• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

Shengar

Even if its coming to Switch there is little chance they would announce so at the moment especially if they do not release at same time.

Switch version would destroy any sales especially if it takes advantage of the switches power

I just found it very weird that Nintendo doesn't try to push Switch userbase by making it exclusives to the new platform. But oh well, considering MH takes 1 year to make it overseas, we'll probably going to get the Switch version anyway.

They did it themselves with black and White 2 though...

BW2 is the continuation of BW, so it wouldn't be so weird to see it released for DS. The same could be said if this announcement is about MHXG. MH5 though would be like releasing Pokemon XY for NDS.

antonz

I just found it very weird that Nintendo doesn't try to push Switch userbase by making it exclusives to the new platform. But oh well, considering MH takes 1 year to make it overseas, we'll probably going to get the Switch version anyway.

Yeah I would expect them to have it double dip in Japan but for NA release it as a switch only title.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I assume this is going to be XG. XG on Wii U and 3DS sure would be nice, but I don't think that's happening.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
My guess is on MHXG for 3DS.
Or MH5 for Wii U with a Switch version announced come the proper time, ala Breath of the Wild. Doubt it though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This has to be the Monster Hunter title that Capcom forecasts 2 millions copies shipped by March 2017. While there won't be news on Switch here, I feel this game will be announced for Switch as well, even if later. Especially if the game's initial release period is confirmed to be a vague "beginning of 2017" (which could perfectly fall into March).

I know how MH sells but the 3DS is dying and it will release near the Switch release. Every recent release has seen a decline compared to past entry (not only on 3DS tbh).

2m is far less than what MH4/MH4G/MHX managed to ship in Japan. not to say there won't be any decline, but I believe they already take declines into consideration when making that prediction in their financials

I know how MH sells but the 3DS is dying and it will release near the Switch release. Every recent release has seen a decline compared to past entry (not only on 3DS tbh).

They aim for 2M units sold for March 31st 2017. Switch isn't even sure this sell this much until that time.

Zoon

And when I thought pokemon would be my last 3DS game, this happens. Hopefully it isn't n3DS exclusive and it gets released worldwide.

I'm sorry , but if there is a Monster Hunter Switch game why would you not announce it now?!!

This is what pisses me off. Nintendo should follow the Pokémon Sun/Moon way of announcing things and this week with a Monster Hunter direct to announce a new Monster Hunter for the Switch is the absolute perfect way to do it. And I can't believe they won't do it.

oti

Banned
I'm sorry , but if there is a Monster Hunter Switch game why would you not announce it now?!!

This is what pisses me off. Nintendo should follow the Pokémon Sun/Moon way of announcing things and this week with a Monster Hunter direct to announce a new Monster Hunter for the Switch is the absolute perfect way to do it. And I can't believe they won't do it.

Best I could see is 3DS game for Holiday season with a short Next Gen MH Switch teaser at the end.

Best I could see is 3DS game for Holiday season with a short Next Gen MH Switch teaser at the end.
That's fine too. They just have to say something for Monster Hunter for Switch. Keep a nice hype going. It doesn't have to be a blowout. They can save it for January, but do these nice little drops throughout the holiday.

refer to what me & other people been saying in this thread. they aim to sell this upcoming title 2m by end of fiscal year. can you guarantee a switch-only title can sold by that amount in less than 1 month? that would put its attach ratio of almost 100%

oti

Banned
That's fine too. They just have to say something for Monster Hunter for Switch. Keep a nice hype going. It doesn't have to be a blowout. They can save it for January, but do these nice little drops throughout the holiday.

I think it will literally be a "and now look at this" followed by a short teaser and that's it. The name Switch will most likely not be dropped.

LordKano

If it's for the holiday season, why would they announce it only now ? The timing couldn't be worse, they show a 3DS game a week after the next-gen Nintendo console is revealed. They had plenty of time before (like...during the TGS ?)

kubus

edit: Sorry this is about the fanclub stream which airs 30 minutes after the Direct! Shouldve specified!

The website says there will be new event details for Monster Hunter Stories (probably dlc or something) and information about competitive play, as well as gameplay from Monster Hunter Spirits 2 (some kind of card game)

And finally there will be surprise..!

There will be seven guests during the stream.

oti

Banned
If it's for the holiday season, why would they announce it only now ? The timing couldn't be worse, they show a 3DS game a week after the next-gen Nintendo console is revealed. They had plenty of time before (like...during the TGS ?)

I don't know. We're talking Nintendo here. They are crazy.

I mean if this doesn't come out this holiday season, why even announce it now then? Are they afraid of announcing 3DS games post-January Switch media blowout? Why?

Garou

Announcements for a new Monster Hunter were usually 4-5 months before their actual release. They can't possibly keep the same timeframe this time.

Maybe a MHX expansion-pack? But a straight up expansion-only DLC is unprecedented for the series...

Announcements for a new Monster Hunter were usually 4-5 months before their actual release. They can't possibly keep the same timeframe this time.

Maybe a MHX expansion-pack? But a straight up expansion-only DLC is unprecedented for the series...

typical 4-5 months prior release would put it around late Feb or early March I think, so it still fits

Scrawnton

The Switch is going to start looking bad if a new MonHun game is announced for 3DS and not the new hybrid launching in four months. Nintendo has to get MonHun on Switch as soon as possible.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Maybe new Monster Hunter 3DS game that will get a Switch port next year

Monster Hunter 5 for 3DS, then once everyone's bought that they'll announce Monster Hunter 5 HD for Switch!

Then when everyone's bought that they'll announce Monster Hunter 5G for Switch.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Joking a bit, this is how the cycle of "Will it come to Switch?" about new 3rd party announcements starts. Quite unexpectedly that it starts with a close partner of Nintendo.

Top Bottom