• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom earns title of "Coolest Ever" - fulfills life-long gaming promise to her son

Pfft, my mom's the coolest ever, her and I used to play games a lot when I was younger. I still remember we worked together for weeks playing through Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES back in the day. We were actually really committed to trying to find and get all the DK coins which were pretty challenging. Later on, I remember we played a lot of Starfox 64, and Mario Kart 64. She loved playing as Jigglypuff in Super Smash Bros on n64. She eventually became a Mario Party junkie, and still asks me to come play it sometimes. Sadly she's not as good as she used to be at platformers like DKC though.

bjork

My mom used to channel some gun nut when she played Virtua Cop. She'd shoot dudes 6 times and reload before the next guy even appeared. She'd play holding the gun so tight that she'd be physically sore for a day or two after playing. She was probably the greatest light gun player I've ever seen. I miss that old gal, it's almost ten years now since she's gone.

BkMogul

Ohhh, not the Animal Crossing one. That hit me hard.

My mom is great, but not a great gamer. She does like playing Sports Champions and Just Dance with the PS Move.

I got to see my mother-in-law playing Super Mario Bros. over Christmas last year. She was definitely employing the lean to help her navigate the jumps lol

Top Bottom