• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

RedSwirl

FutureZombie said:
Show me this Jack redesign IMMEDIATELY. They better not have changed her hair. I am not okay with that.

FutureZombie said:
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Actually, I'd like to see her in a dress. Not that I've spent a lot of time thinking about it...

I've always imagined her returning still bald, but in some kind of Buddhist monk outfit hanging out with some Asari who've trained her to better control her powers.

Ickman3400 said:
Wonder what reason bioware will come up with for ashley/kaidan becoming spectres...other than "it's cool" I mean.

I always imagined Ashley/Kaiden reaching N7 status by the third game while Garrus get's promoted to Spectre.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Solo said:
tsk tsk

I kept it in my pants in ME2 because I knew Ashley would be back. Knowing that Ive been faithful, she will reward me with the kinky shit. Threesome with a Hanar, he we come!

I hope she loosens up a bit and lets my Fem Shep get a piece of that ass

Complistic

read the scans. There is an absolute ton of speculation on their parts. I'd take all these "facts" with a grain of salt. Bioware will likely clear up any bits that they're misinformed on.

Kyoufu

Ashley/Kaidan as Spectres makes a lot of sense considering how humans have far more power in the galaxy in ME2 and onwards than they did in ME1.

Kinyou

Solo said:
tsk tsk

I kept it in my pants in ME2 because I knew Ashley would be back. Knowing that Ive been faithful, she will reward me with the kinky shit. Threesome with a Hanar, he we come!
Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true. Now if you'd excuse me...

*off to check out some kinky mass effect fanart*

Gvaz

Banned
Doodis said:
Saren's arm on the book cover? That's a hardcore waste of a question. Pretty weak interview overall.
Especially since that book covers saren before he met Sovereign.

Grisby

Phantom Limbs said:
This game will suck.

Why? It makes sense considering how long they've been with the Alliance. That, and they probably needed someone to fill in while Shepard was supa rogue.

Lakitu

st5fu
Grisby said:
Why? It makes sense considering how long they've been with the Alliance. That, and they probably needed someone to fill in while Shepard was supa rogue.

Don't worry about him. That's all he's actually had to say in this thread. Quite the contribution.

RedSwirl

Kyoufu said:
Ashley/Kaidan as Spectres makes a lot of sense considering how humans have far more power in the galaxy in ME2 and onwards than they did in ME1.

Maybe that could depend on your saving the council or not at the end of ME1.

volturnus

Banned
I'll keep my expectations as low as possible to avoid disappointment; the direction they are taking doesn't please me at all.

Kyoufu said:
I'm guessing space battles will be similar to SW:TOR's.
Which look terrible to say the least.

scarybore

Lakitu said:
I missed a pretty major detail.

Ashley (or Kaidan) have been promoted to Spectre status.

Kaidan... a Spectre? Hahaha! That's one of the funniest things I've read all year. I hope he rolls with Conrad Verner by his side.

The scans also confirm a new enemy type - The Cannibal. Part Batarian, part human and part Reaper. It eats other enemies during combat to gain strength. Not sure if it's been mentioned.

They eat enemies? Why do Batarians make everything awesome?
Except Arrival of course.

Ashley/Kaiden as spectre? bwahahahaha! That's hysterical!

So happy to see more familiar faces returning. I really should stop following info, but it's so early still... I'll let it slide a little longer.

Why did would they make the Virmire survivor a SPECTRE? Garrus should be one: he held off three different mercenary groups that were attacking him at the same time. That's SPECTRE material right there

Deathcraze said:
They eat enemies? Why do Batarians make everything awesome?
Except Arrival of course.

Didn't
all of the Batarians in the system get killed in Arrival?
That explains everything.

Lakitu

st5fu
I wonder how they'll handle Shepard's Spectre status in ME 3. The Council offered to reinstate my Shepard in ME 2 but he told them where to shove it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Phonomezer said:
Asari homeworld?

Could be. Could be where the Asari heirarchy are located on Thessia. It has the blue-purple vibe we got from Illium. Although, I'm probably not even close to the mark.

heliosRAzi said:
Why did would they make the Virmire survivor a SPECTRE? Garrus should be one: he held off three different mercenary groups that were attacking him at the same time. That's SPECTRE material right there

I love Garrus but he's arguably as unstable as Jack these days.

Garrus isn't anywhere near specter material: he's a renegade turian from the fleet. I can't see the council, even the human one, give him this chance.

Plus, we already saw a turian spectre... Saren, anyone ?

This game is going to have a record breaking amount of recorded diologue, when you think of all the characters that are alive or not alive depending on your actions in the previous games.

Three DVDs, I'm calling it now.

Kurtofan

UnluckyKate said:
Garrus isn't anywhere near specter material: he's a renegade turian from the fleet. I can't see the council, even the human one, give him this chance.

Plus, we already saw a turian spectre... Saren, anyone ?
Garrus is BADASS, that's the only quality required for the job (Ashlenko clearly lack badasness) and Shepard integrated a terrorist organization.

Dark FaZe said:
I love Garrus but he's arguably as unstable as Jack these days.
How is he unstable?

UnluckyKate said:
In ME2, Shepard is working with Cerberus, an avowed enemy of the Citadel, but he still has SPECTRE status.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Solo said:
tsk tsk

The dick of the galaxy's savior should not be tied down!

Teknoman

Whoo Garrus!

Clott said:
Right, I hope they learned a lot from developing the first two and we get an unprecedented amount of new places to explore.

As long as they figure out a better way to do it. Mako explored planets might have been kinda bland as far as actual exploration goes, but rolling around an alien world with multiple moons/suns/weather patterns was ALOT more interesting than ME2's scanning.

Quarian Homeworld Rannoch (The Geth Occupied One)

This means Talis face will finally be fully visible for the first time in the series! This creates serious complications in regards to my love interests! Help me GAF!

derp

Teknoman

-The action, rather than the all-linear affair of ME 2, will be more along the lines of Uncharted.
-Shepard faces full-on bosses in the game's story. Some are really huge. One part, you have to lure a Reaper up to a Thresher Maw so they can duke it out.

Nice.

Clott said:
Right, I hope they learned a lot from developing the first two and we get an unprecedented amount of new places to explore.

They've already said vehicles are out in the main campaign, so that's guaranteed to have an impact on how big the environments are and how much exploring we'll actually be able to do in any new locations.

What I wanted out of scanning and exploration from ME2 was a mix of ME1 & ME2.

You would scan for minerals the same as in ME2 but the scanner would pulsate around the edge closest to a resource, to give you a better idea of which direction to move; for planets that you would land on, it would be the same anomaly/beacon locator from ME2 and when you find the source and launch a probe to locate the landing site, you can then land in the Hammerhead and explore the large area for the location of the mission, just like in ME1.

Lakitu said:
-A human mega city that formed when Vancouver and Seattle merged.
Add: That's where you'll spend your time on Earth. So not London or New York like previously mentioned. Describes the planet: 'It's curved, futuristic buildings bathe in beautiful light as the sea laps into the waterfront and docks.' They also saw the aftermath in which the Reapers decimate it.

I just noticed the PSM scans show some concept art of the city before and after. The damage to the building in the art is laughable. A few holes, some fire and some smoke. Is that really all we expect from the Reaper attacks on homeworlds, etc?

Dark FaZe said:
This means Talis face will finally be fully visible for the first time in the series! This creates serious complications in regards to my love interests! Help me GAF!
What? No. They can't survive without their environmental suits in anywhere. They can't even really live on their homeworld anymore.

Jerk

Banned
Clott said:
Did the series really only sell 7 million? across PS360 and PC? I find that hard to believe.

"Only?"

And what is so difficult to believe about it? The series sells well, but not COD well.

Top Bottom