiago Alves story is related to the card. The other stuff is just celebrity gossip.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think the Bears would be better served starting Josh McCown for the rest of the season. 5 seasons of watching Jay Cutler throw red zone interceptions is enough. Hope Phil Emery doesn't invest any long term money in this bum. Draft somebody and we can live with McCown for a season running the Trestman system with these receivers.

iJqzuryJovc9y.png
Fuckin disgusted with this shit, breh.

Vio-Lence

Banned
iJqzuryJovc9y.png
Fuckin disgusted with this shit, breh.

I'm sick of Chicago media treating Smokin' Jay like he's some sort of superstar on Rodgers, Brees, Manning territory. Cutler has 13 TDs and 8 INTs this year. How many times do we need to see him kill scoring drives with interceptions in the red zone? Bears aren't winning any playoff games with Cutler. Add the fact that he gets injured every season for 4-6 games, I don't see any reason to commit big money to this dope. 5 years of bad QB play is enough. Why pay a mediocre quarterback 100 million for 4 or 5 more years of shit?

A scrub QB like McCown is producing on a similar level as Cutler, might as well draft a young quarterback and spend money on improving the awful defense. Trestman offense is the star of the show now brah.

Maybe GSP did win. You know you cant count that 1 minute where GSP got clocked really bad and did the fish dance for the whole duration of the fight.

GSP actually countered alotta shots...pretty sneaky strikes great kicks and pressured Hendricks.

They both had their moments. Too close and I believe Georges rightfully won it. Fuck Dana braindead White...needs to get his shit checked.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Like the night before when we were chatting for Bellator. I was joking and said GSP wants to retire because his dad is dying and he got a chick pregnant. I mean, I didn't mean either of it but now it is funny.

Damn. Its just creepy. Someone in chat did say it the night of the fight though..i just dont recall who. You know this chick is trying to get paid. A pillow fisted child thats worth millions. If there was ever a situation that called for Georges to be himself and not finish..that was it.

Who ya crappin' brah?

See pauly's avatar...

Give the man a break will ya? Hes awaiting a bastard child form a whore and he got busted up.

I dont think just because Georges is more easy to cut...hence worse looks on his face...is a important factor to determine the winner of a fight. The strikes matter.

It was closer than everybody thinks.

Damn. Its just creepy. Someone in chat did say it the night of the fight though..i just dont recall who. You know this chick is trying to get paid. A pillow fisted child thats worth millions. If there was ever a situation that called for Georges to be himself and not finish..that was it.
I called the pregnant thing on Saturday in chat actually

Heel

Give the man a break will ya? Hes awaiting a bastard child form a whore and he got busted up.

I dont think just because Georges is more easy to cut...hence worse looks on his face...is a important factor to determine the winner of a fight. The strikes matter.

It was closer than everybody thinks.

iJqzuryJovc9y.png

It really comes down to the 1st round. Johny won 2&4 and GSP won 3&5. I gave the 1st to Johny but I can see people giving it to GSP. That wrestling guy Dave gave GSP the W too.

It really comes down to the 1st round. Johny won 2&4 and GSP won 3&5. I gave the 1st to Johny but I can see people giving it to GSP. That wrestling guy Dave gave GSP the W too.
Dave Meltzer is fuxking trash. The only thing he is an authority on is Dickens' style or writing. Paragraphs upon paragrpahs of nothing of value being said.

Heel

MEDIA SCORES
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Craig Amos
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks
MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks
Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chris Nelson
Jordan Breen
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Tim Burke
FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

Heel

I'm going to point out that Heel is using the defense he said he hates UFC-Gaf using.

I'm not pointing out that GSP landed 19 punches to 18 and therefore deserves to win a round. I'm pointing out that not one person from major MMA media not named Big Dave Meltzer had GSP winning.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
MEDIA SCORES
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks
Nathan McCarter
Craig Amos
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks
Mike Whitman
Chris Nelson
Jordan Breen
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Tim Burke
FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

iJqzuryJovc9y.png

Looks like Sato and myself are the only unbiased viewers around here.

MMA media as well as their scoring is a joke.

