• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMAC(Megaman Anniversary Collection) to Xbox...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Allright, this is one is the definitive best version. Hopefully the interview isn't as compressed and they managed to really squeeze down the loading times. I hope the release isn't set to coincide with the GBA release title. I would love for that game to be released on time.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Watch.....Atomic Planet will once again fuck up this version with reversed buttons and/or not offering a customizable control scheme. :\

belgurdo

Banned
Kumiko Nikaido said:
Watch.....Atomic Planet will once again fuck up this version with reversed buttons and/or not offering a customizable control scheme. :\

Is it that hard to adapt to two buttons being placed in a different order?

MMAC is a great bargain, especially when you consider how much it would cost to buy each of those games individually. Heck, Mega Man 7 ALONE will cost you 30 bucks.

belgurdo said:
Is it that hard to adapt to two buttons being placed in a different order?

You CAN adapt... but why should people have to?? It was just such a huge stupid oversight. Why cause millions of gamers to cry out in terror when there's no need?? WHY?!?

After that I knew truly, there is no god. Cool games tho.

ohamsie

Well, looks like the Xbox version will be mine, provided there are no more colossal fuck ups like reversed button configurations.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Hopefully it won't be delayed a million times like SFAC for Xbox has.

Also, hopefully RE4 and Viewtiful Joe are coming to Xbox soon too.

That is a real shame too, as it was a pretty good ending. Did they ever give an exact reason for why that is, or can we assume it has something to do with emulating Mode 7?

Soul4ger

SonicMegaDrive said:
That is a real shame too, as it was a pretty good ending. Did they ever give an exact reason for why that is, or can we assume it has something to do with emulating Mode 7?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the general ineptitude of the developers. Even if they do address the situation, I doubt that'll be their reason. But mark my words, it's the truth. THE TROOF.

M3wThr33

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
They're amateur programmers.
They looked at what code was available to them and saw this:
Oh look! MM1-6 are on the PSX! If we write a PSX emulator, we can use the code from MM1-6 and 8. That's 70% of the code right there!
So they did that, and a 32kB game became a 200MB inflated monstrosity because of dumbass programmers.
Because Megaman 7 was the SNES emulator of the bunch, the lonly one, it was different and shunned. They couldn't be bothered to emulate Mode-7, so they just took out the whole ending sequence.
My favorite part was in MM8. It used to say "New Game/Load Games/Options" on the front screen. Options would also pointless crap and let you configure the buttons. They took that out and only put in "Continue Game" instead.

There's other issues, music cutting out, freezes on the PS2, graphical glitches all over, but it's not worth it to complain about anymore.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
The real reason it's not worth complaining about because this flash flood of misinformation and made-up shit came rushing in and ruined it for everybody.

Soul4ger

jooey said:
The real reason it's not worth complaining about because this flash flood of misinformation and made-up shit came rushing in and ruined it for everybody.

What was misinformation and made-up? I didn't really keep track -- my PS2 version of the game plays fine -- but I'm interested in learning what people said was excluded. The remixed music ISN'T playable during the games in the GC version, right?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They need to include all the remixes in this version. Half of MM4's were missing in the PS2 version.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ohoho you guys are going to get a visit from the Atomic Planet damage control team. I still bare the scars even today..

M3wThr33

Banned
Yup. The GC version lacked the music because they couldn't be bothered to write an NES emulator since the PSX emulator ran the first 6. (Bonus! They didn't have to program additional live-weapon switching code. It was included in PSX Master Works games already)

And the glitches I saw myself first hand. Heck, sometimes on the PS2, Gemini Man disappears.

Funny how I've discussed key flaws f the games that aren't opinions, but real problems. Opinions would be saying that game select menu is the worst trash in the history of our planet.
8 games + 2 arcade? And HOW COME you could not do it in the 3x3 fashion of the boss selection? Come on!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Soul4ger said:
What was misinformation and made-up? I didn't really keep track -- my PS2 version of the game plays fine -- but I'm interested in learning what people said was excluded. The remixed music ISN'T playable during the games in the GC version, right?

Sorry, I meant the more technical stuff, like how m3w started his post. The games were recoded, the developer said so, and I'm inclined to believe them since that's what would really cause bloat. The PSone versions weren't emulated either, so blah blah blee bloo blum I JUST HOPE THE XBOX VERSION IS IMPROVED SOMEHOW (INCLUDING ROCKBOARD IS AN IMPROVEMENT)

M3wThr33 said:
8 games + 2 arcade? And HOW COME you could not do it in the 3x3 fashion of the boss selection? Come on!

Hey now! There's a good idea! Much better than the 'guide MegaMan to the right until you find the game ya wanna play' thing they used.

M3wThr33

Banned
I sent them an email asking about it, but they never responded. There was a link to the oh-so-reliable IGN forums where I believe they were talking to one of the developers. He was saying the reason the music wasn't there was because they used the PSX images from the Master Works and we should be lucky it even fit on the GameCube because they had to do a lot of compression to get the 600MB image down to 50MB for MM1.

Hero

Ugh. So much bad programming. How hard could it be to have an NES emulator on PS2/GCN? I mean, couldn't they have asked Nintendo for what they used for LoZ:Collection or the NES games on Animal Crossing? Or Retro Studios and Metroid? So many inexcusable flaws. I hope Capcom decides to do a MMX Collection in house.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, regardless of if MM1-6 are PSX or NES, there's still lots of inexcusable problems with the game. The graphical screw ups (I had a bunch in Wily's castle in MM1 with the torpedo penguins) were big. Not to mention the world's worst bonus screen with no visual feedback. I click a song and nothing... what? Oh! It's playing! I press a button. It stops. o_O Then there's the pictures I unlocked. A static slideshow? WHAT? It took me 4 times to actually get past the first image because I kept hitting things to advance it.

Ironclad

Kumiko Nikaido said:
I swear, if they don't fix that, I will get in my car, and run some people over. :lol Just kidding, but I will boycott the product. The ending to MM 7 pissed me off as well. What the hell were they thinking?

Link316

Banned
MMAC could've been so simple, all they had to do was make a NES emulator, dump a bunch of roms and have plenty of room to spare instead of the bloated mess we ended up with

I just hope GBA MMAC is done in house

Ironclad

Link316 said:
MMAC could've been so simple, all they had to do was make a NES emulator, dump a bunch of roms and have plenty of room to spare instead of the bloated mess we ended up with

You and me both.

jarrod

Banned
Link316 said:
It's being done by a Chinese firm, Hanaho Asia Ltd.

MMAC is somewhat wasted on Xbox though, this game won't break 50k. Capcom would've been better served using it as an early PSP release.

Top Bottom