• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More GRAW screenshot love *56k watch out*

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
op_ivy said:
i love the fact that the screens look like they are the same quality of the last few sets, yet those threads had people bitching left and right about em. the newest vids most have shut up the haters?

by the way, if the haters are just remianing silent, i'm not calling you out. please stay quiet.

graw will be goty

I was with you until GRAW being GOTY. Wee bit too far for me.

Regardless, looking sexy, I want it yesterday.

Angst

Looks really good!

But WTF? is up with the wheels of the car in this pic?

graw4.jpg

Thank god it's not a racing sim! :)

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Is it just me or is the LOD really noitceable? The textures look a bit blurry as well ?

( Before you think i am trolling, look at what i have said about this game in the past )

Borys

Banned
Ryudo said:
Is it just me or is the LOD really noitceable? The textures look a bit blurry as well ?

( Before you think i am trolling, look at what i have said about this game in the past )

Y DO U H8 XBOX

Ryudo said:

You aren't alone...it's probably naive to think that these issues will disappear in the Next Gen. Put that on a big screen HDTV and it won't likely matter.

Professor K

m0dus jr
It's threads like these that make cringe when posting sometimes.

I mean "look at the tires!"? "Uh, that texture looks blurry!"? "I'm not really blown away"

I miss gamers. These screenshot politicians are just so annoying.

SonnyBoy

Im definately excited about this title. It pains me that we've had to wait so long for some decent titles to start releasing.

Professor K

m0dus jr
SonnyBoy said:
Im definately excited about this title. It pains me that we've had to wait so long for some decent titles to start releasing.

I 100% disagree. IMO there were plenty of launch titles to hold gamers over til March. And this is by far the quickest that "AAA" (I hate that term) titles hit a console.

When was the last time a steady stream of good games hit a console 4 months after launch? I can only think of the Dreamscast and that's it. And I'm talking since the dawn of consoles.

Late Feb/Early March seems to be when a good stream of quality 360 titles begin to flow and I personally feel that it's near-miraculous.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I was wondering what the general opinion is on the whole threat detector thing...the 1up show made me aware of the opinion that it dumbs the game down to have your enemies highlighted in red all the time...personally i love the visual effect but hadnt really thought about its effect on gameplay.

Will it make it too easy to pick out your enemies straight away? That has always been a big thing in GR games as its quite easy to die.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ghost said:
I was wondering what the general opinion is on the whole threat detector thing...the 1up show made me aware of the opinion that it dumbs the game down to have your enemies highlighted in red all the time...personally i love the visual effect but hadnt really thought about its effect on gameplay.

Will it make it too easy to pick out your enemies straight away? That has always been a big thing in GR games as its quite easy to die.
The game has been designed from the ground up with this feature in mind, so the game could as difficult as the previous one if they want to.
You can disable the outlines if you want anyway, but according to the devs it just doesn't make sense to do so.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks pretty close to the target footage to me.
I actually think it looks great in these shots, but it's not the stills that I was worried about. The recent trailer of GRAW demonstrated the same kind of akward, choppy motion and animation that is so common with similar PC games. It moved in a very rough fashion, as opposed to that E3 trailer. Animation is going to make the biggest difference this gen, but it also takes a lot of time and effort to do right. If the team was able to even approach that E3 footage (in terms of animation quality), I'd give them major props.

The lighting in these shots is quite awesome, though. Some of them have an eerily realistic appearance.

major irritation: great looking games with POS plant life. game looks pretty nice otherwise. and its hard to gauge how bad they are without seeing them in motion. hope to see a good product turn out though. caters well to the x360 userbase

Drek

Very nice. The graphics are great, excellent use of a filter to dull those sharp edges and make them look more realistic. The presentation is what really sells it though (for me at least), especially the hud complete with pop up windows.

SonnyBoy

meltpotato said:
major irritation: great looking games with POS plant life. game looks pretty nice otherwise. and its hard to gauge how bad they are without seeing them in motion. hope to see a good product turn out though. caters well to the x360 userbase

I agree but it seems to vary from shot to show. The last picture posted and the one above it show type different qualities of effort. I too am hoping for more organic foliage in games this generation. Not to be biased, clearly I own a 360 but if CELL really excels at physics and crap like that hopefully we'll see a huge jump in this area. (not saying it wont happen if 360) :)

ACH1LL3US

Those are new pics, the game again looks like alot of fun! I am really loving this new 3rd person view that RE4 , GRAW and GOW are using alot! Bring it on!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
<nu>faust said:
sorry if old
1138994576.jpg

1138994580.jpg

1138994578.jpg

awesome, especially that first shot :O

the second one looks like tghe same area in the e3 video. i hope we see that explosion soon, i'm curious how it'll compare and if it will have as much smoke/dust afterwards

Smilebit

<nu>faust said:
are those links are slow as hell or is it just me?

Its slow, the movies are not high res or widescreen, but the last
two movies show new multiplayer maps in motion for the first time.

Lo-Volt

That looks like game where I'll get stupendously owned on Live, but damn. I still crave for it. Maybe in the summer.

Top Bottom