• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Review Thread

So, I am picking up the collectors edition of this tomorrow. I am beyond excited. However, I have the MHn3DS coming to me likely on Monday or Tuesday. Does MH4 save to the memory card, or the game itself?

I want to start hunting asap, but I don't want to start playing if the game save from the physical copy is not compatible with the digital copy. I know since it's not out, it'll be next to impossible to know this, but has it worked with other games for anyone? Thanks in advance!
1568 pages. Wow.
I want to read every monster info page.
That's unreal....I need it. I hope GS is doing a digital guide again, similar to MH3U. That thing was great. Even if not, I can't wait for the digital guides to start rolling out. THEN we will get the better made digital guides after the first wave of crap :D

zeldarocks

Neo Member
So.... Monster Hunter or Majora's Mask at launch?

Please disregard my name and thumbnail when weighing your response

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm not sure about NA/EU but check out the thickness of the Japanese guide
That's the one for MH4.
Here's the one for MH4G (U), although it's about the same thickness:
UmxKqva.jpg

Nicktals

Banned
Man I want this so bad. But I only have a regular 3ds, and its a bit beaten up...I really wish we knew if this was coming to Wii u...I'll probably get it, and just stay single player for a long time. Anywhere to get the circle controller for a fair price?

catmario

Wow. It seems that final metacritic score would be sitting at 87. Good!

This will be Most highest scored game in recent Capcom titles.

Man I want this so bad. But I only have a regular 3ds, and its a bit beaten up...I really wish we knew if this was coming to Wii u...I'll probably get it, and just stay single player for a long time. Anywhere to get the circle controller for a fair price?

Pretty sure it's staying as a 3DS exclusive.

Raven77

I was debating going out and picking this up today. I have never played a MH game before though. I also don't have TONS of time for handheld games these days and could put in maybe an hour a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Is this game a grind fest? Does it at least have lots of areas to explore and grind in if so? Not sure what i'm getting myself into here. I do have some friends to play with online as well.

ghibli99

This will be my first MH game. I'm looking forward to it, and damn, those review scores are consistently high across the board. If I don't like it, I'm going to wonder what's wrong with me. LOL

Top Bottom