• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

Pimpbaa

I hope the facial animation is better. I do not want anymore creepy smiles. Especially on default male Shepard.

Clott said:
Did the series really only sell 7 million? across PS360 and PC? I find that hard to believe.

casey-hudson-300x318.jpg

Alright, Mass Effect series has only sold 7 million. Call of Duty sells, what, 7 million a piece? Time to brainstorm, people!

Dragon-Age-2-2.jpg

Well Call of Duty has weapon parts you can swap out. Different scopes and stuff. You could just add that to Mass Effect 3. Call it "richer RPG features" to shutup that vocal minority of complainers.

BIOWARE_Casey-Hudson_BIOboxart_160w.jpg

Fucking genius.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Crewnh said:
No way is Ashley and Kaidan Spectre material. what a joke.
Hey, how many people can get jumped by collector bugs and then move all the way behind a random crate several hundred yards away? They even got up on their own afterward!

Sounds pretty Spectre status to me.

Nirolak said:
Hey, how many people can get jumped by collector bugs and then move all the way behind a random crate several hundred yards away? They even got up on their own afterward!

Sounds pretty Spectre status to me.
It's funny that they're only in ME2 for just a very short period and now in ME3, they are Spectres.

It would have been the perfect story arc for Garrus, too; the cowboy cop gets tempered and more restrained. It was the logical choice, but Bioware went with the Virmire survivor.

Jerk

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
It's funny that they're only in ME2 for just a very short period and now in ME3, they are Spectres.

It would have been the perfect story arc for Garrus, too; the cowboy cop gets tempered and more restrained. It was the logical choice, but Bioware went with the Virmire survivor.

I do not think anyone on the team really deserves the honor, but if I was ever forced to chose, Garrus would be my choice as well.

Jerk said:
I do not think anyone on the team really deserves the honor, but if I was ever forced to chose, Garrus would be my choice as well.

Thinking about it. Yeah, it's pretty hard to see any of them earning it.

Hell, I'm not even sure Shepard deserves it.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Thinking about it. Yeah, it's pretty hard to see any of them earning it.

Hell, I'm not even sure Shepard deserves it.

Yeah, that is sort of where I was going with that.

Clott

I just expect more, I was thinking along the lines of 8-10 million. I just wish them more success without having to sell out.

Clott

Lostconfused said:
They were sold to EA, it's a bit late for those sentiments.

I think they have quite a few "dude bro's" in them, that they are holding back on us out of respect.

Monocle

Kinyou said:
I think I know the reason for Jacobs return....

ME2_Jacob.jpg

Before you wonder, you'd have to manipulate a save file to achieve this happening
In my ME universe, Legion would have something to say about that.

heliosRAzi said:
It would have been the perfect story arc for Garrus, too; the cowboy cop gets tempered and more restrained.
That was his entire story line in the first game. But if they are bringing him back because he is a fan favorite then there is at least some hope his story will get more attention and might end up being ok. I hope.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Lostconfused said:
That was his entire story line in the first game. But if they are bringing him back because he is a fan favorite then there is at least some hope his story will get more attention and might end up being ok. I hope.
Well, they did have different writers assigned to his regular dialog and his missions for ME2, so they considered him big enough to task two writers onto his character. Hopefully that reflects their intentions for ME3 as well.

On that note, while this has basically been confirmed as the end of Shepard's story, I wonder if we will see any of the other characters move forward into the future.

Nirolak said:
On that note, while this has basically been confirmed as the end of Shepard's story, I wonder if we will see any of the other characters move forward into the future.
I expect characters like TIM, Aria, Anderson and Udina to stick around. They were used to tie the extended universe stuff like books and comics to the game and I expect they will be used in the same way for any spin off games made in the future. After the events of Shadow Broker Liara is likely to be prominent and being an Asari means her character can stick around for a long time. But I am not sure about any of the squad members though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Lostconfused said:
I expect characters like TIM, Aria, Anderson and Udina to stick around. They were used to tie the extended universe stuff like books and comics to the game and I expect they will be used in the same way for any spin off games made in the future. After the events of Shadow Broker Liara is likely to be prominent and being an Asari means her character can stick around for a long time. But I am not sure about any of the squad members though.
Aria is an interesting note since Mac Walters was talking about how much he loved her character.

Edit:

At least I think I remember him saying that in the live chat...

kuYuri

My body is ready for Jack's redesign reveal.

Also, Ashley's redesign is looking better then I expected. The Game Informer scan made it looks incomplete, but there's still some time to tweak the look.

Also, Palaven and Thessia please!

X-Frame

I really hope ME3 is releasing in Sept or October ..

I also sort of feel like I need to go on a media blackout -- a lot of this info is too much for a preview IMO.

X-Frame said:
I really hope ME3 is releasing in Sept or October ..

I also sort of feel like I need to go on a media blackout -- a lot of this info is too much for a preview IMO.

November 8 seems to be the date right now. I know it was recently stated by one of these magazines but I'm pretty sure it was on the debut trailer at the spike awards show too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ickman3400 said:
November 8 seems to be the date right now. I know it was recently stated by one of these magazines but I'm pretty sure it was on the debut trailer at the spike awards show too.
BioWare noted on their forum that the Spanish Magazine date was just a guess.

It's still just Holidays.

I'm guessing October given everything coming out in November.

Nirolak said:

It's probably best if it hits October. Casuals will be ready for COD and maybe BF and most rpg fans will be frothing for Skyrim. I know right now if they released together and if I could only get one I'd get Skyrim as it's more of a guarantee it will be great so far.

CrazyDude

Nirolak said:

Or January, like they did for ME2.

X-Frame

Ickman3400 said:
It's probably best if it hits October. Casuals will be ready for COD and maybe BF and most rpg fans will be frothing for Skyrim. I know right now if they released together and if I could only get one I'd get Skyrim as it's more of a guarantee it will be great so far.

I agree with you, though I'll agree with anyone who wants it to come out sooner rather than later. :)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nirolak said:
Aria is an interesting note since Mac Walters was talking about how much he loved her character.

Edit:

At least I think I remember him saying that in the live chat...
Yeah, he did. Something like "Hyuk hyuk, I remember starting off the character's concept with "You don't fuck with Aria" and it just went from there. She's so cool. I'm a master at my work, hyuk."

Ickman3400 said:
I know right now if they released together and if I could only get one I'd get Skyrim as it's more of a guarantee it will be great so far.
At least from my point of view it would be much better to wait on Skyrim. The modding community jumped really quickly on New Vegas because there weren't any differences compared to Fallout 3. With Skyrim it would probably be better to give two weeks or maybe a month before even thinking of starting the game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Lostconfused said:
At least from my point of view it would be much better to wait on Skyrim. The modding community jumped really quickly on New Vegas because there weren't any differences compared to Fallout 3. With Skyrim it would probably be better to give two weeks or maybe a month before even thinking of starting the game.
In my case, it looks like Skyrim won't be need a mod to justify playing it, like Morrowind before it.

Ezalc

Well I still wouldn't go anywhere near Ashley in terms of romancing. I want to know if I can romance Kasumi or Samara, and finally like Uncharted? Oh god I don't like the sound of that.

I personally think this looks and sounds like it's coming along nicely. I'm very excited for this. Have to admit that even after the ME2 letdown that Bioware has me back in their corner for the time being.

We are getting some of the micromanaging back, and Bioware seems to want to make sure that Shepard actually has some fucking characterization this time. They are focusing on smaller personal moments as well. Were getting back most of the squad members and in particular the LI's. They've hinted at space combat. That's pretty much all I could realistically ask for.

The prettier graphics are nice as well.

Hopefully Mansell respects the music of the games before him. I understand he's a big shot, and I do like his work in movies. He definitely has some capital to spend here. I know that he's not the type to spam a bunch of horns and shit, so I'm not too worried.

All that's left is for the story to be a bit subtle. Action set pieces and such a fine and expected in a game like this, just hope Bioware finds the balance that (I feel) they had in ME1.

Edit : Ashley >>> Miranda, easily for me. Hated Mirandas "I was made to be perfection" shit.

CrazyDude

Kitschkraft said:
I personally think this looks and sounds like it's coming along nicely. I'm very excited for this. Have to admit that even after the ME2 letdown that Bioware has me back in their corner for the time being.

We are getting some of the micromanaging back, and Bioware seems to want to make sure that Shepard actually has some fucking characterization this time. They are focusing on smaller personal moments as well. Were getting back most of the squad members and in particular the LI's. They've hinted at space combat. That's pretty much all I could realistically ask for.

The prettier graphics are nice as well.

Hopefully Mansell respects the music of the games before him. I understand he's a big shot, and I do like his work in movies. He definitely has some capital to spend here. I know that he's not the type to spam a bunch of horns and shit, so I'm not too worried.

All that's left is for the story to be a bit subtle. Action set pieces and such a fine and expected in a game like this, just hope Bioware finds the balance that (I feel) they had in ME1.
They did say the structure of the story will be more like ME1 then ME2.

Top Bottom