• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Monpiece |OT| Hold the PlayStation® Vita Vertically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaljinyu

Nope, a lot of publishers are open to bringing niche games like that over now, plus they obviously sell well enough to keep them coming, we live in weird and good times

If this is the trend, I have to wonder at the attitude toward it for the market that's usually into games like this. Usually this kind of stuff has to be made by an indie developer and released for PC download or something. If it's crossing into the mainstream, do the games compare in "feel" to the way other games alike do?

Basically, if you're into ero/ero-esque games and you've been into it for a while, does this sudden turn for the "mainstream" feel weird? Are these good times weird enough for you to do a double take and say "That got an English localization? How do I feel about that?"

duckroll

Is this one of those games where people will claim actually has good "gameplay" but in reality was developed by a group of people who are either already shunned by society at large, or who had so little confidence in their game design that they felt the need to make a major mechanic involving "rubbing" the screen to give drawings of young looking girls "pleasure"? Simply sick either way.

Vylash

Is this one of those games where people will claim actually has good "gameplay" but in reality was developed by a group of people who are either already shunned by society at large, or who had so little confidence in their game design that they felt the need to make a major mechanic involving "rubbing" the screen to give drawings of young looking girls "pleasure"? Simply sick either way.

Apparently it's actually a really fun card game under all of the fanservice

If this is the trend, I have to wonder at the attitude toward it for the market that's usually into games like this. Usually this kind of stuff has to be made by an indie developer and released for PC download or something. If it's crossing into the mainstream, do the games compare in "feel" to the way other games alike do?

Basically, if you're into ero/ero-esque games and you've been into it for a while, does this sudden turn for the "mainstream" feel weird? Are these good times weird enough for you to do a double take and say "That got an English localization? How do I feel about that?"
I wouldn't call it mainstream,a lot of this stuff is just digital only with little marketing, it's just nice to get a chance to play games we normally wouldn't have gotten even 5 years ago

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

It's Compile Heart so you already know the answer.

-Horizon-

A terrible pile of lolis.

image.php

I'm sorry ohlawd, Enju isn't terrible

Zeliard

Cyan and I are so hyped for this. He told me he was actually buying a PS Vita to play this game. He said he thought it had the greatest art for any game developed in the 21st century. I don't know if I'd go that far. But he kept rattling off titles...KimokawaE, Love Plus, and many more.

I was like, "Cyan, that's a bit much," and he was like, "Dose girls doe" and then DAT THIRST doe

I can confirm this is totally true. Why, Cyan was almost acting the way Y2Kev does about Aquamarine.

i9xfsgFZaETrG.gif

Authority

Banned
google is your friend!

well, provided you have safe search on.

There are various interpretations of what moe is today and in the past. Joseph L. Dela Pena argues that moe is a pure, protective feeling towards a female character, without the sexualization of lolicon also known as loli. Jason Thompson of Otaku USA regards moe when applied to young female characters or people as being an offshoot of the lolicon phenomenon and the role of cuteness in Japanese culture. Scott Von Schilling sees moe in this sense as being indicative of men in their thirties "longing for fatherhood".

In response to the growing otaku fetishization of cute female characters in anime and manga, Japanese animator and self-avowed feminist Hayao Miyazaki has stated:

It's difficult. They immediately become the subjects of lolicon fetishism. In a sense, if we want to depict someone who is affirmative to us, we have no choice but to make them as lovely as possible. But now, there are too many people who shamelessly depict [such heroines] as if they just want [such girls] as pets, and things are escalating more and more.

by Hayao Miyazaki, From "Why heroines in Miyazaki works: A collection of short excerpts"

Is that correct?

Cyan and I are so hyped for this. He told me he was actually buying a PS Vita to play this game. He said he thought it had the greatest art for any game developed in the 21st century. I don't know if I'd go that far. But he kept rattling off titles...KimokawaE, Love Plus, and many more.

I was like, "Cyan, that's a bit much," and he was like, "Dose girls doe" and then DAT THIRST doe

Doe, a deer, a female deer

Zephyx

Is the game good based on JP imports? I like playing card games but I don't want to rub my screen like in that GIF. :|

Vylash

Sweet. I need some impressions though. I might pick it up if it's cheaper than the usual $40.

It's 30 dollars, also you should just check back here for impressions, Sony doesn't activate review codes for this until tomorrow because they're the best, so you're better off waiting for people in here instead of reviews

komorebi

Nice OT, thanks for making one! Looking forward to getting this tomorrow.

OT title should have been
Different strokes for different folks

Zephyx

Don't think so, Loli is meant to reference Lolita.

Based on my googling, Lolita is an erotic novel? Means your definition is right then. :)

It's 30 dollars, also you should just check back here for impressions, Sony doesn't activate review codes for this until tomorrow because they're the best, so you're better off waiting for people in here instead of reviews

It's $30. digital only.

Thanks. I haven't followed this game like I did with recent releases but I might pick this up based on impressions from you guys. Shame it's digital only as I would've preferred a physical copy.

CrovaxPSO

[*]Monster Girls' costumes come in three levels*: Heavy Armor, Light Armor, and Swimwear, but it appears that certain monster girls can transform into a different monster girl after the third level. *Some monster girls progress to only 2nd level because lol.

Not buying this because I can't stand CH games, but their taking a weed whacker to the card images (even ones that weren't controversial to begin with) rubs me the wrong way (no pun intended)

The cards still progress to the 3rd level but the art doesn't update for the cards that were "censored." I'm not sure how having (in IF's eyes) the more controversial cards only show two stages of artwork instead of three is "taking a weed whacker" to them.

There's been so much misinformation and hyperbole about this game. Hopefully when people start playing the localized version word will get around that it isn't really as bad as it's been made out to be. The rubbing minigame takes up a very small amount of the time you'll spend playing this game. The vast majority of the game is building your deck, story scenes, and the actual card battles.

Multiples of each card can be upgraded via the minigame at the same time, so you don't have to do it every single time you upgrade a card.

Enron

Banned

Cyan is icecream alt confirmed?

Uthred

For those who have played it, is there a sizeable amount of single player content or is there a strong multiplayer focus?

CrovaxPSO

For those who have played it, is there a sizeable amount of single player content or is there a strong multiplayer focus?
I would estimate the single player story stuff around 20 hours maybe, that could be inflated because my Japanese isn't great. There's some kind of new game plus or post game, but I never tried it.

Uthred

I would estimate the single player story stuff around 20 hours maybe, that could be inflated because my Japanese isn't great. There's some kind of new game plus or post game, but I never tried it.

Cool, that seems fairly solid for $30, Vita is starved for card games so might give this a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom