• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 6 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wish they did a double like BBT did

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
and yes they need to found something new for Mitch/Cam.

They've hit a brickwall for the two of them. Their stories are absolutely awful now, it's the same regurgitated bullshit over and over again.

The other two sub-plots were hilarious, though.

Vert boil

Very good start to the season.

modern4zqd6y.gif

modern27xyik.gif

Phil popping his head up

Downhome

Well alrighty then.

The other day my wife wanted to watch a random movie on Netflix so she picked 10 Rules for Sleeping Around. It features Reid Ewing (Dylan from Modern Family) in a very, ummm, interesting role.

If any of you guys have ever wanted to see just about every inch of him for almost two hours then this is the movie for you. If you have ever wanted to see him tarred and feathered then this is the movie for you. If you've ever wanted to see a dog lick his butthole, and then even possibly penetrate it, then boy is this the movie for you. I totally never wanted to see any of that, but there it was, right on film. WTF.

One of the worst movies we have ever seen, my lord.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well alrighty then.

The other day my wife wanted to watch a random movie on Netflix so she picked 10 Rules for Sleeping Around. It features Reid Ewing (Dylan from Modern Family) in a very, ummm, interesting role.

If any of you guys have ever wanted to see just about every inch of him for almost two hours then this is the movie for you. If you have ever wanted to see him tarred and feathered then this is the movie for you. If you've ever wanted to see a dog lick his butthole, and then even possibly penetrate it, then boy is this the movie for you. I totally never wanted to see any of that, but there it was, right on film. WTF.

One of the worst movies we have ever seen, my lord.

What the...

mantidor

Yeah it was pretty weak.

People turning dumb for the sake of a joke was poorly thought I think. I get Luke and Haily but how could someone like Phil who is obsessed about a new iPad or its called by his father-in-law to install a printer not know that camera was on or how to turn off a computer, not to mention use a fire extinguisher. Claire is no dumb either, people just felt out of character.

Oh and Mitch was kind of an ass.

G0523

Really? I thought Cam was waaay too overbearing (as usual). Showing that kind of PDA at his new job like that?! That's so embarrassing! And all of the daily gifts and flowers and smothering affection?! Good God he is so fucking needy! And the fact that Mitch mentioned to Cam to turn it down a little bit made him storm off and get all angry and resentful. What an asshole! Fuck Cam, he's awful. He can't take criticism at all. What kind of a person is that?!

AlphaSnake

Yeah it was pretty weak.

People turning dumb for the sake of a joke was poorly thought I think. I get Luke and Haily but how could someone like Phil who is obsessed about a new iPad or its called by his father-in-law to install a printer not know that camera was on or how to turn off a computer, not to mention use a fire extinguisher. Claire is no dumb either, people just felt out of character.

Agreed with you until the last sentence...

Really? I thought Cam was waaay too overbearing (as usual). Showing that kind of PDA at his new job like that?! That's so embarrassing! And all of the daily gifts and flowers and smothering affection?! Good God he is so fucking needy! And the fact that Mitch mentioned to Cam to turn it down a little bit made him storm off and get all angry and resentful. What an asshole! Fuck Cam, he's awful. He can't take criticism at all. What kind of a person is that?!

Yep. Spot on. Cam is becoming a caricature. A really bad one. They're stereotyping gays as overtly sensitive drama queens now.

Yeah it was pretty weak.

I dunno man. Cam always seems to come across as one these days. Especially in this episode.

Finally got to watch it tonight. It was alright. I liked it, except the Cam/Mitch parts. The same fights are getting old. I think it'd be more interesting to see them get along at this point honestly.

leng jai

I actually enjoyed the first episode. Cam and Mitchell have been terrible for a few seasons now, all their arches are so predictable and they behaviour is so over the top it's just cringeworthy now.

It's been a bit tired for a while now. The first two series were brilliant. Since then it's gotten a little stale. Everyone has become a caricature of themselves rather than just developing naturally.

