• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Early Copies Already Out Into the Wild, Patch Required to Get Past Main Title Screen

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

MastAndo

I haven't played a CoD game in ages, but I'm kind of intrigued....though maybe I'm missing something, but GAF has been pretty quiet about this one, despite it being a pretty major release. Is it too much of a sweaty brofest for our GAF sensibilities?

PsyEd

Tried the X version...seems they didn't spend that much time on optimising it as it looks a bit better than beta. SP has very noticeable frame rate drops and all modes still have vsync issues. MP is like xim or die more...and someone like me comfy in a couch with 75 inch...getting owned. Only played 20 mins of SP and it's good but no wow factors yet. Dolby Atmos delivers...hope my neighbours didn't wake up to gunshots and explosion noises going in my house. Well I have a weekend to kill...this game will my weapon of choice.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I haven't played a CoD game in ages, but I'm kind of intrigued....though maybe I'm missing something, but GAF has been pretty quiet about this one, despite it being a pretty major release. Is it too much of a sweaty brofest for our GAF sensibilities?

haven’t played a COD since Black Ops. I pulled the trigger on this for £35 as I enjoyed the beta. I’m not really in to shooters anymore. Too slow reflexes now and used to love battlefield but that changed after V.

I replayed modern warfare remastered and say what you will about what COD has become this looks like a return to form. Could never get in to the silly futuristic black ops and infinite warfare. Never picked them up so may have missed out. My gaming tastes have changed but I’m really looking forward to this for a bit of old fashioned fun. May get burn out but I’m sure I will get £35 worth of entertainment out of it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What's the question here? This proves developers aren't invincible, if a couple million gamers did this it could be fatal to the overall sales, and if that's the case it's a whole other thread.

Hell I got it. Its pick up and shoot shit. I love it. Mindless fun. If I could start a thread I would be searching for peeps on here to play with. I'm 44 and like to win but dont cry when I lose.... sometimes. Lol.

Justin9mm

Tried the X version...seems they didn't spend that much time on optimising it as it looks a bit better than beta. SP has very noticeable frame rate drops and all modes still have vsync issues. MP is like xim or die more...and someone like me comfy in a couch with 75 inch...getting owned. Only played 20 mins of SP and it's good but no wow factors yet. Dolby Atmos delivers...hope my neighbours didn't wake up to gunshots and explosion noises going in my house. Well I have a weekend to kill...this game will my weapon of choice.
That's not great to hear, I got an X and Pro and picked X for my copy over Pro. I was really hoping the X would be a more stable SP experience. I was watching the 4K Pro version of the single player campaign on youtube at 1440p on my 1440p monitor and it looked bloody fantastic so are you saying the X looks worse than this?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Absolutely epic game. Just finished the first mission. I have never seen a game that looks this good (Xbone X).

The HRD implementation is nuts. The sounds are incredible. The faces are Hollywood quality. We Detroit tier here.

Can’t wait to continue tomorrow

kingwingin

Gotta turn on variable refresh rate. Makes a huge difference

PsyEd

That's not great to hear, I got an X and Pro and picked X for my copy over Pro. I was really hoping the X would be a more stable SP experience. I was watching the 4K Pro version of the single player campaign on youtube at 1440p on my 1440p monitor and it looked bloody fantastic so are you saying the X looks worse than this?

It still does look great on my 75 inch TV with HDR in 4k but first few minutes into sp you will go through some places where lots going on and my eye can pick up that drop in fps when it's not smooth 60fps. And will repeat again in certain places. Prolly digital foundry or vgtech will do those comparison vids to show it.

Don't have it connected to a monitor so can't tell if on a smaller screen it will be less noticeable. Also my pc monitor has gsync...so not sure either that plugging X on a freesync monitor will remove the tearing completely. And in the sound dept...X gon give it to ya. My big hands sit well on the X controller than Ps4....that's the other reason I went with X.

