• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrowind 2011 - It's out!

Calantus

does this include a UI mod? because i can't stand the current UI that i have, i installed morrowind 2011 so i'm assuming it doesn't come with one

EDIT: i'm mainly talking about the quest tracking system/inventory system

demon arm

ZombieSupaStar said:
So I basically used his guide with the exception of me subbing out his Visual Pack XT with Morrowind Visual Pack- Combined 3.0[...]
Thanks for the post! I tried your method too after getting unsatisfactory results with Morrowind 2011 (some errors and glitches I couldn't fix). Even if it did take 3 hours to download and install the roughly 80 files, I felt in control of the process and got good results.

That being said I don't get the hate for the mod compilation.

bengraven

Edit: I didn't mean to have three posts in a row. I thought this thread was still getting updated and I've been following the first posts about setup to a T and didn't realize I was the only one here. ha

bengraven

Working great, despite low framerates. Thing putters just as bad as it did on the Xbox.

I think it's that Vurt's ground clutter thing. The trees are really setting off the framerate. We're talking 15-20 at the most, once a tile is loaded a few times I can get up to 30.

bengraven

Damn, my framerates are atrocious. I'm using MGE. I turned down the grass to 50%, turned off all the fun shaders, etc and I still can't get it to go over a 20-25 average (with my lowest being 10-15) at times. I even turned down the view distance from 25 cells to just 5 with no real change.

Last year I installed with animated grass and long depth of field and was still getting 60 fps in busy areas on the same PC.

Any clue what I might be doing wrong or how I might improve framerates?

Edit: didn't realize I triple posted, see my explanation above.

Ledsen

bengraven said:
Damn, my framerates are atrocious. I'm using MGE. I turned down the grass to 50%, turned off all the fun shaders, etc and I still can't get it to go over a 20-25 average (with my lowest being 10-15) at times. I even turned down the view distance from 25 cells to just 5 with no real change.

Last year I installed with animated grass and long depth of field and was still getting 60 fps in busy areas on the same PC.

Any clue what I might be doing wrong or how I might improve framerates?

Edit: didn't realize I triple posted, see my explanation above.

This compilation includes lots of fps-sucking mods that you may not need or want... the best thing to do is honestly to drop the compilation and use a guide instead, only picking the mods you want. See zombiesupastar's post above for a guide that seems pretty good.

Rufus

Ledsen said:
This compilation includes lots of fps-sucking mods that you may not need or want... the best thing to do is honestly to drop the compilation and use a guide instead, only picking the mods you want. See zombiesupastar's post above for a guide that seems pretty good.
I get pretty bad frame rates even with Knots' guide linked above. Around 20 outdoors. The most fps-sucking things are the shaders. I've said it several times already, but I will re-iterate yet again. Turning them off entirely (or one by one) gives me good framerates even with a 25 cell draw distance in Distant Land and all its water effects turned on, etc. Way above 30 most of the time, with rare dips to around 25.
I didn't try turning down the resolution, but I wouldn't want to play at anything other than my monitor's native 1080p anyway.

Again, shaders. Turn them off for good frame rates. Then turn on the ones you want one by one, keeping an eye on your fps. For me, activating a single one is too much, but the game still looks great with all the other mods alone, so it's not a big loss.

Ledsen

Sanjay said:
I saw this posted on eurogamers today.
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/morrowind-mod-video-shows-upgrades

Morrowind Overhaul
http://morrowindoverhaul.net/blog/?page_id=17

This must be why Morrowind 2011 got so much hate from the community and taken down in the end. I never did get round to trying Morrowind 2011 but did download the torrent so I still have it. Now I don't know which one to try out, Morrowind 2011 or Morrowind Overhaul.

Dose godrays. Also love the respect the guy is showing for the community.

OniShiro

Banned
I just got the Elder Scrolls Pack from steam.

I want to install a Morrowind mod that basically:

• Works with the steam version of the game
  • Turns the game widescreen and supports modern resolutions ( 16:10 )
  • Improves the games textures
  • Is not very hardware intensive ( playing on a gaming laptop )

But I don't know where to start, this seems very complicated, not as easy to mod as Vampire the Masquerade.

So if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sanjay said:
I saw this posted on eurogamers today.
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/morrowind-mod-video-shows-upgrades

Morrowind Overhaul
http://morrowindoverhaul.net/blog/?page_id=17

This must be why Morrowind 2011 got so much hate from the community and taken down in the end. I never did get round to trying Morrowind 2011 but did download the torrent so I still have it. Now I don't know which one to try out, Morrowind 2011 or Morrowind Overhaul.

Oh wow. I have been using 2011 since before it was taken down. I may uninstall that one and use this, I like that it has a configuration menu. Much better that M11 where you just got what you got, and a convoluted installation.

Top Bottom