Watch the fight again without commentary..or better yet...turn the sound off and score every round. Come back and tell me what you saw...

Vio-Lence

Banned
MMA media as well as their scoring is a joke.

Watch the fight again without commentary..or better yet...turn the sound off and score every round. Come back and tell me what you saw...

get Mr. SP's balls out of your mouth son. that was the worst decision since Dragon/Shogun 1.

motherfucker is talking like this is point fighting and not fighting.

Vio-Lence

Banned
MMA journalism is the sports equivalent of gaming journalism.

agreed, but MMA journalism has improved over the years as the "sport" has flirted with the mainstream. If we want to include respective forums, I think the UFC forum on sherdog is more fair and balanced than gaming side here.

Heel

I guess we can chalk up every single major media outlet scoring it for Johny as journalistic incompetence, but then again I don't need them to tell me GSP lost. I saw that with my own eyes.

Vio-Lence

Banned
One of Adrian Peterson's bastard kids was murdered this season, and he didn't miss any games. GSP wants to take 2 years off on the account of a birth of a bastard kid?

SOFT!

agreed, but MMA journalism has improved over the years as the "sport" has flirted with the mainstream. If we want to include respective forums, I think the UFC forum on sherdog is more fair and balanced than gaming side here.

Agreed.

I was chatting with my friend who isn't really a sports fan in general and he said he caught the fight with his GF. He asked why was everyone booing because GSP won. He had him winning the 1-3-5. I think some of my other casual MMA friends thought the same thing.

One of Adrian Peterson's bastard kids was murdered this season, and he didn't miss any games. GSP wants to take 2 years off on the account of a birth of a bastard kid?

SOFT!

He's Canadian bro.

Can we talk about GSP not being the same fighter without Greg in his corner?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Jerry, I don't think it has a lot to do with Greg Jackson. I think post ACL surgery he looks to have diminished physically.

Prior to the injury he was on an entirely different level compared to the rest of the division. He hasn't been the same guy since the fight with Jake Shields. He's looked beatable in his last 3 fights versus Condit, Diaz, and Hendricks.

muddream

Banned
There are two kinds of fighters (I use this term loosely): Those that tap to strikes/turn fetal and those who fight for survival like men. Johny was giving GSP flashbacks all night, Greg wouldn't have made a difference.

Jerry, I don't think it has a lot to do with Greg Jackson. I think post ACL surgery he looks to have diminished physically.

Prior to the injury he was on an entirely different level compared to the rest of the division. He hasn't been the same guy since the fight with Jake Shields. He's looked beatable in his last 3 fights versus Condit, Diaz, and Hendricks.

He doesn't seem to know how to adjust without Greg. I know a lot of us talk shit on Jackson but he knows how to win. He goes in with more than just one gameplan. Fries is just a bad coach. He didn't adjust in the Rory fight and was yelling at GSP to take Johny down in the third when GSP was landing shots.

There are two kinds of fighters (I use this term loosely): Those that tap to strikes/turn fetal and those who fight for survival like men. Johny was giving GSP flashbacks all night, Greg wouldn't have made a difference.

Can we stop this? In the Condit and Hendricks fight GPS took a lot of hits and still kept fighting.

muddream

Banned
We can forgive, but never forget. Scratch that, I can forgive because I don't have to pay for the Ultimate...completely different story if I had paid for GSP-Serra based on the assumption that these guys would fight for my entertainment, only a simp would forgive in that position.

MMA journalism is the sports equivalent of gaming journalism.

except instead of free $60 games you get free front row seats to every UFC show. thing is, you can't drink or cheer for anyone or display much of an emotional response to anything.
Can we stop this? In the Condit and Hendricks fight GPS took a lot of hits and still kept fighting.
In the Conduit fight, the aforementioned Global Positioning Satellite actually won those rounds though. In the Hendricks fight, Hendricks clearly won 3 rounds and I even gave him the 3rd even though I thought it was close and you could make a case for that round going the other way. Every other round had a clear victor IMO.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Certain individuals in this thread have been bashing Mr. St-Pierre for years now. Your opinions on the matter can't be trusted. I only wear this avatar to oppose the mob mentality permeating this once great community.

Top Bottom