• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories launches October 8 in Japan (+ Amiibo support)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Monster Hunter X (Cross) was released in Japan last November and is being released in the West this July as Monster Hunter Generations.

Monster Hunter Stories is up next in Japan.

You just blew my mind as I thought Stories was Generations and Generations X.

#TooManyNames #TooManyGames

Looks amazing... Is MH just a Nintendo IP now, got the amibo going and everything. should be an instant hit.

Damn Verendus for getting my hopes up it will come back to PS. This is the top of Mh I would have loved to jump into.

Fandangox

Imagine a tiny Deviljho as a pet

tumblr_m0ovau5LDi1r5n0t0o1_400.jpg

L.O.R.D

probably not the best thread to ask this question,

i am trying to tell the difference between 4G and X,but i can't tell the difference.
they seems very close,X is a bit flashier.

DrArchon

I'm so glad Lagiacrus is in this. He's such a great monster with a cool design, but he never gets to be in as many games as the others because fuck swimming.

TreIII

probably not the best thread to ask this question,

i am trying to tell the difference between 4G and X,but i can't tell the difference.
they seems very close,X is a bit flashier.

You can't really go wrong with either title, but X/Generations has a bit more going for it.

* Game is newer/more recent, so community will be focused more on X.
* X, being a game that tries to be a "Greatest Hits" anthology of MonHun, has a much wider monster roster from across the entire. Plus has all new Monsters, of course.
* 4 hunting styles give you effectively 4 different ways to use a weapon, with Guild-style being the verbatim 4G/4U movesets.
* Various other QoL features, such as Mounts no longer penalizing your party mates if they hit the monster while you're still on it, and auto-gathering at a site as long as you hold down the button.

leroidys

It's not the 3DS screen resolution though. Expect way more aliasing.
This might be a weird thing to say, but I feel like its actually acceptable to publish upresed screenshots for 3DS games, given how terrible native resolution shots look on a computer screen compared to reality.

septicore

Damn Capcom.

I want this game localised and I want some MH amiibo's. I wonder if they'll make more ammibo's featuring other monsters or will it just be Rathalos and the felyne.

I want those amiibo. Mainly just the girl rider first and then maybe I'll get the others down the road.

Edit: And yes that box art is quite beautiful. I love it.

BiggNife

Man, this game better come to the US

I hope Capcom didn't pull some insane EX Troopers bullshit where the game literally can't be localized because of an insane developer oversight

Nosgotham

bullshots 100%

you people are so naive it's cute :x

awwwe thanks. im talking about the videos. obviously its going to have jaggies and shit so expectations are adjusted but it still looks fucking fantastic. only other game that ive ever been truly impressed by on 3DS was Kid Icarus especially the flying segments.

TreIII

Kecha Wacha is in the game! So there is hope for other Gen 4 monsters?

The trailer showed hints that make it look like the Frenzy Virus might be at the center of things again.

If nothing else, again, I'm expecting my boys, Al Gore and Shaggy to show up again, too. Najaralalalalalalala would also be nice to see.

Corginand

Anyone has any idea of what's going on here? That inside-games site seems to explain some screens but it's in japanese.

The trailer showed hints that make it look like the Frenzy Virus might be at the center of things again.

If nothing else, again, I'm expecting my boys, Al Gore and Shaggy to show up again, too. Najaralalalalalalala would also be nice to see.

Now that I think about it, I'd like to have Naja, Zamtrios and Tetsucabra in the game.

EDIT:

From the trailer:

EGcbShi.png

THE MUD PUPPY IS BACK

TreIII

Anyone has any idea of what's going on here? That inside-games site seems to explain some screens but it's in japanese.

Based on a few tweets I read earlier, and trying to make sense of what's on that article, it looks like you can actually pass on some select abilities from one Monster to the other, and awaken new types of abilities/elemental attributes in the receiving monster.

This is what seems to go along with the idea that the Yian Kut Ku passes on its fire element to the Lagombi, and made for a following screenshot where you saw a Lagombi actually breathing fire.

I wonder how deep that system can go! It'd be fun to make our own "Monster Variants" in this way.

Top Bottom