• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Game of the Year 2016 - Voting

Chopper

GQPHlRn.jpg

Not only the best mobile game of 2016, but the best mobile game ever, in my humble opinion.

It takes the premise of the Yokai Watch games, streamlines it, removes all the annoying fetch quests and improves the battle system and graphics ten-fold. It is a spin-off better than the game from which it is spun.

Each stage pits you against up to three enemy yokai which you must defeat to progress. The battle system involves linking similar "wib wobs" in order to increase their size, thus damage, amd has an alarming amount of depth depending on the team you use. Unlocking, befriending amd levelling yokai is extremely satisfying, as is defeating the surprisingly varied bosses, completing missions and accruing cash. The game is well supported, and events and score attack competitions occur on a weekly basis.

The only "negative" is that there is a gacha element to the game. You can spend in-game currency to use the Crank-a-Kai to unlock certain Yokai, although only a handful of them are exclusive, and with enough strategy and effort, earning money and using the Crank becomes elementary, and indeed part of the fun.

IAPs are a thing, but are by NO MEANS required. Some of the most prolific and strongest members of the Wibble Wobble community pride themselves on never having spent a penny.

There is an OT, and if you're curious, come and have a chat. The game is currently not available on UK/EU app stores, but I strongly recommend jumping through the required hoops to find an apk or use the US store.

I absolutely love this game. I still play it every day (since just after launch), and I am still unlocking things. Play it, love it, vote for it!

1: Sorcery 4!; The final chapter of the amazing Sorcery series ends on a high note. Everything is perfectly crafted. Every decision from previous games comes back, every path you took will shape your adventure. The writing is phenomenal and immerses you into a world of magic and danger.

2: Saramost 3; A gorgeous game with perplexing hard puzzles. It's a game that rewards exploration and curiosity.

3 : Voez; Incredible soundtrack and interesting gameplay to keep the rhythm genre on smartphones fresh

4: Crashlands; It's like don't starve but more action, has good writing and a cool story

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'll vote for Romancing SaGa 2 remake - since it's a premium priced product that redraws the sprites from the original SNES game in a detailed and attractive manner, one of the rare mobile ports that don't feel sloppy and half-assed. Not to mention it's the first time the game got released in English, officially.

1. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius; The RPG elements are fun and I have a soft spot for gacha. I especially love how you can get more common versions of strong characters and level them up to snuff instead of having no choice but to pull it in its more powerful form. The dialogue and quipping between characters was more amusing than I expected.
2. Romancing SaGa 2 ; This might have been #1 if I wound up playing it more. A SaGa game on mobile, released for the first time in English, that has an aesthetic style that most Square fans wish FF5 and 6 mobile could have achieved. Learning about how to make the strange battle system work for you and getting excited over a new move sparking into your arsenal is where the magic lies.
3. Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble ; I was NOT expecting to enjoy this game as much as I did. I never got amazing at it but it's probably the most fun I've had playing a puzzle game on mobile. The production values are VERY high, which makes sense considering how popular Yokai Watch is over in Japan.
4. Pokemon Go ; A lot of people want this game to have more Pokemon asap. Honestly I just with the social features were more apperant. For a game that ultimately is about the gang war style of keeping gyms under your teams control, it'd have been great if their was ingame chat and other features to foster camaraderie and teamwork with other people out there playing. Ingress, Niantic Labs other game, does this, so why no PoGO?

duckroll

1. Romancing SaGa 2 ; The controls leave quite a bit to be desired but the enhanced port is still one of the best things from Square Enix on mobile in a really long time. Classic RPG re-released in a very faithful way on modern hardware.

2. Lumines ; Really good mobile port of an already excellent game. Great for anyone with headphones or earbuds on the go. Instead of listening to music on a train, you can listen to great music and play a great puzzle game too!

3. Deus Ex Go ; Not bad, but probably the worse of the Go series so far. The newly patched community maps and level editor are great for content, but they also added some pretty awful mechanics for microtransactions. The meh art direction is probably the worst thing about the game though.

-----

x. Terra Battle ; Still the best F2P game on mobile and the most engaging ongoing service for Sakaguchi fans. The collaborations and timed events this year have been really fun too. Overall a very good year of content for fans of this. Still no Matsuno World though... :/

x. Pokemon Go ; I spent a lot of time on this but I can't in good faith vote for it as a game. That's not me saying it's "not a game', it is, but I think it's a terrible game. What it was effective at being was an addictive social app that replied on peer pressure of friends and family to do shit out of the sense of togetherness - bonding over familiarity of the Pokemon brand and the classic creatures. It is by far the most interesting and impactful mobile experience this year, and clearly a huge commercial success. The game part of it fucking sucks though. Even the Gym battles are bad!

