• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World livestream. New elder dragon Vaal Hazak (ヴァルハザク) revealed :)

Nerfon

Capcom has detailed that Monster Hunter: World update 1.01 (around 825 MB) to add online multiplayer, event quests and some other changes.

26907002_562333820772930_3380630635775453321_n.png

27023705_562333727439606_4200650918170692772_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oooo this last bit of wait is so painful! Where’s the hype at around here? got a lot of friends new to the series joining me this time around.

ehead

Man, I am very excited to play this game with my brother. We are long-time players of the series; started with launch of MHTri and moved on to Wii U, and 3DS. I am a bit conflicted since I want to play it on PC instead but I may have to bite this weekend, and try it out. Online play will need PS+, right?

Last edited:
Yes online play will require PS+. Cannot wait to see what sorta shenanigans people go through with their guilds online.

Just a few more sleeps!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ugh I know I shouldn’t because I hate MH non leveling system but I will probably get this anyway.

Nerfon

Tropies list for some more hype :cool:

Monster Hunter World has a total of 50 Trophies (1 Platinum, 2 Gold, 11 Silver, 36 Bronze). B

Monster Hunter World Trophies
Conqueror of the New World
Unlock all trophies for Monster Hunter: World

Welcome to the New World
Earn the right to take on two-star assignments.

Nothing Stops This Commission
Earn the right to take on three-star assignments.

Defender of Astera
Earn the right to take on four-star assignments.

Into the Deep
Earn the right to take on five-star assignments.

Death Begets Life
Successfully guide Zorah Magdaros.

The Empress of the Highlands
Earn the right to take on seven-star assignments.

One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall
Earn the right to take on eight-star assignments.

The Sapphire Star
Solve the mystery of the Elder Crossing.

The Hunter’s Life for Me
Complete 50 optional quests.

An Inquisitive Mind
Complete your first investigation.

The Franchise Hunter
Complete 50 investigations.

Step into the Arena
Complete your first arena quest.

Nowhere to Go but Up
Complete 50 arena quests.

New World Settler
Establish five camps.

The Art of Camouflage
Escape the Jagras pack by hiding in some shrubs.

Angling for a Bite
Catch your first fish.

Mmm, So Tasty!
Cook your first well-done steak.

The Bigger They Are…
Mount your first monster.

A Living Fossil
Capture a fish known as “the living fossil.”

Snuggles for All
Capture a fluffy, snuggly creature.

Commissioned Work
Obtain 100,000 research points.

Bourgeois Hunter
Possess 1,000,000 zenny.

Bristles for All
Capture a stiff, bristly creature.

Rainbow Bright
Capture a creature that glitters like a rainbow.

Impregnable Defense
Obtain five highly rare pieces of armor.

Power is Everything
Obtain five highly rare weapons.

Movin’ On Up
Move into an upgraded room.

First Friends
Befriend your first Tailraider.

Bosom Buddies
Become fully proficient with any Palico Gadget.

Monster Ph.D.
Research everything about almost every monster.

Temper Temper
Hunt your first tempered monster.

Indomitable
Hunt 50 tempered monsters.

Minature Crown
Record your first minature crown in your hunting log.

Minatur Crown Collector
Obtain a miniature crown for 10 or more monster in your hunting log.

Miniature Crown Master
Obtain a miniature crown for almost every monster in your hunting log.

Giant Crown
Record your first giant crown in your hunting log.

Giant Crown Collector
Obtain a giant crown for 10 or more monsters in your hunting log.

Giant Crown Master
Obtain a giant crown for almost every monster in your hunting log.

Capture Novice
Capture your first monster.

Capture Pro
Capture 50 monsters.

Elderslayer
Slay 50 elder dragons.

Monster Slayer
Hunt 100 large monsters.

Monster Hunter
Hunt 500 large monsters.

HELP!
Fire an SOS flare for the first time.

I Am the Reinforcements
Respond to an SOS flare, and help complete 10 quests.

Hunters United
Complete a quest via multiplayer

Hunters United Forever
Complete 100 quests via multiplayer

Spreading the Word
Collect over 50 Guild Cards.

Established Hunter
Reach hunter rank 100.

Pejo

Ah, Poogie confirmed!

Cannot wait for Friday. I played a lot of the beta, and I think I'm going gunlance this time.

I started really playing the series at Tri, so I went (Tri) Switch Axe -> (3U) Dual Blades -> (4U) IG and (MHG) SnS. I also may putz around with Longsword this time for the mobility, since this game is more mobile in general. I really was hoping they kept SnS oils in the game, I think MHGen's SnS is still the best overall weapon in any of the games. I'm bummed they traded it for that "jump anytime" stuff.

ehead

Yes online play will require PS+. Cannot wait to see what sorta shenanigans people go through with their guilds online.

Just a few more sleeps!

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. I just thought with the free beta and all, things would be different. Heh. Anyway, I'm not reading the trophy list, and enough media for me. Can't wait to be surprised to see the new monsters. I remember being in awe when Cedaeus was revealed back in Tri then being annoyed (initially) with the long underwater battle.

wipeout364

I have played a few monster hunter games but have never gotten the cowbell fever. Is this more of the same or is there big changes I should be excited about and jump in because this is the one?

I haven’t even really been following it because I just assumed it’s more of the same and if it is that’s great but I’m not buying it.

Is this more of the same or is there big changes I should be excited about and jump in because this is the one?
Lots of QOL improvements makes the game feel way smoother than it has in the past, no more zone loading screens. Seamless single player to multiplayer ability. Monsters now interact with one another.

The overall game feel hasn’t changed it’s just better feeling and updated so if you hated to many core elements you still might not like it, but it’s worth taking a look at.

Last edited:
Reviews are higher than I ever expected. 91 opencritic 91 metacritic right now, 19 hours to go,!

Glad it turned out to be this good.. I went from not caring/knowing anything about this (other than it looked really good last E3) to being mad hype to get started after watching a bunch of videos and learning about it. Great reviews are icing on the cake 👌🏾

Calibos

Never played one before, but rolled the dice...hope I can get into it! The Creatures and world look amazing so...

Masatshi

this will be my first Monster Hunter game... well I actually got the XOneX retail-copy here, but cannot start it for some reason.... the update-file won't download and without it seems unable to start.. anyone else having this problem?

The games not really out yet, try turning your Xbox on offline mode, it’s fixed it for others I’ve seen.
Good luck hunting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom