• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

WarAdept

Does this game make a horrific ripping sound when phone goes to sleep for anyone else?

iPhone 6 here.

The music and sound effects still continue for a good 5 secs after pressing my phone's lock button or switch between apps, but no ripping sound.

Man I'm slow at this game. People already done Chapter 2 and farming like crazy, and I just beat the Cockatrice thingy.

Really awful how the iPhone 6+ and 6S+ don't have high resolution settings.

I was just coming in here to ask.. are there any reasons as to why? It kind of looks like a PSP game.

I'm enjoying this, auto battle though.. nice to 'play' something so low maintenance for once.

Some of the designs are great. Just unlocked the advanced Ranger class.

Just started it. I went past the tutorial and beat the first dragon boss. Yeah, this is one of the most cluttered and confusing RPGs I've seen in awhile lol!

I auto battled the boss. No idea when you would not want to auto battle, as the skills are used for you. It's not like it's just auto regular attacks. Will it heal for you too when the going gets rough?

Quonny

Just started it. I went past the tutorial and beat the first dragon boss. Yeah, this is one of the most cluttered and confusing RPGs I've seen in awhile lol!

I auto battled the boss. No idea when you would not want to auto battle, as the skills are used for you. It's not like it's just auto regular attacks. Will it heal for you too when the going gets rough?

Auto battle is actually pretty awful on bosses. The auto battler tends to use the element shift system a little too liberally. They'll pop 5 fire orbs for fire defense for no reason or heal for 1200 when you're only missing 700 HP, etc.

Arkeband

Banned
Auto battle is actually pretty awful on bosses. The auto battler tends to use the element shift system a little too liberally. They'll pop 5 fire orbs for fire defense for no reason or heal for 1200 when you're only missing 700 HP, etc.

It does this more often when you're set to Defensive mode, try setting it to Attack.

Another thing Auto does is it tends to attack center targets first, so manually fighting allows better use of AOE skills when the center targets aren't dead.

Sounds like I should start using autobattle!

Really awful how the iPhone 6+ and 6S+ don't have high resolution settings.

lol really? That's weird.
It runs like shit on my 5S tbh, wildly fluctuating anywhere between 0 to 60fps lol. Looks pretty nice, though.

Dreavus

You mean the gacha white mage job, right? I'm just going with an Earth Sword onion knight to help break enemies.

It's the upgrade from Appentice Mage --> Mage --> White Mage, although maybe it's in the gacha too. I'm using that same ability for now but it's certainly not ideal!

Correct, those 3 cards come with Ability maxed out at 6/6 but can't evolve. Their Seed level still starts at 1. Other cards have Ability and Seed both starting at 1. These are all 3 tickets each.

Checking "MAX BOOST" will give you maxed Ability and Seed level at a much higher ticket premium. For those aforementioned 3, it only costs 9 since it's giving you the seed boost. For the others it costs 38 which I believe is more or less comparable how much you'd use just buying dupes to max out the ability. Slightly less.

I feel the best bet is to get them non-maxed-boost, level the ones you intend to use with seed cactuars so that you're continually getting seeds to boost your jobs, and then slowly work on the ability level via farming droppable cards and evolving them.

(e.g. if you ticket the 3* Blizzara card, farm enemies with "Lesser Blizzara", evolve them to 3* so it becomes Blizzara, then feed those. Long, tedious process, requires clearing the main story for feature unlocks)

Holy shit, that's a revelation right there. Now I have something to work towards.

I think it says somewhere in the game that "you must upgrade this card with a duplicate" on the rare ones, which is pretty misleading if you can also do it this way.

Does it have to be the exact same skill? (eg. Warrior single target Fire attack, Ranger or Mage single target fire skills won't work to upgrade it?)

2ijhxAf.png

Jeez what is it with FF taking hindu gods and then whitewashing them in their portraits lol.

