• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

Glass Joe

A lot of these characters we have to work to unlock first, right? Anyone know or have a good guess as to who all we get to start? I'd wager the top 4 rows of characters but curious if anyone knows for sure.

Big Chungus

Smoke =
NaXJC.gif
?

Glass Joe said:
A lot of these characters we have to work to unlock first, right? Anyone know or have a good guess as to who all we get to start? I'd wager the top 4 rows of characters but curious if anyone knows for sure.

I can't remember how many had to be unlocked that were listed in the achievements list. I know Cyber Sub and Quan Chi are two of them if the achievements were totally right.

Barkley's Justice said:
and honestly, boon & co: would it hurt to edit yourselves a bit? how many fucking ninjas do we need. subzero, scorpion. you're good. know what i mean? 2 ninjas is enough.

wow, have you played any MK game after II?

Gravijah

Tizoc said:
Was there any difference between Cyrax and Sektor's gameplay style?

Cyrax has a net and bombs and other random stuff. Sektor has missiles and stuff. They don't really play similar at all.

Tizoc

Oh yeah if I haven't said it yet-
The 360 exclusive DLC character might be DC's Lobo. This is random speculation but...think about it.
Other candidate: Attrocious from the GL series.

Tizoc said:
Oh yeah if I haven't said it yet-
The 360 exclusive DLC character might be DC's Lobo. This is random speculation but...think about it.
Other candidate: Attrocious from the GL series.

Except the only people in the world who know who the hell lobo is, is like...you and me, I guess?

Kratos is in the PS3 version?

Lobo in the 360?

Microsoft would probably prefer if it were just some exclusive avatar shit.

fernoca

Yeah and Shang Tsung using Sonic's Chaos Emeralds to invade the Earth.
And Raiden lives in a castle....from Disney? XD

Liu Kang and Kung Lao just..chillin'.
11me4jo.png

..and wow..there are like..15 parts of those videos. :/

fernoca

Gravijah said:
I'm gonna do it. I'm that bored. :(
Haha.
I'll watch a few more, just to see were the "story" goes.

Crappiness aside, props to the guy for the use of all those sprites..and the fights were not bad. :p

AMUSIX

henhowc said:
When all is said and done...50% of the roster will be ninjas. Where are the pirates? :p
The 50% ninja thing really surprised me too...
jCJdf.jpg

Now, I like a hell of a lot of those characters...but when designing characters in the future, the team might not want to start with..."OK...so he's a ninja!..."

Gravijah

AMUSIX said:
http://i.imgur.com/jCJdf.jpg[IMG]

Now, I like a hell of a lot of those characters...but when designing characters in the future, the team might not want to start with..."OK...so he's a ninja!..."[/QUOTE]

The thing is, fans really like the ninjas.

[QUOTE=fernoca]Haha.
I'll watch a few more, just to see were the "story" goes.

Crappiness aside, props to the guy for the use of all those sprites..and the fights were not bad. :p[/QUOTE]

It's oh so silly, but it's a nice reminder of how good the sprites in UMK3 were.

AMUSIX said:
http://i.imgur.com/jCJdf.jpg[/url]

Now, I like a hell of a lot of those characters...but when designing characters in the future, the team might not want to start with..."OK...so he's a ninja!..."[/QUOTE]
Kabal is not a ninja...

And that's kind of cheating to slap NINJA! over the two DLC slots.

The Lamonster said:
Kabal is not a ninja...

And that's kind of cheating to slap NINJA! over the two DLC slots.
Cyber Sub and Skarlett are ninjas :p.

So just -1 for Kabal.

Meh. I'll take ninjas over shotos any day of the week.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't really mind the ninjas all that much as long as they play differently. Its just kind of funny.

They could probably just unmask any future new characters and go...naw he/she ain't no ninja. LOL

fernoca

Wearing masks doesn't translate into being a ninja.
The characters needed to have some connection with their former looks. Even in the original games, when they were just "ninja palette swaps", story wise they were not ninjas.

Rain: (which is not in this game at the moment): Prince/royalty with water/lightning powers
Ermac: A vessel of souls
Kitana: Princess/bodyguard/assassin
Jade: Bodyguard/assassin
Mileena: Bodyguard/assassin
Scorpion: Dead ninja
Sub-Zero: Ninja with ice powers
Cyrax: Cyber Ninja
Noob Saibot: member of the brotherhood of Shadows (a corrupted soul of a dead ninja)
Sektor: Cyber Ninja
Smoke: Ninja with smoke powers
Reptile: Stealth saurian/bodyguard/assassin​
And so on...

Of the 27 characters in that screen, only 6 could be considered as "ninjas". 3 being cyber ninjas, 2 regular ninjas, and 1 being basically the zombie of a dead ninja.

Even counting those 6; that's not 50% of 27. :p

Glass Joe

fernoca said:
Wearing masks doesn't translate into being a ninja.
The characters needed to have some connection with their former looks. Even in the original games, when they were just "ninja palette swaps", story wise they were not ninjas.

Rain: (which is not in this game at the moment): Prince/royalty with water/lightning powers
Ermac: A vessel of souls
Kitana: Princess/bodyguard/assassin
Jade: Bodyguard/assassin
Mileena: Bodyguard/assassin
Scorpion: Dead ninja
Sub-Zero: Ninja with ice powers
Cyrax: Cyber Ninja
Noob Saibot: member of the brotherhood of Shadows (a corrupted soul of a dead ninja)
Sektor: Cyber Ninja
Smoke: Ninja with smoke powers
Reptile: Stealth saurian/bodyguard/assassin​
And so on...

Of the 27 characters in that screen, only 6 could be considered as "ninjas". 3 being cyber ninjas, 2 regular ninjas, and 1 being basically the zombie of a dead ninja.

Even counting those 6; that's not 50% of 27. :p

Yeah, the original looks exist because they were pallet swaps that got out of control back in the day(I bet that's why Super Street Fighter II let you change everyone 6 different colors, ha ha). On the plus, at least they all look different in game now.

Smoke looks absolutely ridiculous. But I'm totally OK with it because we all know he's going to have a classic ninja skin like everyone else, and I'm never gonna look back after I get it.

Top Bottom