• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 6 |OT| Wednesdays 9/8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Excuse me, did the coach give you the courage to come out?
Hayley's meltdown at the end was brilliant

mantidor

"Now you sound like the stupid one" lol the tutor was hot but even his spanish had a few hiccups.

I loved Haly's meltdown, it was so... dumphy-like.

mantidor

The episode had its moments, but once again Mitch and Cam's story was the weakest.

Mitch and Cam's sketches remind me a lot about old comedy sketches like Lucy, or I Dream of Jennie, or Bewitched. Seriously all they are missing is separate beds :p It's like they want to please the older and conservative audience by giving the gay couple familiar humor, but it clashes with rest of the show a little bit.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh and it was nice to see mark from ugly betty again
always liked his character in that and I dont think Ive ever seen him in anything else

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The show has run out of things to do for Cam and Mitch. But they're also rehashing Jay and Gloria issues as well. Jay's jealousy and being old, compared to a younger person. And Gloria always complaining about her roots and not being able to relate. We've seen it all.

The Dunphys are easier to write about because there is a lot more going on there - numerous kids, more evolution to be had, deeper backgrounds to dive into and more territory to explore as a result of that.

This show is A LOT better when they mix and match the families. Even though the last episode was good, the best episodes are usually the ones where the characters are mixed around, as opposed to the families being segregated like this episode was.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This show is A LOT better when they mix and match the families. Even though the last episode was good, the best episodes are usually the ones where the characters are mixed around, as opposed to the families being segregated like this episode was.

Agreed. Their regular formula got stale a couple seasons ago. They need to, like, bankrupt all three families and have them all move into the same house or something.

"I just can't believe I slipped in one of Gloria's dress.
- Relax, it's a maternity poncho."

Maybe it's still too early in the season to make statements, but I'm starting to hope that this is the last season. There have been funny episodes, but the others (like this one) are average. The storyline where everybody is trying to hide something is stale. I'm guessing that the rest of the season will have some memorable moments, but I can't see a future for this show after this season.

krae_man

LlWrTKU.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im really enjoying this season, I know its cool to hate on MF but I still dig it. Also, last week when the fashion guy told Hayley she had the biggest eyes ever and looked like a disney character come to life (or something to that effect) I internally screamed THANK YOU

dont get me wrong, shes gorgeous, but yeah, she looks like a cartoon :p

G0523

"I just can't believe I slipped in one of Gloria's dress.
- Relax, it's a maternity poncho."

Maybe it's still too early in the season to make statements, but I'm starting to hope that this is the last season. There have been funny episodes, but the others (like this one) are average. The storyline where everybody is trying to hide something is stale. I'm guessing that the rest of the season will have some memorable moments, but I can't see a future for this show after this season.

It's definitely not the last season but I agree with you for the most part. I did like that eventually it all got very Frasierian (that's a word, right?) but I still felt Frasier did it better. Lol.

"Of course not. Haley isn't the only hottie living here.
I washed the car in my cheer shorts the other day.
I definitely felt eyes on me."

Is it me or does Luke barely get screentime?

Matt_

Great episode, cracking up all the way through

leng jai

"Of course not. Haley isn't the only hottie living here.
I washed the car in my cheer shorts the other day.
I definitely felt eyes on me."

Is it me or does Luke barely get screentime?

Perhaps it's because he's less appealing now at this age. Same thing goes for Manny.

Pretty good episode, especially the scene in Alex's bedroom.

Matt_

Perhaps it's because he's less appealing now at this age. Same thing goes for Manny.

Pretty good episode, especially the scene in Alex's bedroom.

Yeah, he's too old for all the stupid stuff and they have Manny do all of the girl chasing so they cant do that for him as well.

A british show called outnumbered (it is hilarious, I do strongly recommend, it's on UK netfilx) had the same issue where the first few seasons were great because they essentially gave the kids free range but as they got older the formula stopped working as well.

I hope they find something for him to do because he's a good character and I like the actor

AlphaSnake

They should have Luke unexpectedly accelerate academically (like the actor in real life) and allow him to jump into college early. It'll create some hilarity and tension between him and Alex. It'd be funny if one day he just brought him a report card full of As and A+s and started complaining about being bored in school, all the while maintaining his goofy character and persona (like Phil), but secretly a genius boiling within. It would essentially make a savant in many ways, all the while keeping him grounded in others.

Linius

They should have Luke unexpectedly accelerate academically (like the actor in real life) and allow him to jump into college early. It'll create some hilarity and tension between him and Alex. It'd be funny if one day he just brought him a report card full of As and A+s and started complaining about being bored in school, all the while maintaining his goofy character and persona (like Phil), but secretly a genius boiling within. It would essentially make a savant in many ways, all the while keeping him grounded in others.

Wait what, I see he graduated high school at 13. I'm not completely informed on the US schooling system, but aren't you supposed to be around 16/17 when graduating high school? Kid genius.

Wait what, I see he graduated high school at 13. I'm not completely informed on the US schooling system, but aren't you supposed to be around 16/17 when graduating high school? Kid genius.
More like 17/18. And yeah I remember seeing a doc that said he was super smart.

scarlet

Nolan Gould is a member of Mensa,[5][6] and as of 2012, had accelerated ten grades in school.[6] He stated on The Ellen Degeneres Show that he has an IQ of 150. During the 2012 summer, at age 13, he graduated from high school by taking a General Educational Development (GED) Test and said he hopes to take online college courses.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Gould

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thought that was one of the better episodes this season. I loved that Haley backed out of getting a tattoo after Claire already went through with getting hers. I also really liked Lily's explanation of how babies are made. lol

AlphaSnake

Joe Manganiello is Sofia Vergara's boyfriend?

What a lucky, extremely handsome, well built, chiseled motherfucker.

Matt_

Joe Manganiello is Sofia Vergara's boyfriend?

What a lucky, extremely handsome, well built, chiseled motherfucker.

godly children
not a single bad flaw between them

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol I liked the recent episode. I find Alex hotter than Helly.

And luke and mani are hilarious as usual.

Linius

Love how they connected everything. I did notice the skater in the bit where Cam steps out of Phil's car. But I failed to see it was Mitchell up on till the reveal :lol

AlphaSnake

Cam being turned on by Phil was hilarious.

Phil going stone cold was awesome.

Love how they connected everything. I did notice the skater in the bit where Cam steps out of Phil's car. But I failed to see it was Mitchell up on till the reveal :lol

Hahaha, there were numerous other scenes you see him in too. It was pretty obvious. :p

mantidor

Reminded me of a Simpsons episode.

I like Gloria's and Manny's story the most, the other people were way out of character, even with a death scare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom