• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2022 Beta Discussion Thread

Winter John

Gold Member
Last COD I played was the WW2 one. I watched some of that reveal show to see how it is these days. Those players were bouncing around killing enemies before I'd even spotted them. They were like squirrels on speed. Eventually I realized those guys were the best in the world, so of course they weren't representative of how the game is played by actual humans. Yesterday I went looking for streamers who didn't have many viewers, thinking that they'd be more old guy, no reflexes, peering at the screen level. Wrong. They were zooming around like maniacs with their crosshairs in 20 places at once too. I can't compete with that shit. Activision needs to make a game for vets. Maybe have 1 semi auto rifle with a 5ft range. Maps with no corners. 8ft player models that glow bright red. No running or sliding. A 4 minute bathroom break at the end of each round. I think I could get on that leaderboard.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Last COD I played was the WW2 one. I watched some of that reveal show to see how it is these days. Those players were bouncing around killing enemies before I'd even spotted them. They were like squirrels on speed. Eventually I realized those guys were the best in the world, so of course they weren't representative of how the game is played by actual humans. Yesterday I went looking for streamers who didn't have many viewers, thinking that they'd be more old guy, no reflexes, peering at the screen level. Wrong. They were zooming around like maniacs with their crosshairs in 20 places at once too. I can't compete with that shit. Activision needs to make a game for vets. Maybe have 1 semi auto rifle with a 5ft range. Maps with no corners. 8ft player models that glow bright red. No running or sliding. A 4 minute bathroom break at the end of each round. I think I could get on that leaderboard.
Three words

Hell Let Loose

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Three words

Hell Let Loose
I second this give Hell Let Loose a look

COD is built around the esports scene with fast movement and a lot of action where as HLL is very slow and methodical

The more I played this beta the more I feel I have played this game as it just feels like a DLC for some other COD

I really don't like this new perk system as well.

Really hope by the end of the beta we get to try Ground War and that Invasion mode as those are the ones I am interested in

Man I was hoping they would have DMZ gameplay in the reveal trailer. Game looks ok and warzone looks like warzone so I hope DMZ is something fresh.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I tried Hell Let Loose. I was running through woods for about 10 minutes looking for the action. Then I got shot out of nowhere and had to go do it all again.
The very reason it makes that game intense you pay for mistakes

COD is all about spawn/shoot/die/rinse/repeat

HLL is about working with squad mates and how you are going to attack or defend points

HLL really shines when you have a leader who knows what he is doing and a squad who talks

I love playing anti tank as to me its a nice rush to navigate getting into position and put an RPG into the ass of a tank and hearing that big explosion

For me nothing in COD replicates that

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Lmk if you find a way to get the Tactical equipment seringe lol 😂
Looks like the syringe unlocks at level 19 and at the NEXT event everyone was level 30 so it was unlocked.

I saw one person was level 19 in the beta but was a glitch so not sure if some of those people who glitched might still have access to it as I saw a lot of people at level 16 last night while I am still stuck at 15

Chronicle

The very reason it makes that game intense you pay for mistakes

COD is all about spawn/shoot/die/rinse/repeat

HLL is about working with squad mates and how you are going to attack or defend points

HLL really shines when you have a leader who knows what he is doing and a squad who talks

I love playing anti tank as to me its a nice rush to navigate getting into position and put an RPG into the ass of a tank and hearing that big explosion

For me nothing in COD replicates that
That still doesn't negative the fact that this poster ran for 10 min got shot and had to do it again. Who enjoys that?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That still doesn't negative the fact that this poster ran for 10 min got shot and had to do it again. Who enjoys that?
Well there are a few things wrong with the game he was in if he had to run that far and when I join games that look like that I usually find a more competitive game

But to answer your question I enjoy hunting the outskirts of these massive maps and killing those trying to flank and forcing them back into those said long runs

In turn I don't mind making those long runs every once in awhile but that usually means I made a mistake or just flat out played

If running long distances and getting shot isnt your cup of tea then avoid HLL

There is no kill cam heck there isn't even a kill feed to let you know for sure you killed someone unless you hear the ding of a helmet hit

SLB1904

Banned
I tried Hell Let Loose. I was running through woods for about 10 minutes looking for the action. Then I got shot out of nowhere and had to go do it all again.
My experience as well lol

I feel like you need friends.alth9ugh the random were pretty communicative

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My favorite map is Mercado, then Rail, then Hotel. Hotel is very tough and reminiscent of the supermarket in MW2019. Not a fan. Mercado is excellent though I have the layout memorized now.

I highly recommend using Smoke Grenades in Prisoner Rescue. I never use Smoke nades in cod but here they actually help with chokepoints, or if you want to go rez an ally who’s out in the open.

The FTAC sounds amazing. But I’m sticking with base M4 for now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
M16 is pure garbage
Up close is a beast but any kind of range and its going to lose against any auto weapon
My favorite map is Mercado, then Rail, then Hotel. Hotel is very tough and reminiscent of the supermarket in MW2019. Not a fan. Mercado is excellent though I have the layout memorized now.

I highly recommend using Smoke Grenades in Prisoner Rescue. I never use Smoke nades in cod but here they actually help with chokepoints, or if you want to go rez an ally who’s out in the open.

The FTAC sounds amazing. But I’m sticking with base M4 for now.
The base M4 is nice but my favorite is the Hurrican gun just fries pulled off my longest kill streak yet with it in TDM at 15

Aure

Banned
As expected gun sounds are top notch when it comes from Infinity Ward.
Effects have also been improved.
I can't wait to play this, damn shame we don't get this beta for us who pre-ordered on PC.

3liteDragon

I second this give Hell Let Loose a look

COD is built around the esports scene with fast movement and a lot of action where as HLL is very slow and methodical

The more I played this beta the more I feel I have played this game as it just feels like a DLC for some other COD

I really don't like this new perk system as well.

Really hope by the end of the beta we get to try Ground War and that Invasion mode as those are the ones I am interested in
Yea a lot of the impression videos I was watching mentioned that they fucked up the perk system & broke something that didn’t need fixing in the first place. They should just revert it back to the old way where you get the perks you set, this new way of charging each one up as the match goes on is RARELY gonna happen. Looks like they improved the map designs tho, looking forward to playing tomorrow.

It’s Warzone 2 right now that worries me, hopefully they address the general complaints before launch.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yesh the sweats and sbmm are in full force now.
Not going to buy this at all. No fun in any match and im not even good

Your choice and I respect that. But keep in mind right now you are playing against the most diehard fans who have been playing on console for 15 years, longer than some players have been alive. The people in your lobbies don’t boot up cod to relax after work, they boot up cod for the high octane clusterfuck. Also you are not “not good”, a single day isn’t enough to be good at anything so don’t beat yourself up :messenger_grinning:

II_JumPeR_I

Your choice and I respect that. But keep in mind right now you are playing against the most diehard fans who have been playing on console for 15 years, longer than some players have been alive. The people in your lobbies don’t boot up cod to relax after work, they boot up cod for the high octane clusterfuck. Also you are not “not good”, a single day isn’t enough to be good at anything so don’t beat yourself up :messenger_grinning:
Pls dont defend shitty sbmm

jorgejjvr

4RP8fAc.jpg

PSYGN

So does it play like classic MW2 or MW2019 with MW2 maps and guns? I don't like the weighty feel of MW2019+ and like the more snappy/fast/arcade-y feel of the CoD games before it.

Top Bottom