SteveWD40

No love for Titan Quest???

Still cant believe it can be played on mobile now.

Eh, it's still a bit janky to my mind, even on the 7 / Air 2 I was getting iffy FPS and that's using the low res mode they rolled out. Great of them to try but the port is not the best.

awp69

This is tough because it was such an excellent year. I decided to stick with my tradition of only putting games in my top 10 that are not ports. There are a few here that were released simultaneously on other platforms (or within a few days of one another). But they were developed specifically for mobile from the ground up.

1) Ember - Easily the best CRPG style game on iOS with wonderful performance, gameplay and lots of loot! Took what could be complex controls and boiled them down perfectly to fit mobile (text size was initially an issue but was patched). While not a hack n slash, it gave me that feeling to fill the void by a less than stellar port of Titan Quest.
2) Lost Socks - What can I say? Out of an unknown developer came an auto running platformer that was so well polished with gorgeous cartoon style style graphics and hard as nails gameplay. Ingeniously designed levels with multiple routes, a wide range of cool weapons and enemies that took a life of their own. This is an iOS classic.
3) Leap of Fate - This was neck and neck with a similar rogue like (Neon Chrome, which will be featured below on my favorite ports) for stealing away long periods of my mobile gaming backlog. Very original dual-stick shooter mixing CCG elements and a continuing desire to gain more powers and play over and over with each of the numberous playable characters.
4) Solitairica - Talk about a time suck. This elevated the solitaire genre to something so addictive and brilliant as an RPG. Easy to learn but takes lots of strategy to get to the end (which admittedly I haven't quite done yet).
5) Lost in Harmony - Some were a bit turned off by the mix of runner and traditiional rhythm game elements, but I personally thought it worked extremely well. I adored the touching of meloncholy story. The music was absolutely fantastic all the way through and it featured beautiful animation. The addition of being able to create your own levels just added to an already top notch game.
6) Super Phantom Cat - Mario? Who needs Mario when you have such a lovely game like this? A traditonal platformer that thrives on charm and well-made design choices with hidden areas and lots of secrets to find. Probably aren't selling this well - but just play it!
7) Twofold - There were many great puzzle games this year, but this one had me hooked. A unique mix of Threes style tile swapping with a dash of Tetris. The constantly changing goals for each level kept it engaging and quite challenging at times.
8) Bullet Hell Monday - This took a bit of time to grow on me as I was initially turned off by the short level approach. But the more I played, the more I wanted to keep playing it. Fantastic shump that, IMO, even rivals the devs long-format premium games. Just one more time...
9) Cattch - this was a puzzle platformer that I felt was criminally overlooked by many and is well worth. Playing with gravity and not knowing what really lies ahead in this strange world was a total blast.
10) Clash Royale - Never in a million years would I had thought a game by Supercell would grab me. Never a fan of the company's aggressive F2P models, I was genuinely surprised by how much I got sucked into this mix of CCG and castle defense multiplayer game. I'm not great at it and still haven't spent a dime but I love it.

------

I'll add comments to the games below later but wanted to put place holders. All of these are honorable mention but some of the ports would easily have made my Top 10 if I had wanted to (just feel like I want to reward new and original mobile games and devs the most).

First non-port honorable mentions:
x Eggggg
x Egz (yes, it's different than the one above)
x LUMINES (technically could be considered a port but was designed specifically for mobile)
x Chameleon Run
x Reigns
x Perchang
x Shadow Bug
x Super Cat Tales
x Riptide GP: Renegade
x Super Mario Run

Ports:
x GoNNER (Shield TV)
x Final Fantasy 9
x Steamworld Heist
x The Bug Butcher
x Neon Chrome
x Severed
x Invisible, Inc.
x Titan Quest (even though it's not a great port I still enjoy it)

Coppanuva

1. Final fantasy brave exvius- really fun, lots of fanservice, and manages to capture the fun of normal final fantasy battles in a movie friendly way.

Will edit more as I think.