_ _ _ _ _

Gonna download the game soon, hope it's good!

duckroll

I think this game is pretty shit. It's very pretty, the music's rad, but it feels like there's nothing to it. The design is shockingly similar to FFXIII in that regard, where it feels like a bunch of cutscenes and straight paths tied together by battles. But unlike FFXIII, the setting isn't interesting, the story isn't interesting, the battles aren't even that fun. There is zero variety in enemy types, which is poor even by mobile grind standards. The gamble system is crap too. I've pulled a 3-star card and a 4-star card, and I don't feel any thrill or excitement from it. Everything about the game screams that they spent a ton of money making it, and it shows, but it's just missing the element which hooks me. Even KH Unchained Chi was better at that. Big fat meh.

https://www.facebook.com/MobiusFinalFantasy/
There is going to be an update that removes magicite expiring.

Also they gaffed up on the distiller. It says once every 8 minutes but it's actually once every 10 minutes. Still a daily rate of 144 so if the pack stays at 3k you can use free magicite to get it every month.

The catch? The live date has not been determined.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That's great news! At least they seem responsive.

Widge

The gamble system is crap too.

What gamble system?
(I feel like I'm missing loads on this game)

ANYWAY, I’ve put some bog standard cards out (dupe) and am levelling them to use in fusion together, just so I can see what happens. I’m not going to use any of the special materials on these.

Spent all my tickets on uber cards too, so everyone has a spread of awesome.

Razmos

Fantastic news about the magicite. So if I accept the magicite every day then I can buy the gift box every month at no extra cost. Awesome.

Z3M0G

Wow, branching paths and the need to actually search for and hunt down a monster! I'm really loving this game! Easily turning out to be the best F2P mobile game I've played to date.

I realize too why the card collecting is so addictive, it is the fact that you get the cards OF the monsters you kill... it's like collecting souls in the Castlevania Sorrow games. Each enemy soul gives you an ability. But you also get duplicates to fuse and power them up along the way.

This game DESTROYS my G6S battery, but I don't even care. I charge often anyways.

I think this game is pretty shit. It's very pretty, the music's rad, but it feels like there's nothing to it. The design is shockingly similar to FFXIII in that regard, where it feels like a bunch of cutscenes and straight paths tied together by battles. But unlike FFXIII, the setting isn't interesting, the story isn't interesting, the battles aren't even that fun. There is zero variety in enemy types, which is poor even by mobile grind standards. The gamble system is crap too. I've pulled a 3-star card and a 4-star card, and I don't feel any thrill or excitement from it. Everything about the game screams that they spent a ton of money making it, and it shows, but it's just missing the element which hooks me. Even KH Unchained Chi was better at that. Big fat meh.

Valid complaints, but I'm not holding it to the standards of FFXIII since that is a full console game. As a F2P mobile game this is quite impressive. It's like a small scale mix of FF and Warframe. And I'm not holding the issues with the gotcha elements against it because I find the game impressive outside of those elements. I appreciate that I'm exploring a map (now access to 2 maps), even if it is by a grid/path system. It is still rather open, needing to move around or teleport to major locations to get around quicker. I'm also playing on hard which gives it quite a challenge and makes it more satisfying to take down a boss. I usually need to grind just a little bit and then make good decisions during the fight. I love the combat system.

Dragner

The magicite gain is still laughable comparing to Japan and prices are still doubled...but something is something I guess.

xxczx

I don't understand how the element orbs in battles work. Is it completely random what you get or is it in relation to your skillspeeds?

Like, I'll get tons of wind orbs even though I have no wind abilities equipped or facing any monsters where resistance does anything. I do element drive to reduce the chance of getting them but it's still annoying.

Majukun

so,i made a job summon,that explicitly says that it's gonna give me a job i don't already have...and it gave me a job i already had

what's up with that?
The game is somewhat challenging ? or this pretty easy like any other gotcha type game ?

really easy apart from some bosses,at least at chapter 1..but since it's orb based,it depends on luck

Widge

I'm liking Auto. I'm sitting here with the phone on my desk as I work, depleting available stamina, letting my guy fight through the icy tower place you go to early on.

Z3M0G

The game is somewhat challenging ? or this pretty easy like any other gotcha type game ?