I still really hate Claire. From the very beginning I thought Julie Bowen was over acting to the point of nausea, but with each passing episode she seems to be getting worse and worse. Definitely the weak link for me. It's like she has been picked out of some crappy 70s sitcom and placed into this, and she just feels so out of place. But, to my surprise, I'm the only one who thinks this. People seem to love her. Very strange.

Why are Cam and Mitch even a thing? Every single episode they argue. Every. Single. Episode. Break up, do us all a favour.

I want to see a series with Jay, Phil, Luke, Manny and Lily on a road trip or something. Just those five. Maybe Hayley as well, to get Manny flustered. The rest can go.

leng jai

It's kind of ridiculous that there's an 8 year age difference between Haley and Alex. They come across as the same age almost.

T.O.P

Banned
Will watch the episode later tonight, Cam/Mitch becoming repetitive is something i was scared about

Cam is too much of a whiny bitch imo

T.O.P

Banned
Pretty solid start for the season, online prostitutes and Cinemax lmao
The Mitch/Cam situation wasn't as bad as i thought reading this thread lol
It's pretty much on line with their relationship but i'm hoping for less arguments (and less drama Cam) as the season goes and more Lily screen time

Sofia without make up is still so damn beautiful yo, Jesse looking amazing as always <3

Feels good to be back

krae_man

Yeah I'm getting tired of "Cam acts like a total moron and storms off when Mitchell nicely asks him to knock it off" storylines.

Alex's story though. "We just got free Cinimax" :lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I personally didn't get the "We just got free Cinemax!" bit. The Dunphy's are pretty well do to so I always assumed they had the Super Deluxe Cable/Satellite package that included HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz.

DizzyCrow

Synopsis for tomorrow's episode:

It's Jay and Gloria's anniversary and they can't seem to get on the same page on what kind of gift to give - sentimental or expensive? The Dunphys head to Caltech for Alex's college tour and while Claire is busy convincing her to choose this school and stay close to home, Phil, Luke and Haley branch off to participate in a psyche experiment. Mitch and Cam are taking a new family portrait with Lily to replace the old one above their mantel, but Lily gives some serious face.

G0523

Synopsis for tomorrow's episode:

It's Jay and Gloria's anniversary and they can't seem to get on the same page on what kind of gift to give - sentimental or expensive? The Dunphys head to Caltech for Alex's college tour and while Claire is busy convincing her to choose this school and stay close to home, Phil, Luke and Haley branch off to participate in a psyche experiment. Mitch and Cam are taking a new family portrait with Lily to replace the old one above their mantel, but Lily gives some serious face.

Let's play "predict what's going to happen":

Jay and Gloria get each other something both sentimental AND expensive.
Alex will choose the close-to-home school and the others will be deemed geniuses from their experiment.
Lily will smile at the end.

DizzyCrow

Let's play "predict what's going to happen":

Jay and Gloria get each other something both sentimental AND expensive.
Alex will choose the close-to-home school and the others will be deemed geniuses from their experiment.
Lily will smile at the end.
Gloria or Jay will buy both, will receive the present from the other and then give one accordingly.
When Alex finally accept Claire whining, Phil, Haley and Luke will cause mayhem drugged, changing Alex mind.
Cam and Mitch will fight about the photo until Lily do something better.

Edit

This episode was better than the premiere even though it was predictable, also they may have hinted how they will keep Alex on the show even after going to college.

G0523

This episode was better than the premiere even though it was predictable, also they may have hinted how they will keep Alex on the show even after going to college.

Okay so I lost. Meh, it was still a predictableish episode. I really hated Phil, Luke, and Haley's story. They really made me notice that they were acting. Not good from an Emmy-award winning show. Especially Luke. It just seemed like he was reading his lines.

Mitch and Cam's story was nonexistant. But at least they didn't fight with each other! Really bad to see that they practically encourage Lily being overdramatic. Not a good quality to have but it should be no surprise considering how overdramatic they are.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I don't know if this show was ever funny, or has just gotten worse over the years, but I used to be so excited for a new Modern Family. I didn't laugh once tonight, and actually got bored and went to my computer while watching. Only reason I watch now is for Gloria/Cam and the fact that nothing else is on Wednesdays *sigh*

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I liked Claire and Alex's storyline but I thought the others were blah. I did also really like Haley's (surprisingly self aware) speech about being a failure, but unfortunately it was wrapped up in that dumb experiment plot with Luke and Phil.