Justin9mm

It still does look great on my 75 inch TV with HDR in 4k but first few minutes into sp you will go through some places where lots going on and my eye can pick up that drop in fps when it's not smooth 60fps. And will repeat again in certain places. Prolly digital foundry or vgtech will do those comparison vids to show it.

Don't have it connected to a monitor so can't tell if on a smaller screen it will be less noticeable. Also my pc monitor has gsync...so not sure either that plugging X on a freesync monitor will remove the tearing completely. And in the sound dept...X gon give it to ya. My big hands sit well on the X controller than Ps4....that's the other reason I went with X.
I don't mind a drop in fps like even if it goes in high 40's a few times but if its a stuttery mess with some screen tearing, that's just not acceptable. I'd rather them lower the pixel count a little.

Justin9mm

The beta on X had real bad tearing. PC was very well optimized though.
Xbox lied to me when they said it was the best place to play lol. I keep seeing third party games where the Pro is showing better performance. Always been Sony and already had the Pro, bought the X as my first real Xbox experience and have been a little let down in recent times, it's probably the first and last time I support Xbox.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Xbox lied to me when they said it was the best place to play lol. I keep seeing third party games where the Pro is showing better performance. Always been Sony and already had the Pro, bought the X as my first real Xbox experience and have been a little let down in recent times, it's probably the first and last time I support Xbox.

So you're done with Xbox because a game with a Sony marketing deal runs better on Sony's system and ignored on Microsofts?

Justin9mm

So you're done with Xbox because a game with a Sony marketing deal runs better on Sony's system and ignored on Microsofts?
If you want to take it that way but it's one of many games not just that one, it's just an example. 1st party titles of Microsoft are not enough to keep me invested so why else would I buy the X? It was marketed as most powerful console and the best console to play on, no? I want 4K console gaming on my 4K HDR TV so is it too much to assume I should be getting best performance for a third party title against the Pro?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Played SP for a bit. Not bad. Some interesting parts, definitely Call of Duty. Is it back? I don’t know. Some parts feel similar to Advanced Warfare, which sounds crazy. The guns are definitely back. You can pick up a silencer and scope for your loadout. I had a silenced shotgun.
So far the plot is the Russians have chemical gas, you’re the American, and you’re trying to figure out how to stop them. The queue cards for each level are neat, has that Ozark feel to it. I’m in the 3rd or 4th area. I don’t see the “All Warfare is based on deception” quotes, but there’s very heavy military lingo. The level design is great, but so limited. I’m running down a sidewalk and a suicide bomber runs up to blow me up. The way the enemies walk into the level are way better than before. Civilians running in front of your shots was fun because you had to monitor your rate of fire.

MP servers weren’t up for me when I started it, had to play offline.

Last edited:

Pantz

Ouch, that's some bad frame chopping on Xbox One X, on the first mission anyway, (first impressions).

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Since I didnt see a thread for it I'm gonna give my in depth review of COD MW here.
It's awesome. Like really awesome. From the two hours I played of the campaign it was a blast. The graphics and sound are fantastic.
It's easily the best Call of Duty game since the original Black Ops and if anyone doesn't agree the can eat a dick.

Seriously though the only complaints I would have is that it needs more guns to choose from and the spawns are still pretty crappy at times.

Shmunter

Just played a few rounds of gunfight on the Pro. Sharp as a razor, looks great, hdr looks well balanced. Smooth and plays splendidly.

EDMIX

Man this looks soooooo good. Too bad I'm going to wait next year for it, I am happy they are adding all the maps for free though, they should have been doing that years ago like EA imho. This fall has so many titles and I can wait for a few price drops or used, but man....really wish I had the time lol

In New Zealand and bought the game this morning on the train to work and still i cant download this fucking game.

I keep getting 'Cannot download. The data is corrupted. CE-36244-9' error

Switched from LAN to Wifi and restarted multiple times and even switched drives. still same fucking error. this is seriously pissing me off.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Matt_Fox

Good news, I've got the game and it's installing the updates...

Bad news, it says 14 hours remaining!!!!!

Nooooooo!!!

Top Bottom