• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare: The Haunting of Verdansk

Justin9mm

I'm a bit disappointed the BR night mode like in Trick or Trios is not really night like it is on the MP maps. It's way too bright, it looks cool but you can still almost see everything, I was definitely expecting to it to be darker.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

I imagine it's a timed event for the last 2 weeks of Oct with a couple of horror movie themed operator skins. Trailer looks good; I'm excited for it to hit and mix things up a bit.

MW has been great so far. It's a shame that they are launching another CoD so soon. It would be nice to have a 2 year cycle where each release can breathe and grow. I didn't enjoy my time with the new Black Ops so I won't be picking that up anytime soon. I'll stay with Warzone for now and hope it continues to deliver.

Warzone needs weather effects and a time of day mechanic. I'll take a nighttime version of the map but mist, rain, howling winds, maybe thunderstorms/snowstorms etc would be so much better.

Jigsaw looks like a fucking PC Mod

Compsiox

Banned
The vials and the ability to revive changed how I thought about this mode.

At first I was like oh man this is my only life or I turn into a zombie. That made encounters really intense. Then after a few matches I find out you can get revived an infinite amount of times (assuming you find the viles).

Really sucked the fun out of it.

Are the themed supply crates in Verdansk just there for one player to collect per game or can multiple players grab them during say, a Plunder match?

Would like to collect them all but if it's just a mad dash and fight every game I will give up hope now.
from what I understand multiple people can find their special box per area in any game

Concern

I'm a bit disappointed the BR night mode like in Trick or Trios is not really night like it is on the MP maps. It's way too bright, it looks cool but you can still almost see everything, I was definitely expecting to it to be darker.

I hoped for a darker night but its pretty hard seeing people already. Especially when they run coldblooded and you have an nvg scope.

Is trick or trios back yet?

splattered

Tried this last night.. laughed my ass off at first and thought hey this is amazing! Then i realized people can still see you very clearly and you die in like 2 shots. What's the point exactly? To be fair i've been playing a bunch of Fortnitemares with my kids and as the spectre/whatever you can stay alive for a long time and actually have a chance to take people out. This Zombie Royale mode feels kind of weak after playing Fortnite's offering as stupid a that sounds.

carlosrox

Banned
Solid win with 14/15 kills! Some very close calls. Earned the shit out of this win.

The other parts.

Bonus fun stuff:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

JCK75

The Zombie Battle Royale mode is still in the menu. I wonder if it will become permanent.

God I hope so, it's so much freaking fun.
it may be to their detriment in that I don't want to buy other games because this is all I want to play for a while.

Compsiox

Banned
The zombie mode I hope not I know it's supposed to go away soon I'm not sure when the last time I played was Sunday and it was still there
Yeah it's gone.

They're stupid. Warzone is going to be around with Cold War. There was no reason at all to remove it. Fuck them. I uninstalled immediately.

Top Bottom