Will come back to this later but for the moment:

1. Super Mario Run
2. Lost Socks
3. Love You To Bits
4. Egggg
5. Super Stick Man Golf 3
6. Solitairica
7. Super Phantom Cat
8. Super Cat Tales.
9. Momoka.
10. Space Marshals 2

Will come back to this later but for the moment:

1. Super Mario Run
2. Love You To Bits
3. Egggg
4. Space Marshals 2
5. Super Phantom Cat
6. Super Cat Tales

33% Super Cats.
So much Super in that list :p

A lot of good sales this week, should allow people to check out more of this year's releases

1. Pokemon Go

The only mobile game that i really played this year is Pokémon Go , does this count? Its basically an worldwide event, everyone is playing this and its hard to describe the feeling when almost everyone you know can enjoy something like this together .

2. Terra Battle

I remember completing the 1st story / main half on the game but somehow dropping the game after sometime. Still one of the best free Mobile game i have played.

3. Mobius FF

I had fun the little i played of it but Pokemon Go came out around the same time and i dropped others games on mobile.

x Miitomo

Fun for a week, only check in once in a while to get some coins now. Still very cute and charming and the recent(?) big update was neat.

Also tried some games like Super Cat and Lost maze but i barely played them (even lesser than FF) so not much comment here

yes, but you need a minimum of 3.
Well i guess its still my Mobile GOTY .

pdk27

1. Clash Royale - First F2P game I spent money on
2. Mario Run - Way more depth than I thought
3. Mini Metro - Oddly addicting
4. Steamworld Heist - Perfect for mobile
5. Reigns - Still playing through this but I like it.

heringer

1 - Steamworld Heist; amazing SRPG perfectly adapted to mobile.
2 - Super Mario Run; my favorite runner on the Appstore. Beautifully captures the tight platforming of Mario games.
3 - Ember; great CRPG with well adapted touch controls.
4 - Severed; great artstyle and fun touch based combat.

Matt Frost

1. Leap Day - Nitrome + the perfect 1 button auto runner platformer + a new level every day.
2. Rodeo Stampede - Best endless runner of the year. SO MUCH TO DO!
3. Tentacles: Enter the Mind - a 3D endless runner never seen before! original + awesome
4. Lost Socks - shows that a lot of buttons can be good on iOS
5. RunGunJumpGun - Extremely entertaining and well done
6. Reigns - perfect mobile game, deep and very unique and entertaining
7. Redungeon - Nitrome + endless runner + dungeon crawler
8. Blitz Breaker - Perfect swipe twitch platformer
9. Shadow Bug - best use of slashing ever seen
10. Hyperburner - arcade awesomeness

Honorable Mentions:

The Bug Butcher
Mini Metro
Super Mario Run
Cattch
Egggg
Egz
Telepaint
Severed
Dont Grind

DNAbro

I haven't played that much this year but

1. Super Mario Run
2. Pokémon Go
3. Kingdom Hearts Unchained

I mostly played KH and Downwell this year. Good games. Downwell was last year though. Still play it.

DylanEno

1) Pokémon Go
The game is complete garbage but the way it ignited such an astonishing burst of community nostalgia and social participation was unprecedented; and the game deserves it for accomplishing that alone, IMO.

ghibli99

1. Super Mario Run ; Polished, challenging, exactly the type of game I would expect from Nintendo's premium mobile initiatives to complement F2P.
2. Sally's Law ; Surprisingly touching timing-based puzzle/platformer with pleasant art and music. Not too difficult, but collecting everything will pose a few decent challenges even to seasoned gamers.
3. Reigns ; Described by many as the Tinder RPG, I liked its quick sessions, addicting progression, simple artstyle, dark humor, and clean presentation.

Wow, I played next to nothing on mobile this year. :(

NMFried

1. Clash Royale
2. Marvel Avengers Academy
3. Severed
4. Super Mario Run
5. Pokémon Go
6. INKS
7. Exploding Kittens
8. Teeny Titans

Will update with reasoning later.

zashga

Hey, I played just enough mobile games to make a valid ballot!

1. Pokémon Go ; As a game it's actually pretty bad. But I've never seen anything like the craze that followed this game at launch. Seeing dozens of people congregate on the streets, in parks, and at night all playing the same game is something I don't know if we'll ever see again.