You can change difficulty to hard, and it is quite satisfying.

I don't know if you get any type of XP boost for playing on hard though... or anything else...?

Z3M0G

I'm liking Auto. I'm sitting here with the phone on my desk as I work, depleting available stamina, letting my guy fight through the icy tower place you go to early on.

I'm doing the same. Just moving around the map leveling up my jobs a bit and unlocking new jobs. On Hard I have hit a bit of a difficulty wall, but I don't wanna bump back down to Easy if I can help it...

Thank goodness I found the fast speed option. Of all the things to not tutorial (along with hard difficulty).

You can change difficulty to hard, and it is quite satisfying.

I don't know if you get any type of XP boost for playing on hard though... or anything else...?
The maps go up in difficulty so that gives a bonus to skillseeds earned and you'll get higher scores which can help you climb ranking...if that does anything yet.

so,i made a job summon,that explicitly says that it's gonna give me a job i don't already have...and it gave me a job i already had

what's up with that?
As you upgrade it you'll start to see differences like weapons it gains and its stats tend to be more offensive than the starter version of it. It is a bit of a cop-out though. A job you don't already have being very similar to a job you already have.

Falk

that puzzling face

what's up with that?

The base jobs upgrade to basically pariah versions of the 'real' ones, that you can pull out of the gacha.

You (apparently) cannot pull a dupe of a 'real' job that you already have. But there's going to be overlap between those and the pariah versions.

SoulUnison

Banned
Is it just me or is the "Friend Refresh" button nonresponsive, like, 9/10 times?

You can mash it, see it visually react to being touched...But it just doesn't actually "work" until it arbitrarily "feels" like it.

Ok so just put in some time on this

Really fun mobile game. Like the combat and mechanics

Shame its such a battery hog though. Keeps it from being an impulse mobile game like Exvius. Seems better suited for tablet couch gaming.

Anyone know how much data it pulls?

Uthred

The base jobs upgrade to basically pariah versions of the 'real' ones, that you can pull out of the gacha.

You (apparently) cannot pull a dupe of a 'real' job that you already have. But there's going to be overlap between those and the pariah versions.

The Onion Knight versions of the jobs are more defensive versions with less optimised skill grids, not total bullshit versions. So they probably do fine for most/all current content.

Skyo

Guys, I need help. How do I beat the wind boss in chapter 2. Im a lv72 warrior but I cant get wind seeds which makes it so difficult :/

SoulUnison

Banned
So once I have one of a card maxed out and Favorited it's safe to set it to Auto-Sell so I don't have to deal with duplicates from there on out, right?

Or is there another reason to save farmable Ability Cards you already have a maxed version of?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is this fully played offline?

Victrix

*beard*
So once I have one of a card maxed out and Favorited it's safe to set it to Auto-Sell so I don't have to deal with duplicates from there on out, right?

Or is there another reason to save farmable Ability Cards you already have a maxed version of?

Feed them to other same element cards to raise their skillseed level

Did you Augment it too?

Falk

that puzzling face
Am I understanding this wrong, but when you e.g. evolve a Grudge Shaman from 1* to 2*, all future Grudge Shamans have a (smaller) chance of dropping a 2* card outright, and so on and so forth?

Because if so, the Blizzara (or w/e) grind might be a lot shorter than expected. Random, but still shorter.

Edit: To answer my own question a 3* Grudge Shaman card just dropped wholesale. I upgraded one to 3* prior. *woo*

Zafir

Does anyone else get some weird graphical glitches in the desert? By that I mean there's black artifacts sometimes on the sand. Didn't have that problem in chapter 1 or in any other games.

ZangBa

Is there a list anywhere of where I can find specific lesser abilities? I want to start grinding out lesser abilities so I can max out my 3* abilities.

Kouriozan

Chapter 1 & 2 100% done, I'm ready for next week's event, gonna farm skillseeds while waiting.

BCJ8PESl.jpg

I was scared to not have enough crystals but the chests and achievements give tons of those. Heard you can also get it from the bosses that appear randomly on the map.

Top Bottom