• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 12 Announcement is Imminent. Confirmed to be a Reboot.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Miss Piggy Whatever GIF by Sky

Dazraell

Gotta love how amazingly MK9 rebooted the franchise just for them to immediately screw it all up and have to reboot it again already.

Well, if they would follow the ending of MK11 Aftermath expansion this would make a lot of sense. The final scene basically implied the complete reboot of the timeline

Cashon

Banned
Where is the confirmation of a reboot?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a reboot with some competent writers who can fully take advantage of what's there, but this doesn't confirm anything except that an announcement is com... koming soon.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Where is the confirmation of a reboot?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a reboot with some competent writers who can fully take advantage of what's there, but this doesn't confirm anything except that an announcement is com... koming soon.

12 goes to 1.

Kusarigama

Even after so much botching up by the writers and retconning, MK has by far the best lore in a fighting game. At this point I am really not too much concerned by their continuity and respect of the lore. I would just like a great fighting game without annoying grindy and FOMO stuff.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Looks like this will be announced and have gameplay shown long before a showcase.

Looks like insiders were wrong for the 30th time on a row.

No showcase

Last edited:
Top Bottom