• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Top Staff Leaves Infinity Ward

Basileus777 said:
Activision doesn't need IW to make a decent Call of Duty game anymore, the formula has been laid out. World at War proves this. What they're really losing here is whatever IW's next non-COD project would have been, but it seems Activision would prefer to just milk COD anyway.

Very insightful post.

Gozan

Visualante said:
If they're not forming they're own rebel studio (which wouldn't surprise me) Valve should take them.

They should go to Lucasarts and make the definite Star Wars MP squad-shooter.

The bullets in CoD already move like lasers, anyway!

Safe Bet

Banned
jufonuk said:
Yeah but they got the Highest Selling Music Franchise in Gaming History under Their (Activision's) control so they can let Sledgehammer Neversoft and Treyarch Harmonix work on it.
Fixed?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
god dammit this is gonna be a situation where the core studio breaks up so you have
  • the original studio
  • and 1 or more studio started by ex-original studio people
and never shall either be as good as the original.

Basileus777 said:
Activision doesn't need IW to make a decent Call of Duty game anymore, the formula has been laid out. World at War proves this. What they're really losing here is whatever IW's next non-COD project would have been, but it seems Activision would prefer to just milk COD anyway.

It's a very good point you make, but don't forget that WaW used IW's COD4 engine... without that would it have been anywhere near as good as it was? IW might have been good at the design aspects but their tech was brilliant too and a big part of their success. Activision are also losing that.

endlessflood said:
It's a very good point you make, but don't forget that WaW used IW's COD4 engine... without that would it have been anywhere near as good as it was? IW might have been good at the design aspects but their tech was brilliant too and a big part of their success. Activision are also losing that.

Actually, IW's tech is probably the least impressive part of their work. The COD engine is a seriously over-extended upgrade to the Quake 3 engine. At high-resolutions with quality texture-filtering settings the cracks are painfully apparent.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
jim-jam bongs said:
Actually, IW's tech is probably the least impressive part of their work. The COD engine is a seriously over-extended upgrade to the Quake 3 engine. At high-resolutions with quality texture-filtering settings the cracks are painfully apparent.
Then why did CoD4 win so many best graphics awards over Crysis? Huhn!?

Yeah, that's right. Suck it.

:(

Safe Bet

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
Actually, IW's tech is probably the least impressive part of their work.
The PS3 version of CoD4 ran as well as the 360 version.

They must have been doing something "better" than alot of other people.

BobsRevenge said:
Then why did CoD4 win so many best graphics awards over Crysis? Huhn!?
There are people who would pick Van Gogh over Michaelangelo.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Safe Bet said:

I think most would call that something, "making an effort."

Massa

Safe Bet said:

There are people who would pick Van Gogh over Michaelangelo.

Oh, please. They didn't even patch in DualShock3 support (although they had a team ready to port the map pack...).

Top Bottom