• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

Aldo misses weight and loses in a non-title bout for the double payday. Book it.

j0Z5ATIEj8Xpd.jpg

iddqd

So was this stuff done too early? I have a big boner for that fight and the only upcoming stuff is Mendes vs Lamas and CroCop vs the head kick bear.
Three months in UFC time will give us a whole nother main event and 31 injured fighters.

The last time they did this and generated this much heat so far out was Jones vs Cormier ... and then Jones got injured. Sure it still happened but it would've been insane if they fought closer to when that press conference brawl took place.

scabro

so it seems uncle Shael straight up said that Rumble/Jones isn't gonna happen. The theory is Rumble is gonna piss hot, which would be truly, incredibly shocking.

also this:

Fan: Do you think Anderson silva was juicing when he fought you?

Sonnen: By todays standards? Sure. More than I was? Doubtful

lol

IKizzLE

Connor must have an MBA in Marketing because he is a legendary troll. A Troll's troll.
I mean, this shit just comes natural for him.

I couldn't understand a word these Irish fans are saying. I got the spank part but nothing he said after that. Got nothing out of that little kid except that he was propositioning Dana.

I hate the way both Cormier and McGregor are already looking past Bader and Aldo and calling out their next fights, Jones and Dos Anos.

That's just shit you don't do. Karma combat sports gods are not impressed.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Cormier needs at least three convincing wins to get a rematch.

And McGregor doesn't need to matchmake anything. After he regains his senses, he'll discover that Aldo has announced that he's going to 155, and we'll have a mini tournament including Mendes, McGregor, Lamas and Edgar to find a new champion at 145.

TheChits

So far for 189, we have the two title fights and these. This card is going to be amazing assuming it doesn't completely fall apart
Gunnar Nelson vs John Hathaway
Brandon Thatch vs Jordan Mein
Dennis Bermudez vs Jeremy Stephens

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Not having fun with the boss fights in Bloodborne at all. Simply put, I think they're unfair and poorly design. Dark Souls 1 still has the best. Everything else is superb though. Bloodborne is a better stealth game than modern stealth games, lol. I spend more time observing enemy patrol routes, reading the level layout, cautiously avoiding mobs, looking for hidden enemies, separating mobs into manageable encounters, and looking for backstab opportunities than I have in any stealth game since the PS2/Xbox/GC days.

PSA: The prelims on Saturday start at 11am and the main card at 1pm. So don't set your dvr for what looks like the UFC event at 8pm on FS1 - that's just a replay. I almost got got.

IKizzLE

Not having fun with the boss fights in Bloodborne at all. Simply put, I think they're unfair and poorly design. Dark Souls 1 still has the best. Everything else is superb though. Bloodborne is a better stealth game than modern stealth games, lol. I spend more time observing enemy patrol routes, reading the level layout, cautiously avoiding mobs, looking for hidden enemies, separating mobs into manageable encounters, and looking for backstab opportunities than I have in any stealth game since the PS2/Xbox/GC days.

Each boss fight is a culmination of everything you learned up to that point. You can't brute force it and your first go around will definitely be trial and error. Once you know the trick, they become much more manageable. I've beaten around 9 bosses so far and each one had some major exploit.

scabro

saw this on reddit
Pretty sure that non-brazilian-portuguese speakers don't know how bad Aldo's insults really are since the subtitles tend to soften it up a little bit. Truth is: the guy uses bad language in almost every sentence. And it's hilarious.

Here is a direct translation from what he said when Connor stole his belt:

"You're a loser. You're a loser, dude. Loser. "Zé Boceta"! You son of a bitch! You son a bitch! Loser, loser. "Zé Boceta"! Go fuck your self in the ass. Go fuck yourself right in the middle of your ass, you "arrombado". Son of a bitch. You piece of shit. You big piece of shit."

The best way to translate "Zé Boceta" is "Pussy Joe". It stands for a real, real loser, someone who really can't have anything right, an incredible underachiever.

And "arrombado" means your butthole has seen so many penises that it just can't function straight anymore. It's like a gapped anus or something. And man, that really is offensive here in Brazil.

He also has this favela-esque way to swear that is REALLY scary if you have the guy right in front of you. None of these means that he is impolite or rude. It is actually pretty common in Brazil to use some bad words in a regular sentence. Plus, he seems to be a very nice dude, after all.

pussy joe

arrombado

favela-esque

im dying brehs.

Next

also UFC's translators are so fucking crappy. They leave a ton of stuff the fighters say out, and sometimes don't even bother answering the same thing.

Top Bottom