• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 v 2 Alpha is now LIVE on PLAYSTATION

Fake

The game look a bit soft in comparison with WW2 and not that smoth, but still impressive.
Hope they get better in launch.

Matchmaking seems to have crashed.

Only played a few games but gun play feels really good, love the sounds.

This mode though is total garbage and cant wait for the beta.

Apocryphon

This is far better than i had imagined!

Graphically it's nice but a little blurry. Wonder how much sharper the X version will be? Either way it's a very nice looking game.

Feels like CoD4 in areas but it's much more fluid. Movement and weapons feel amazing. All the guns feel really powerful... i'm loving it. The pistols and shotguns in particular feel wonderful.

I'm completely sold on this game,

This is far better than i had imagined!

Graphically it's nice but a little blurry. Wonder how much sharper the X version will be? Either way it's a very nice looking game.

Feels like CoD4 in areas but it's much more fluid. Movement and weapons feel amazing. All the guns feel really powerful... i'm loving it. The pistols and shotguns in particular feel wonderful.

I'm completely sold on this game,

Have been seeing people saying its in 1080p even on Pro.

Mikey Jr.

Feels really good, looks good, sounds good.
Everything feels grounded, if that word has any meaning anymore.

Having said that, this 2v2 mode sucks ass through a straw. No interest in some random teammate who usually has only 1 kill by the end, and having to switch to guns I could not give 1 eff about.

Deleted the game, will try it again when another mode comes out, if they have one.

Apocryphon

Feels really good, looks good, sounds good.
Everything feels grounded, if that word has any meaning anymore.

Having said that, this 2v2 mode sucks ass through a straw. No interest in some random teammate who usually has only 1 kill by the end, and having to switch to guns I could not give 1 eff about.

Deleted the game, will try it again when another mode comes out, if they have one.

I mean... regular CoD multiplayer is fucking trash so this is a nice breath of fresh air.

Mikey Jr.

I mean... regular CoD multiplayer is fucking trash so this is a nice breath of fresh air.

The 2v2?

Not saying they should get rid of it, but I don't want to have to rely on a random player to be able to pull their weight.

I'll definitely come back when they put out the MP that the streamers were playing.

Apocryphon

The 2v2?

Not saying they should get rid of it, but I don't want to have to rely on a random player to be able to pull their weight.

I'll definitely come back when they put out the MP that the streamers were playing.

Yeah, it reminds me of Siege.

I always liked Gun Master in BF3 so I don't even mind the random weapon setups.

Fake

One tip: when you enter in the map (the time count until you can move) make sure, if you want, reduce to zero the 'film grain'.
The game keep put film grain in default even if you put 0. They need to adress that.

M.W.

You can also “super sprint” if you double click the joystick down. This causes your weapon to be drawn slower if you suddenly see an enemy.

Fake

You can also “super sprint” if you double click the joystick down. This causes your weapon to be drawn slower if you suddenly see an enemy.
You can also enable or disable 'sprint cancel' (don't remember if is this the real name) with make your sprint cancel your reload. If you disable, you need to wait reload before run.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Played a bunch of matches with a friend. Had a lot of fun with it. Weapons felt pretty good. Control and movement as well. Looking forward to the betas.

Cons: Movement feels a bit clunky at times. I feel like it's hard to transition after sprinting to aiming. Also, I wish the gun sounds were up to par with WW2.

Pros: idk why people are hating on 2v2, but it's something fresh. The guns all feel like they have weight and the animations and graphics are in point. Big fun factor here. Reminds me of when I played the COD4 Beta.

Fake

In the settings I saw sound options for audio:

TV1
TV2
TV3

Wonder if this have something with TV brand, at least TV speakers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like this Call of Duty game is gonna be sweet. Probably the most hype and good impressions from any Call of Duty game since maybe Black Ops 2.

last i played was black ops 2. i used to be a bitch, LMG and Target finder.

absolutely the cheapest shit. lmao google LMG+ target finder. people hate it so much. didn't even know it was a popular thing until years after I quit the game, ngl I had like insane KD/A with it and I was awful.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

absolutely the cheapest shit. lmao google LMG+ target finder. people hate it so much.
LOL. In Black Ops 2, I was one of the assholes using FAL and upgrading it to automatic. Killing people from across the map with laser accurate 2-bullet kills.

They fucking nerfed it twice with much more recoil. Damn! lol

I just did a google search for LMG + TF and the first search article was this:

And the first video was this. LOL

Last edited:
Cons: Movement feels a bit clunky at times. I feel like it's hard to transition after sprinting to aiming. Also, I wish the gun sounds were up to par with WW2.

I think this is a deliberate change. Together with doors, the lack of perks like Gung Ho and negatives to taking the ADS speed attachments (quickdraw/stock) - this game is going to feel pretty different.

Last edited:

decisions

I have no idea why they decided to make this game mode the one to give people their first impressions, but hey I'm excited to try it anyways!

Download will finish in 10 minutes.

Tesseract

Banned

Pros: idk why people are hating on 2v2, but it's something fresh. The guns all feel like they have weight and the animations and graphics are in point. Big fun factor here. Reminds me of when I played the COD4 Beta.

i barfed

Thabass

It's good. Really good. Guns feel weighty and the feedback when bullets hit is astounding. Other sound effect like sub machine bullets whizzing by and inside buildings feel very good. The movement is much heavier too, at least in Gunfight and it's really refreshing for a change. The guns have their own types of full auto to like the L86 (FAMAS). Feels like it takes a slight second for the bullet to come out, but it feels very good to me. Maybe that will be fixed in later versions.

2 vs 2 is the best mode in an FPS in a long time. Tension feels great and there's no fucking kill streaks. Gun vs. Gun. I love it.

Apocryphon

absolutely the cheapest shit. lmao google LMG+ target finder. people hate it so much. didn't even know it was a popular thing until years after I quit the game, ngl I had like insane KD/A with it and I was awful.

See that just sounds nasty...

I played CoD2, MW, Black Ops, and MW2 and then gave up on the series.

I did buy Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare but outside of a few half decent matches in Advanced Warfare I only really spent any time with the campaigns.

I own BO4 but have only played Blackout.

I loved BF3 and had lots of fun with BF4 and BF1. BFV doesn't do anything for me and Siege is getting tedious now so I'm hoping that this game will provide me with some longevity. I like the way it feels and looks... it has a lot of promise.

This game, and particularly this mode feels like it's part Siege part Counter Strike. I'm looking forward to the beta and getting into more traditional style matches but I will definitely spend some time in this mode too when the game releases.

I think the game mode is trash.

Everything else feels and looks good. Except the jumping. Jumping in this game looks super out of place.

Top Bottom