• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monitors Unboxed - Gigabyte Aorus FO32U2P Review - 4K QD-OLED With DisplayPort 2.1

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
235 nits for $1400.

GIF by Zack Kantor

Last edited:

Bojji

235 nits for $1400.

GIF by Zack Kantor

Who gives a fuck about full (white) screen brightness? It's 1000 nits max so it should be ok for HDR highlights.

OLED brightness sucks as usual, good for a gaming room that can easily be kept dark though.

Before HDR became a thing pretty much all monitors were under 300 nits, I guess no one was able to use them during the day...

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Who gives a fuck about full (white) screen brightness? It's 1000 nits max so it should be ok for HDR highlights.
I care when they’re asking us to shell out $1400. At that price point, it should blow away the competition and make a concerted at solving OLED’s biggest weakness after burn-in. This is the same brightness as the 4 year old Alienware I bought in 2022 for $1000 and is 34" instead of 32". Albeit, it’s only 3440x1440, not 4K but it’s also ultrawide.

Bojji

I care when they’re asking us to shell out $1400. At that price point, it should blow away the competition and make a concerted at solving OLED’s biggest weakness after burn-in. This is the same brightness as the 4 year old Alienware I bought in 2022 for $1000 and is 34" instead of 32". Albeit, it’s only 3440x1440, not 4K but it’s also ultrawide.

But why do you need full white screen to be 600 or 1000nits? If it wasn't solved by now then I guess OLEDs just aren't capable of doing it, just use different technology that is superior when it comes to brightness but inferior for other things.

Top Bottom