• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
I’ve stood under a Saturn V rocket that still exists. I don’t have to look that shit up.

The specific claims you quoted, are true, he said nothing about the Saturn V. I'll find you the video of the NASA dude stating that we can't get back to the moon because "we destroyed that technology and it's a painful process to get it back", Them losing the original videos and telemetry data has also been known for some time, they admitted this themselves.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I've found you entertaining but I can't have a discussion with someone who's not going to discuss. You can't (incorrectly I might add) disregard people for not using "scientific method" and then blather on and not use it yourself.

im trying my best to remain coherent. Not the best at writing and others are way better at getting their points across.

You don’t have to engage me if you don’t want to.

when I talk about the scientific method I mean a lot of what the heliocentric model is based on is sizes and distances, gravity etc claims of things that just aren’t scientificly proven.

I accept I don’t get these points across well! That’s why I try to make it fun!

Please tell me you don’t really believe that.
well

Since then, Richard Nafzger, an engineer at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, who oversaw television processing at the ground-tracking sites during the Apollo 11 mission, has been looking for them.

The good news is he found where they went. The bad news is they were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed — magnetically erased — and re-used to save money.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The specific claims you quoted, are true, he said nothing about the Saturn V.

The Apollo 11 mission was one of the most documented events in human history. NASA has endless archives from it. They just made a documentary in theaters using 4K footage from the original 60MM film reels recorded during the mission.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The Apollo 11 mission was one of the most documented events in human history. NASA has endless archives from it. They just made a documentary in theaters using 4K footage from the original 60MM film reels recorded during the mission.

None of the telemetry data exists, as per NASA.

From the reuters article sent to you above:

NASA admitted in 2006 that no one could find the original video recordings of the July 20, 1969, landing.

“The goal was live TV,” Nafzger told a news conference.

“We should have had a historian running around saying ‘I don’t care if you are ever going to use them — we are going to keep them’,” he said.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I saw that edit 😉

you know

Cybrwzrd

Banned
The moon lander always crashed on tests on earth, was called unwieldly, or so is claimed, yet worked on first try on the moon.

The moon has virtually no atmosphere and 1/6th the gravity of the earth. FLying something designed to fly in a low gravity environment with no atmospheric drag is going to be unwieldy. Do you think you could fly a 747 underwater?

Weilthain

Banned
Anyone want to refute the claims made in “american moon” regarding the clearly fake photography of the moon landings?

some of the best photographers in the world rip them apart.

Nymphae

Banned
And here's the video of the guy from NASA stating he would love to go back to the moon, but we can't because we destroyed the tech and it's too hard to do again.

Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The original recordings of the first humans landing on the moon 40 years ago were erased and re-used, but newly restored copies of the original broadcast look even better, NASA officials said on Thursday. -reuters
As I said someone recently found they had footage of the original landing.
A former intern at NASA may become a millionaire when he sells three metal reels that contain original videotape recordings of man’s first steps on the moon.

The videotapes will be offered in a live auction on July 20th at Sotheby’s New York, but interested parties are able to place bids now at Sothebys.com. The sale coincides with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. The price could reach $2 million.

edit: Unless the 4k documentary was recent, it seems like they likely used broadcast footage, footage that was taken with a camera off of a projection screen, and was likely restored and not true 4k. But with the recently found footage true 4k should be possible.
The moon has virtually no atmosphere and 1/6th the gravity of the earth. FLying something designed to fly in a low gravity environment with no atmospheric drag is going to be unwieldy. Do you think you could fly a 747 underwater?
yeah but flying something for the first time with no issue, when all tests failed, is interesting.

Last edited:
Come on. They invented space travel then decommissioned it because fuck that what’s the point.

but now we need to go to mars better start figuring it all out again!
Let's be honest. You can't ask for photos or film if you see them and then just say "It looks fake".

You either want pictures/film as proof or you don't. Obviously you don't since there are pictures and film from space and you can readily access them.

So just be honest about what you want. You don't want photos/film from space because you know those exist. You want "real" photos/film from space but your definition of "real" is very special and even you don't know what the definition is. You just know its not the "fake" images available.

Weilthain

Banned
Let's be honest. You can't ask for photos or film if you see them and then just say "It looks fake".

You either want pictures/film as proof or you don't. Obviously you don't since there are pictures and film from space and you can readily access them.

So just be honest about what you want. You don't want photos/film from space because you know those exist. You want "real" photos/film from space but your definition of "real" is very special and even you don't know what the definition is. You just know its not the "fake" images available.
They haven’t filmed the earth from deep space since 1972 and there are still no other videos of the earth from deep space to compare them to.

You aren’t thinking this through

They haven’t filmed the earth from deep space since 1972 and there are still no other videos of the earth from deep space to compare them to.

You aren’t thinking this through
I think there are two recent videos. One is from tesla's car launch, the other is the timelapse from epic

I think there may be another from another satellite or spacecraft recently.
edit found it:
himawari

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I think there are two recent videos. One is from tesla's car launch, the other is the timelapse from epic

I think there may be another from another satellite or spacecraft recently.

Why does the Tesla video cut off before it gets far out? I think it’s fake but if it is real and was sent up to test the rockets then couldn’t the have filmed for a bit longer?

I’m asking for a living , breathing video of earth rotating in space

Last edited:

zeomax

There aren’t videos of the earth in deep space.
What? I just showed you a video from 1 million miles.