2. Super Mario Run ; It's small but finely crafted. Going back for coins and rallies gives it a bit of longevity.

3. Clash Royale ; A neat little strategy game, marred by a shitty exploitative business model.

eso76

Ohhh great !
The only thing I've been playing on my phone is Uniwars, I just needed a thread like this to spice things up

* Looks for Severed on Google Play store
Fuck
* Looks for Love you to bits on Google Play store
Fuck

Well, can I ask you to please post whether the game is iOS or android exclusive

:/

Edit:
* Looks for Super Cat Tales on Google Play store
Dammit

Ohhh great !
The only thing I've been playing on my phone is Uniwars, I just needed a thread like this to spice things up

* Looks for Severed on Google Play store
Fuck
* Looks for Love you to bits on Google Play store
Fuck

Well, can I ask you to please post whether the game is iOS or android exclusive

:/

Edit:
* Looks for Super Cat Tales on Google Play store
Dammit
Unfortunately, Android is not the platform you want to be on if you're interested in mobile games. Oh, there are tons of great games, no doubt, but iOS usually gets them first, sometimes days or months earlier, or they dont come to Android at all

awp69

Unfornately, Android is not the platform you want to be on if you're interested in mobile games. Oh, there are tons of great games, no doubt, but iOS usually gets them first, sometimes days, months, earlier, or they dont come to Android at all

Sadly true. If you have a Shield Tablet or TV, there are some exclusives for them that aren't on iOS but Android as a whole is not good. It seemed to be getting better as far as parity but this year seemed to take a nose dive.

1. Clash Royale ; (Android, iOS) Put together CCG and a condensed RTS game and you get Clash Royale. This is easily the best mobile game I've played, and even one of the best games I've played of all time. Cards represent troops, buildings or spells that can be played in battle. Despite being F2P, it's still a very fair game. Shooting for the top of the ranking ladder is there for the whales. For the rest of us, remaining at a certain threshold of the ladder is all that's important. It gives the best rewards for winning, and remaining above that threshold is completely doable even without paying a cent. Clash Royale also features challenges , tournaments and friendly battles. The great thing about these is that they all run in "Tournament Standard", which adjusts card levels to be the same and ensuring fair play. Whenever I lose, it's because I made fatal mistakes, or the enemy did an amazing outplay. The game already features over 50 cards, yet Supercell does an amazing job with balance. Clash Royale is polished to a mirror sheen. I cannot recommend this game enough.

2. Stickman and Gun2 ; (Android, iOS) Remember the good old days playing stick Flash games? The game's premise is the same as the original: you go into an arena and fight several waves of enemies. You can choose between several races and classes and wield multiple types of weapons like guns and magic staffs. Weapons can be purchased or dropped by enemies you killed. This game is mindless fun, but it can get quite hectic. It doesn't have microtransactions, but you can optionally view ads for extra currency.

3. Gladiabots ; (Android, PC, Mac, Linux) Program robots to beat other robots! Gladiabots has an easy to use interface to tell your robot what to do and how to react to events that happen. Should Robot A shoot Enemy B when it gets very close, or should Robot A focus on taking the ball? Shoot Robot B and C focus fire on the closest enemy shooting Robot A? It's all up to you. The game features both solo and multiplayer. It's still in alpha, but it's very much playable and you can pay whatever you want for an otherwise 100% free game.

4. Final Fantasy IX ; Solid port of the classic, with enhanced 3D models, textures and extra convenient features.

x. Egg Inc. ; It's a clicker game, but with chickens and eggs.

1. Super Mario Run ; Loved it, as far as auto-runners go, this is probably as good as it gets. Collected all coins and now doing coin challenges with friends. For $10, this is a steal.
2. Pokemon Go ; The game is cool and all but the fun I had going hunting with friends or just meeting random people on the streets is quite possibly the most i've had with a game.
3. Car Mechanic Simulator 2016 ; just downloaded this, seems fun.

i need 3 games? well i can't nominate 3 games as i only enjoyed those two.
there's gotta be a port of a game i played elsewhere that i like.

1. Downwell ; Easy to learn and difficult to master, especially if you try to go for the combo system. With tons of items, randomized layouts, and quick-fire gameplay, this can be quite addictive.
2. Final Fantasy IX ; They really outdid themselves with this port. Not only do the character models look far better than the originals, it has a bunch of quality-of-life improvements like faster loading and the ability to turn off random battles (Useful for low-level and Excalibur II min-maxing runs). Plus, the whole interface was redesigned for mobile.
3. Reigns ; A fun little card/decision game, with a nice sense of humor about its world and setting.
4. Psycard ; A neat card-based Vs. Minesweeper game from the makers of Card City Nights. The music is pretty good, and the rounds last quickly enough. Though I do miss the overworld from CCN, the calendar-based setup seems interesting so far.
5. Apollo Justice Ace Attorney ; Unlike the mess that was the HD Trilogy, they actually did a nice job with this one. The character sprite upscale looks detailed enough, the animations are pretty good, and the music is still fine. The only thing for me that knocks it down a few places is the online DRM check every time you start the app after exiting. It really affects the potential for spontaneous quick-play sessions in data deserts.
6. Deus Ex GO ; As others have mentioned, this is kind of a step back from Lara Croft's GO-venture (and some of the changes they made with regards to micro-transactions raise eyebrows), but it still has the fun puzzle style established in Hitman GO, and quite a bit of live content to expand the level set.

ethomaz

Banned
Pokémon Go ; Vicious and fun even when it was lower features than expect... the collection this little things is awesome.

I did not play other mobile game in 2016.

Protome

1. Reigns - so simple, so pretty, so funny and with just enough depth to make it actually fun to play too.

2. Paperback - a mobile version of one of my favourite card games, a deck builder mixed with Scrabble which was a natural fit for a mobile game. The mobile version manages to keep all the fun of the physical game while adding a lot of nice little quality of life things to make it easy and fun to play.

3. Kingdom Hearts Unchained - I'm not really sure why I like this one but I put a bunch of hours into the really shallow combat and collecting a bunch of Disney character medals.

zulux21

1.pokemon go; whether it's a good game or not, it took the world by storm, and helped get lots of people out of the house.
2. Pathfinder Adventures; I was expecting someone else to have this listed given it is a great version of a great board game and was developed by Obsidian Entertainment but alas I guess no one cares about board game adaptions :(
3. FINAL TAPTASY; I think this came out this year, it's hard for me to find out when it actually released on android lol. either way it's only here because you require 3, but it is a solid tap/idle game with a number of features that make it continue to feel like you are making progress.

PittaGAF

Edited the list because of Banner Saga 2 that I played in the last days.

1. SteamWorld Heist If I didn't know it was a port, I would have never imagined. A superb turn based game perfect for touch devices. AAA polished.
2. Banner Saga 2. Superb second chapter of an already amazing game, that it's better in every possible way over its predecessor. Better and more epic story, more twists, much more variety and much better balancing in combat. It should be a tie with SteamWorld Heist, but I gave it the first place because it plays better on iPhone and wasn't a sequel. (Really, you should play both).
3. Lost Socks Frantic and brutal old school runner/platformer/shooter with Dreamworks grade animations.
4. Clash Royale Possibly my most played game in 2016. If they told me a free to play game would make it in my GOTY list, I would have laughed. MOBA condensed. Super fair (I'm in legendary arena and never spent a dime) and more important, super fun.
5. Super Mario Run Great platformer as expected, perfect controls and nice longevity if you aim for the colored coins sets.
6. Solitairica Solitaire games don't get any better. A real time sink.
7. Pathfinder Superb port (on iPhone too!!!) of a nice boardgame. To be honest I found much more compelling the digital version over the original boardgame.
8. The Bug Butcher 2016 version of Pang. Tons of power ups, frantic action.
9. Reigns It's incredible how a simple clever idea and a perfect execution can make so much storytelling from 'so little'.
10. Enyo Turn based roguelite addiction.

Special mention :
Road not Taken A grim fairy tale and nice puzzle game in a wonderful peculiar setting.

HotHamBoy

Where is the love for Solitairica!?

screen520x924.jpeg

321-16112P91632.jpg

sc552x414.jpeg

Premium all the way. Game is digital crack.

Some of you guys need to branch out from the F2P shit...

Orbis

1. Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic ; Super faithful port of RCT1+2 with nothing stripped out for mobile. More scenarios than I'll ever be able to finish and thus great value for money.
2. Solitairica ; Played this based on seeing it in this thread and love it. I can see myself losing hours to this.
3. Pokemon Go ; A game that captured the world for a short time, and is still a high achiever today. I haven't played in months but it had me hooked.

yurinka

1. Leap Day
2. Clash Royale
4. Love Yo to Bits
5. Lumines: Puzzle & Music
6. Severed

Android player here, I still dind't play Mario Run

Wollan

Two of these I also included in my top-10 cross-platform Goty entry.

