• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MONSTER, RedBull, G-Fuel, coffee ~ [Sugar/Caffeine energy drinks preferences]

rykomatsu

This > *, though Ultra Zero comes close

AcWl7hd.jpg

Amphetamine kicks Caffeine's ass straight across the board.

It's addicting as shit though, I don't recommend. I don't know what kind of damage I did to my body when I was addicted, frankly I'm better off not knowing.

Red bull... But i hate em

though have to admit that cola energy tastes good too. And here in Germany we have “28 black”. That one tastes great as well.

I used to love afri cola when i lived there.. found out later that it had like very elevated caffeine

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Tea for me now. Used to drink 2-3 energy drinks per day and I'm thankfully off that habit.

Some high-fired Hong Kong oolong or some hei cha, with just a bit of licorice root (sweetness) mixed in with the leaves. That's my daily caffeine. :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

So BANG Rainbow Unicorn
dR77xSlDdzVkZr3LRvoj7SWobiK3bHTim-8fu_ScnWg.jpg

It's a weird taste. Like candy. My first weird impression was how quickly it disappears into your throat, like it doesn't rest in your mouth after swallowing. Also able to drink it quite slowly. I can see the appeal. I do think I notice the difference of not having sugar. Thumbs up for now. But the cost and only 160g of caffeine in the EU....

I think the caffeine difference in the EU might be due to some regulation, seems weird that there's a hard barrier of 160mg for 500ml drinks. I do know that when I ordered coffees for my friend at work, legally they could only provide 2 extra shots in it.

Loki

Count of Concision
I have serious sleep issues, and I can't adequately describe how absolutely dead I feel every day, and how sluggish my mind is for the first hour or so after I wake up. Monster Energy (specifically the juices, or any of them that also have sugar) changes how I feel and how alert my mind is in a way that no other caffeinated drink does - not coffee, not Red Bull, not anything. Not sure what it has that's different from other energy drinks, but it definitely affects me differently.

Last edited:

Loki

Count of Concision
When I drink coffee it's pure black. When it comes to energy drinks I usually go for Bangs or Monsters. I really like the coffee monsters and the sour Apple bang is my favorite from them.

You've clearly never tried their Pacific Punch or Pipeline Punch flavors. ;)

Grinchy

Banned
oS0AA0Hm.jpg

These damn water packets are where I get my caffeine. I've tried a lot of different brands and for some reason like these cheap ass Walmart ones the most.

120mg of caffeine in a single packet and like 10 calories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom