• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Mon Capitaine, how I've missed you' - New Trailer for Picard Season 2

Pagusas

Elden Member
Ohhh time travel plots.... never seen that before!

Also John de Lancie looks great! He's aged extremely well

Last edited:

Konnor

After the last one, nah. They ranted that Data and Picard didn't have a relationship in TNG, which proves they never watched the show or movies.

These people have been watching Star Trek repeats obsessively for years and know almost everything about it, I seriously doubt they were wrong about that. I must admit I don't remember it that well but I certainly don't remember Picard and Data having an actual friendship.

Konnor

So you didn't watch TNG then if you don't remember one of the big Picard storylines was him teaching Data about humanity (and Shakespeare on the Holodeck).

I remember Picard often explaining stuff to Data but I don't remember a friendship

Last edited:

Konnor

I’ll kinda agree with this, it away more fatherly/lessons, Geordi was data’s real friend. Where the fuck was he.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Picard sometimes sound a little condescending or even slightly annoyed when he was explaining stuff to Data? My memory sucks but that's how I remember some of those scenes. It could have been Stewart's acting of course but that's the impression I got sometimes.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I remember Picard often explaining stuff to Data but I don't remember a friendship

They played Shakespeare on the holodeck:
data_picard_henry_v.png

First Contact was basically a Data/Picard movie:
UsYO87o.jpg

data_star_trek.jpg

picard-data-first-contact.jpg

Konnor

data_picard_henry_v.png

UsYO87o.jpg

data_star_trek.jpg

Again, there might have been some episodes where Picard and Data came closer together but still I don't remember an actual friendship throughout the show.

Last edited:
Data was a filter for explaining humanity and its importance and meaning, it wasnt even fatherly as much as a way to bounce the themes between the two figures for the overall plot. Picard cared about Data the way he cared about any of his crew members but not anymore or less. there was a bit of a fatherly thing going on but again it was to teach the importance of humanity for the storyline.

Datas best friend was Geordi..throughout the entire show. The writers would know this if they watched an episode of star trek instead of going though a checklist of TNG terms and characters.

They will fuck up Q the same way they fucked up Picard..

All Good Things indeed..

and they came to an end a long time ago

Last edited:

data_picard_henry_v.png

UsYO87o.jpg

data_star_trek.jpg

Using any of the TNG movies to base an assumption about the characters off of isnt a great comparison considering the movies completely screwed it all up before the newer shows ever did.

I'll probably check it out in a "can't take my eyes off the slow-motion trainwreck" kinda way.

Seriously though, Season 1 was awful. There was one episode that I actually enjoyed and the rest was complete garbage.

Last edited:

Yoda

Season 1 was ass, I'm guessing this was only made because there was a contract that mandated it be made.

Lanrutcon

After the last one, nah. They ranted that Data and Picard didn't have a relationship in TNG, which proves they never watched the show or movies.

Mike would destroy you in the resulting debate. It would be such a massacre the UN would declare it a war crime. Historians would spend the next century attempting to document how thorough an ass beating you received. He'd retort you so hard your unborn children would feel it. He'd slap you with so many obscure pieces of trivia your ego would need to travel back in time to undo the damage. I'm talking absolute verbal destruction on a scale our species doesn't even have a measurement for yet.

You come at the king, you best not be wearing a red shirt.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
what happens when everyone is ready to make jokes? i guess they should form an orderly...

line

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
I can't wait for the inevitable

- Q! You got old!
- Nonsense mon capitaine. I simply thought I would assume a more pleasing apparence for you in your old age.

It occured to me recently that since Picard technically died and had his consciousness transfered to a human looking android at the end of season 1, which many didn't like, Q could be the one to give him his human body back. Overall I'm happy Q is coming back. He's always been one of the best character in the franchise.

Kenpachii

I can't wait for the inevitable

- Q! You got old!
- Nonsense mon capitaine. I simply thought I would assume a more pleasing apparence for you in your old age.

It occured to me recently that since Picard technically died and had his consciousness transfered to a human looking android at the end of season 1, which many didn't like, Q could be the one to give him his human body back. Overall I'm happy Q is coming back. He's always been one of the best character in the franchise.

What if q makes him data.

Top Bottom