1. Pokémon GO ; I ran 100 km during the initial two weeks of release back in July. I greeted married couples that were busy discovering Pokémon in hiking tracks on the outskirts of Edinburgh. I competed in Pokémon gyms against school kids. I associated real locations with types of Pokémons found and I learned not to play during the afternoon rush and servers crashing which had me going for jogs past midnight. Playing this game I felt I was experiencing a truly important moment in the medium like the first time I played Minecraft or Demon’s Souls or my first ever MMO. I consider Pokémon GO my first foray into AR gaming not due to it’s simple camera gimmick (that one quickly turns off) but due to it’s real world gps mapping and the social moments. A Pokémon MMO has been requested for a decade but somehow its launch took us all by surprise.

2. Clash Royale ; Instant match-making and small bite-sized yet deeply strategic battles makes this one of the best pure gameplay standouts of the year. While this is a F2P game I ended up pouring more money into this than a boxed game and it almost frightened me how much it hooked me (even when I had mentally prepared beforehand) so I ended up deleting it. Lots of activities to put your hands on and deeply satisfying to play.

3. Super Mario Run ; Highly polished and very enjoyable. Yet to finish this but so far this seems to a be very successful mobile entry (quality wise) for Nintendo's mascot.

t26

1. Pokemon Go - taking down a gym with a friend has been one of my best experience in gaming this year
2. Super Mario Run - great addition to Mario
3. Marvel Tsum Tsum - very addicting.

bonesquad

1. Severed ; Take the dungeons of Zelda, make them darker and add a cool swiping based combat mechanic. My favorite mobile game of the year as it's a great game and uses the platform to its advantage.
2. Steamworld Heist ; A lighter TBS, but aiming shots trying to get the perfect ricochet makes this game a lot of fun. The game does unfortunately reward playing the same characters over and over, but at least there's no permadeath to worry about.
3. King Rabbit ; Follow-up to one of my favorite's of last year (Furdemption). They toned down the 'hell' aesthetic, which was a welcome change. I wasn't sure I'd like this fast paced sokoban, but solving the puzzles kept me hooked through all the levels released.
4. Teeny Titans ; This was a surprise. I knew nothing of the source material, but figured I'd give the game a shot as playing a good Pokemon on my phone sounded intriguing. Who knew I'd end up collecting them all.
5. Solitairica ; Excellent game of solitaire with the magical twists. I clearly have a preference for the defense mechanics as the three decks that use blue defense resources just happen to be the three decks I've beaten...
6. Guild of Dungeoneering ; There is a decent amount of luck to this, but I enjoyed moving through dungeons trying to outmaneuver bad luck.
7. Reins ; Swipe left on 2016, swipe right on more cards in 2017!
8. Mini Metro ; Not as chill as I expected, but still pulls me in to find better commute paths for the triangles, circles, and squares of the world.
9. Deus Ex Go ; My least favorite Go, and the odd choice to follow Nintendo's lead on how to only offer random user generated levels. Still, I love Deus Ex and the Go series is always worth playing (so far).
10. Road Not Taken ; I don't know what they were thinking when they originally released this as a roguelike. Tough game as it is, but the mechanics are quite interesting.

x. Tomb of the Necrodancer ; I'm not a fan of roguelikes, but this rhythm based twist is cool. The controls are a bit 'off' so I almost wish I got it on PC (I know, blasphemy!).
x. Warbits ; Amazing port of Advanced Wars... Seriously. Very well done, but almost too like AW. Including the super long stages.
x. Mekorama ; Neat little puzzle game (and I mean little, <10MB) that does level sharing right.
x. Frost ; A cool deckbuilding, solo card game (there's a demo on Steam). The interface is wonky as hell, and the game is tough as shit, but still worth a mention.
x. Tsuro ; I didn't play many board games on iOS this year, but this light game is very well done and great for a quick play.

Bonus - Games that would have made my list if I had played them on mobile
x. Invisible Inc. - LOVED this game on PC. Tactical cyberpunk that's not complicated, but all the pieces fit together in so many different ways every play through ends up being its own story. Maybe when I'm itching to play some more I'll pick this up on iOS.
x. Human Resource Machine - Got this as a bundle throw-in without knowing anything about the game. Turns out this might be my favorite programming puzzle game. Way more accessible than say SpaceChem, and the Tomorrow Corporation aesthetic is a nice touch.

gamerMan

1. Super Mario Run ; This game surprised me. I didn't think that Nintendo could make a Mario autorunner that was an actual Mario game. It has the best jump mechanics in a mobile game.
2. Lumines Puzzle & Music ; I love this puzzle game with its addictive gameplay.
3. Pokemon Go ; I really didn't get to much into this, but it was fun catching Pokemon for awhile.

Top Bottom