Or is it not deep enough? Ok here a picture taken by the Mars Orbiter.
pia10244_10414cjh1.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
That isn’t what I’m asking for and you know it

I'm still not clear on why there are no pictures from outer space, aimed at the earth, that display the brilliance of the billions of points of lights we are able to see from the ground. The Apollo 11 astronauts, in their incredibly strange toned press conference after returning from the moon, all said they couldn't see any stars in space. How the fuck is that possible?

Weilthain

Banned
I am out. You can't beat stupidity! Have a nice day on your flat earth.
This is what these types do. They pretend it all makes sense why they were driving cars on the moon then destroyed all the technology and actual proof of it happening.

they try to make it seem dumb to question why there are no videos etc

xvTtiiC.png

Weilthain

Banned
I'm still not clear on why there are no pictures from outer space, aimed at the earth, that display the brilliance of the billions of points of lights we are able to see from the ground. The Apollo 11 astronauts, in their incredibly strange toned press conference after returning from the moon, all said they couldn't see any stars in space. How the fuck is that possible?
When I have brought that up in the past, I just get called names and eventually just get “why do you even want/need to see that? Cameras are expensive to put into orbit etc”

Nymphae

Banned
When I have brought that up in the past, I just get called names and eventually just get “why do you even want/need to see that? Cameras are expensive to put into orbit etc”

I don't think I've ever heard an explanation for that. Google tells us this

vdwOuXn.png

Ok but show me one goddamn picture where the exposure was set so that you could see them, it should be an absolutely mindblowing photo.

Last edited:

Thurible

Ok, lets say that the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked so all the evidence we have on it is false. This would be a world wide conspiracy with multiple international actors who would have to consistently get along, they would also have to somehow silence every pilot, astronomer, and mathematician, and this would require some incredible benefit for all this effort. Why and how would international governments do this?

Weilthain

Banned
All the astronauts have conflicting accounts seeing/not seeing stars as well.

Armstrong said he “couldn’t recall” (lawyer speak) seeing stars from the surface of the moon and that you aren’t able to see stars in “cislunar space” (space between earth and moon)

micheal Collins chimes in with “I don’t recall seeing any, Armstrong’s reaction to this statement is interesting.

later on in life Micheal Collins writes a book describing the amazing stars he saw.

don petit and others all describe the majesty of the stars when they are in space.

WHO DO I BELIEVE?!

Grinchy

Banned
And we come back to me pointing out that there does not exist any piece of evidence that can convince Weilthain Weilthain or any flat-earth believer.

It's completely pointless to engage outside of the entertainment it provides.

This is the 2-step cycle you will see playing out over and over again in this thread and in every single case where you are dealing with a debate between a flat earther and a human:

1. Show me evidence that proves I'm wrong
2. That evidence is faked

Weilthain

Banned
Ok, lets say that the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked so all the evidence we have on it is false. This would be a world wide conspiracy with multiple international actors who would have to consistently get along, they would also have to somehow silence every pilot, astronomer, and mathematician, and this would require some incredible benefit for all this effort. Why and how would international governments do this?

I don’t accept that. Many pilots are flat earthers for example. Flying a plane doesn’t prove the world is a sphere.

Many satellites are literally suspended from high altitude balloons. The people who make those satellites aren’t in on it.

ancient civilisations studied the stars and were able to predict eclipses and all that stuff without believing they lived on a space ball.

iconmaster

Banned
I'm partial to Dante's cosmology (which I assume largely reflected the cosmology of the High Middle Ages). Note that his Earth is round.

From innermost to outermost, the spheres are:
  • First Sphere, Moon
  • Second Sphere, Mercury
  • Third Sphere, Venus
  • Fourth Sphere, the Sun
  • Fifth Sphere, Mars
  • Sixth Sphere, Jupiter
  • Seventh Sphere, Saturn
  • Eighth Sphere, the Fixed Stars
  • Ninth Sphere, the Primum Mobile

Also, this Flat Earth map is gorgeous:

Alternate cosmological theories are interesting to me in that, for most of us, they have zero impact on our daily lives. For the average person there's no harm in having an incorrect view, whichever model is the most correct. Theories about the origin of the universe fall into this category as well.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
And we come back to me pointing out that there does not exist any piece of evidence that can convince Weilthain Weilthain or any flat-earth believer.

It's completely pointless to engage outside of the entertainment it provides.

This is the 2-step cycle you will see playing out over and over again in this thread and in every single case where you are dealing with a debate between a flat earther and a human:

1. Show me evidence that proves I'm wrong
2. That evidence is faked

nd5Zp60.jpg

Grinchy Grinchy Join in. We are all having fun hopefully no one gets banned for “arguing in bad faith” or “not answering questions” with the correct debate etiquette or synthesised summaries.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You don’t feel anything ever. The ball is bulging because of the spin, we don’t feel that.
The effect is very small as a percentage, but over a body as large as the Earth, it adds up. However, for a body as small as a human, it doesn't feel like much at all. If you weigh yourself at the equator where the effect of the spin is the greatest, you will weigh about 0.3% more than you would at the north or south pole, where the effect of the spin is negated. 0.3% is not enough for human perception.

To think of it another way, the Earth rotates 360 degrees every 24 hours. That's 15 degrees per hour. Is that fast? Consider the hour hand of a clock. It rotates at 360 degrees every 12 hours, or 30 degrees per hour. Imagine you are an ant on the hour hand of a clock. Would you feel it rotating? Would you feel it rotating if it were going even slower than that at half the speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom