• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 8 REVEALED IN ALL ITS GLOR...wait, what is this?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
sp0rsk said:
Why does this franchise still get sequels?

What other industry has a company actively making sequels to something that was popular over 10 years ago and died a horrible death?
Someone's never walked down the 'Horror' aisle at a DVD retailer.

kuYuri

The-Switcher said:
Well, yeah, all three last-gen games sold at least a million copies each.

It's the only dependable thing Midway has.

EDIT: FIRST footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-zLJpUMtk

I downloaded the first (and only) over the summer last year. That shit was horrible, what the hell was I thinking watching that back in the days? :lol

It might have actually been decent if it took itself more seriously.

raYne

Oneself said:
I want Shaolin Monks 2. Online co-op.
I've been saying this for years.

I don't know what's worse. Them making sequel after shitty sequel of their "fighting" games.. or the people that insist on buying them and supporting this bullshit?

Doc Evils

Insane Metal said:
Oh man, I would totally LOVE if they forgot about everything they´ve done in the last MK´s and made a game using, say, UE3, with characters similar to those in MK1, and 2D gameplay. That would be awesome.

MK with bald space marines?

Mamesj

Banned
All I ask for is digitized graphics and more things spelled with a "K" because that's klever.

Pipomantis said:
It will be the Third Strike of the MK series :lol

Somehow I doubt this will be the best MK yet.

Cardon said:
God if that DC rumor actually turns out true I'm going to cry tears of sadness.
DC won't allow characters like Batman or Superman rip people's necks off or something like that so I really doubt they'll be in a MK game.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
sp0rsk said:
Why does this franchise still get sequels?

What other industry has a company actively making sequels to something that was popular over 10 years ago and died a horrible death?

If he wants to make something new, fucking make something new.

Land Before Time, bro. Land Before Time.

luffeN

pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good

sp0rsk said:
UE3 is the only thing that could make MK characters uglier than they already are.

I have to agree with this. I love MK but using UE3 might end up hurting the character models. MK on last gen systems looked like plastic toys. I can't see UE3 helping them look more realistic. if they can pull off a UE3 game that has realistic looking characters I will be highly impressed. Not every developer knows how to handle the UE3 engine either. Midway's other two games that use the UE3 looked nowhere as good as Gears/Bioshock/LO. I hope they are able to make the game look great despite the crap that was HOV.

RiZ III

I'm actually on the project >_> Haven't been here since the start, but it sure will be interesting to see the reactions

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RiZ III said:
I'm actually on the project >_> Haven't been here since the start, but it sure will be interesting to see the reactions

Hey, while you're at it, tell Midway that I would like an arcade-perfect port of San Francisco Rush 2049 SE for XBLA. And Hydro Thunder. And a Wii compilation with all of their light gun shooters, with The Grid thrown in for good measure. :D

Cardon

RiZ III said:

Hmm, very interesting. Perhaps you should add a Hot Doug's easter egg in the game someplace since I'm sure many of you go there for lunch.

RiZ III

Cardon said:
Hmm, very interesting. Perhaps you should add a Hot Doug's easter egg in the game someplace since I'm sure many of you go there for lunch.

Are you at MW too or just in the area?

twinturbo2 said:
Hey, while you're at it, tell Midway that I would like an arcade-perfect port of San Francisco Rush 2049 SE for XBLA. And Hydro Thunder. And a Wii compilation with all of their light gun shooters, with The Grid thrown in for good measure. :D

Didn't Midway release arcade ports of those games in the last Midway Arcade Treasures compilation?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The-Switcher said:
Didn't Midway release arcade ports of those games in the last Midway Arcade Treasures compilation?

The versions of Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder in Midway Arcade Treasures 3 were based on the Dreamcast version. I want the original arcade versions...

What made MK2 so great was the simple brutality of hit. When you connected on an uppercut, it felt raw and powerful. Same with roundhouses... they sent opposing fighters rocketing across the screen.

If they can replicate the dark, gritty, and intensity of MK2... I will buy day one.

GQman2121

Banned
Boon and friends need to stay the hell out of the 3d space. Take things back to 2d, or go the SFIV route and do a hybrid of the two.

Either way, the long term outlook for this new game is not good.

GrayFoxPL

noob.com is at 38 minutes.

This is gonna be it! I can't wait!

Have me cock out and getting ready to fap the blood out of it!

Fuck YES! Bring it on!

:D :D :D :D :D

Btw. I can't belive so many haters in here. Bah. I'll blow my load on you too! ;)

No45

1h 35m here (UK). :lol

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I've never been a hardcore fan of the series, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to HD fatalities.

Top Bottom