The thing with Lily giving a weird smile is funny because I did that a few times when I was a kid, but instead of tiptoeing around me like Cam and Mitch did with Lily, my parents just told me flat out that it was ugly and to cut it out. lol :(
To this day I still can't properly smile in photos...

Mmm, not really a good episode. Cam and Mitch's storyline was non-existent, Gloria and Jay felt like a repeat of a previous episode and the Dunphy's was a little bit boring.

This season missed its start, I hope they can turn things around in the next episode.

Bladenic

Am I the only one who noticed Cam's awkward face in the photo first? Didn't even realize it was meant to be about Lily till they pointed it out. That was an awful plot though, by far my least favorite characters on the show (especially Cam, hate him).

DizzyCrow

Today's episode:

The Cold
Phil is putting together Mitch and Cam's wedding video for a special family screening, but when the footage reveals that he is responsible for a horrible cold that has plagued the family, he must do some creative editing. Jay and Gloria have different ways of helping Manny cope with the stresses of high school football, while coach Cam struggles between whether or not to bench him. And, Mitchell gets strangely competitive with Lily's new friend, Sydney, who is clearly a genius.

Am I the only one who noticed Cam's awkward face in the photo first? Didn't even realize it was meant to be about Lily till they pointed it out. That was an awful plot though, by far my least favorite characters on the show (especially Cam, hate him).
I normally love Mitch and Cam but their storyline these past two episodes have been a bummer. What parent thinks their kid is ruining a family portrait? And with the week's prior clingy Cam. It was just too much.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah my parents had to repeatedly tell me to smile properly through childhood.
I've really only learnt in the last year or two how to put on a nice photo smile

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Best episode of the season so far. Claire grabbing the pebbles and throwing them across the room to distract her client was great and I liked the ending where Mitchell looked at the video of himself dancing with a horrified look on his face.

Yeah my parents had to repeatedly tell me to smile properly through childhood.

*hug*

I've really only learnt in the last year or two how to put on a nice photo smile

I still haven't learned. ;__;

DizzyCrow

Good episode, Phil and Luke editing the video was hilarious. I would really like some character development for Alex, she need something to do besides freak out about school and snarky comments about her family.

AlphaSnake

Good episode, but once again Mitchell comes off as an ass. Both characters need to be brought back to reality, although Cam was decent this episode.

And dammit Hailey looked good...

Yup, really solid episode. Nice to see they kept Adam on board.

Andy.

Enco

:lol I thought the same.

Good episode, finally had some laughs. Phil and Luke were great, also enjoyed Cam in his role as football coach.

Really hoped that Alex and Haley would change sweaters, but alas :(

I posted this awhile back:

"I still really hate Claire. From the very beginning I thought Julie Bowen was over acting to the point of nausea, but with each passing episode she seems to be getting worse and worse."

This latest episode highlights this FACT (I've capitalised the word so it can't be refuted) even further.

Linius

Good episode, but once again Mitchell comes off as an ass. Both characters need to be brought back to reality, although Cam was decent this episode.

And dammit Hailey looked good...

Andy.

His name is Adam DeVine. I'm glad they kept him, the actor, around. I wasn't sure if we were going to see him again.

AlphaSnake

His name is Adam DeVine. I'm glad they kept him, the actor, around. I wasn't sure if we were going to see him again.

Oh, haha yeah. I'm glad he's around too - it's funny to see him outside of his common roles as a dudebro. Even though I still do love Workaholics.

Taruranto

This episode had some great lines. Definitely an improvement over the first 2 awful ones.

Puberty hit Luke's actor hard, btw. How old is he suppose to be in the show now?

AlphaSnake

14-15 I think?

Yeah, he's supposed to be a year younger than Alex.

In reality, he's actually 1 year older than Ariel Winter - which is why it looks like 'puberty' hit him hard and quick. He's already 16 in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom