• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More movie like the goonies?

Travo

6e53ef5f6bd6f8d67e7cbfbf7c0ef453.jpg

just the poster alone invokes adventure..is this a good movie?

Not really. It's cutesy but not really good.

pswii60

Everyone has already mentioned the movies I was thinking of.

Except D.A.R.Y.L.

There's nothing quite like The Goonies but plenty of 80s kids movies that give similar vibes. It's a shame they don't really make movies like that anymore.

Of course everyone knows the best is still Mac and Me. That big sequel tease at the end too.. we're still waiting.

Aerogamer

Neo Member
If you don't mind foreign films with subs then Chillar Party is pretty good, albeit it is a little bit more like Sandlot. Follows kids that band together.

51zGg%2BGshWL.jpg

Tom Hanks best movie.

So many fantastic quotes in that movie.

"My husband isn't coming out until he resembles the man that I married"

"We don't have that kind of time!"

That entire scene where they went into the Klopeks house for tea and sardines was hilarious.

"Hans? Uh ho ho, a fine Christian name"

"uuuh a pretty girl, friend of yours?"

"nooo, it came with the frame"

commedieu

Banned
Everyone has already mentioned the movies I was thinking of.

Except D.A.R.Y.L.

There's nothing quite like The Goonies but plenty of 80s kids movies that give similar vibes. It's a shame they don't really make movies like that anymore.

Of course everyone knows the best is still Mac and Me. That big sequel tease at the end too.. we're still waiting.

Came to post d.a.r.y.l. Shame it's page 3.

Please proceed, thread...

Jumanji.

It's even actually an adaptation of a 1981 children's book.

If that's the case, might as include Polar Express, which was adapted from a 1985 children's book (hell, same year Goonies came out). Know it was set in "olden times", but the kids still go on some thrills in that movie.

And considering some of these movies listed by other posters aren't all about "groups" of kids, I'd include Lady in White.

Rootbeer

Banned
Good suggestions. Stranger Things is the closest to a modern day Goonies revival so don't miss that one. Season 2 later this year!

Stephen King's IT (1990) or the upcoming 2017 readaptation.

I'm glad someone mentioned The Explorers. I love the first like, 2/3, the last 1/3 doesn't stand up as much to rewatching. But definitely see it.

Flight of the Navigator?

I don't know what else to add. I'll say that Sleepers (1996) starts out kinda like a Stand By Me/Sandlot-esque film but then some really dark shit happens that TOTALLY changes it. So if you want to watch something fucked up, you can try that one maybe.

Top Bottom